Author Topic: T-shirts/swag ideas  (Read 14775 times)

Offline robrigo

I just posted this in Gentso1's thread but realized the real discussion was here. I like "I killed the bank" as a quote but here are some generic quotes I thought up to apply across the BitShares ecosystem:

"Decentralized Systems for a Freer Tomorrow"

"Decentralized Systems for a Fairer Tomorrow"

"Decentralized Systems for a Fairer / Freer Future"

"Empowering Humanity to Manage Globalized Services Together"

"There's a token for that."

"Invest in the future of human collaboration."

"In DACs We (don't have to) Trust"

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile
As I said in the other thread I think 'I killed the bank' is cool for a T-Shirt but I think it relates more to BitShares X.

For a general BitShares T-Shirt what about 'Can't Touch This!'

For a T, It's kind of fun - from the MC Hammer song, and implies BitShares is so good nothing comes close and that your shares are private and untouchable? Hmm then again MC Hammer did end up bankrupt... If I think of anything else, I'll add it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otCpCn0l4Wo
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 06:01:51 pm by Empirical1 »

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso
'The revolution will not be centralised' seems a bit long to me for a T-Shirt but I see it's really popular and I can't think of anything better.

For BitsharesX, what about Andrew Jackson's famous quote (which is also on his tombstone I believe.)

'I killed the bank'
- Andrew Jackson

I think that written on the back of a shirt will get a lot of attention. The quote stems from the fact that he destroyed the predecessor to the Federal Reserve...

Andrew Jackson said/did some cool stuff and 200 years later not much has changed....

Gentlemen! I too have been a close observer of the doings of the Bank of the United States. I have had men watching you for a long time, and am convinced that you have used the funds of the bank to speculate in the breadstuffs of the country. When you won, you divided the profits amongst you, and when you lost, you charged it to the bank. You tell me that if I take the deposits from the bank and annul its charter I shall ruin ten thousand families. That may be true, gentlemen, but that is your sin! Should I let you go on, you will ruin fifty thousand families, and that would be my sin! You are a den of vipers and thieves. I have determined to rout you out, and by the Eternal, (bringing his fist down on the table) I will rout you out!     

The 2nd quote while amusing is too long for a tshirt.  I like the "I killed the bank" with andrew jackson.  Then on the other side you have a picture of Dan and it says ???

This isn't a terribly serious idea btw.

The 2nd quote wasn't intended for the shirt, just some context for the forum :)
I'm glad I  'I killed the bank' picked up some steam. I still think it will be cool, relevant and attention grabbing.

Lol I follow you now.

Here are the mock up's. Not sure how I feel about the qoute font, please feel free to give me some feed back.

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile
'The revolution will not be centralised' seems a bit long to me for a T-Shirt but I see it's really popular and I can't think of anything better.

For BitsharesX, what about Andrew Jackson's famous quote (which is also on his tombstone I believe.)

'I killed the bank'
- Andrew Jackson

I think that written on the back of a shirt will get a lot of attention. The quote stems from the fact that he destroyed the predecessor to the Federal Reserve...

Andrew Jackson said/did some cool stuff and 200 years later not much has changed....

Gentlemen! I too have been a close observer of the doings of the Bank of the United States. I have had men watching you for a long time, and am convinced that you have used the funds of the bank to speculate in the breadstuffs of the country. When you won, you divided the profits amongst you, and when you lost, you charged it to the bank. You tell me that if I take the deposits from the bank and annul its charter I shall ruin ten thousand families. That may be true, gentlemen, but that is your sin! Should I let you go on, you will ruin fifty thousand families, and that would be my sin! You are a den of vipers and thieves. I have determined to rout you out, and by the Eternal, (bringing his fist down on the table) I will rout you out!     

The 2nd quote while amusing is too long for a tshirt.  I like the "I killed the bank" with andrew jackson.  Then on the other side you have a picture of Dan and it says ???

This isn't a terribly serious idea btw.

The 2nd quote wasn't intended for the shirt, just some context for the forum :)
I'm glad I  'I killed the bank' picked up some steam. I still think it will be cool, relevant and attention grabbing.

« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 01:03:09 pm by Empirical1 »

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
Ya, mine are pretty safe and harmless.  Stan bought one so I figure they are OK :).  However, the way the site I used works is that until a certain number are ordered (about 30) they don't go to print.  So it's likely that mine will never see the light of day which is fine because my intent was to get the ball rolling.

Ultimately we are all working towards the same goal, we may just use different words to get their. I still very much respect the fact that you are taking your time and using your skills to help bitshares succeed. I also have a min run but I have chosen to foot the bill out of pocket. A few will be sold (hopefully :) ) but I expect to do some give always and I have a special idea to maybe get someone a little more important in the community to wear one but lets just get them made first :P

Offline Riverhead

Ya, mine are pretty safe and harmless.  Stan bought one so I figure they are OK :).  However, the way the site I used works is that until a certain number are ordered (about 30) they don't go to print.  So it's likely that mine will never see the light of day which is fine because my intent was to get the ball rolling.

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
Quick update I met and talked with my friend today today.
Prices should be 10$ each(maybe less depending on interest)+ shipping (this covers sizes up to 3x, larger sizes are available just a little more)
The bitshares logo will be on the front in large print (2 color, just like the actual logo)
The, "I killed the bank" qoute in smaller font under the logo.
On the back a smaller bitshare logo close to the neck line with a list of any DAC's that would like to be listed under the bitshare logo
Shirts can be white or grey and I believe black at no extra charge
He also said hoodies can be made for a few dollars more.
The shirts are screen printed(not iron on) gildan 50/50 blends. Other styles such as collar or even different blends of fabric can be available.
The business is a local business here in town where I know the people and they take pride in there work.
Shirts would be shipped from Pennsylvania, USA.
The mockup should be done on monday and I will post it to this site.
Any questions please ask or send a PM I will respond as quick as I can.

I would check with our marketing guy first. Personally, I don't approve of the slogan. My opinion does not matter, but I would think twice before printing up "Bitshares" shirts with whatever slogan you like underneath...needs to be thought out better.
I agree and will run the final mock-up through Brian once we have one(should be tomorrow). I see no point in bothering them until I have a mock-up though.
I understand your differences on the slogan but to me just the fact that it has caused some discussion tells me it is doing its job. Ultimately I am doing this all out of my own pocket and at cost. I of course what I3's blessing but from what I have read grass root marketing is exactly what we as users and supporters of bitshares  should be doing.
Riverhead has also posted some great tee's and perhaps they would be more your speed but for those of us that want something a little edgyier?, I think this will be a great fit (no pun intended).
 Fyi I love the bobmaloney post, references titan and the fact that we are building our own chain instead of using existing ones. Clever, trendy and it catches your eye.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Prices should be 10$ each(maybe less depending on interest)+ shipping (this covers sizes up to 3x, larger sizes are available just a little more)
The bitshares logo will be on the front in large print (2 color, just like the actual logo)
On the back a smaller bitshare logo close to the neck line with a list of any DAC's that would like to be listed under the bitshare logo
The shirts are screen printed(not iron on) gildan 50/50 blends. Other styles such as collar or even different blends of fabric can be available.
The business is a local business here in town where I know the people and they take pride in there work.

I would check with our marketing guy first. Personally, I don't approve of the slogan. My opinion does not matter, but I would think twice before printing up "Bitshares" shirts with whatever slogan you like underneath...needs to be thought out better.

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile

Offline mint chocolate chip

I want a hoody

Offline Riverhead

The 'kill banks' quote sounds too anarchist. To me, this is not about destroying something, only improving it and creating a better mousetrap. If the old order is no longer needed, then so be it, and let it fall away organically, but I am not out to kill anything.

It is a T-shirt and meant to grab attention.  The banks are not going anywhere and can't be killed.  A lot of people not very happy with banking system these past 10-20 years.   It is an inanimate object.

Actually I like Charles H's suggestion of "IPO in a box".  You read enough stuff on here and there are some gems.

I agree with you t-shirt statement 100%. The only goal for the shirt as far as I can see is to get random strangers that see us wearing it to google it and get interested. Lure them in with a strong bold statement. Fact is If they google bitshares, or any of the Dac's because of the shirt, then to me the shirt has done its job.

Like I said I will meet with my buddy tomorrow and kick out some ideas and upload a design. I will also get a price and time when they can be available. I will also ask him about differences in quality between the shirts we see on-line vs the ones he can make us. So we can get the best deal vs quality possible. Let me also be clear I will make these available at cost as I believe it befits the entire eco system to get the name out their.

P.S. I can't wait to wear one to the bank........ :P
Keep us posted. I'm willing to pay for quality. Looking forward to the mock ups.

Offline bobmaloney

"The crows seemed to be calling his name, thought Caw."
- Jack Handey (SNL)

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
The 'kill banks' quote sounds too anarchist. To me, this is not about destroying something, only improving it and creating a better mousetrap. If the old order is no longer needed, then so be it, and let it fall away organically, but I am not out to kill anything.

It is a T-shirt and meant to grab attention.  The banks are not going anywhere and can't be killed.  A lot of people not very happy with banking system these past 10-20 years.   It is an inanimate object.

Actually I like Charles H's suggestion of "IPO in a box".  You read enough stuff on here and there are some gems.

I agree with you t-shirt statement 100%. The only goal for the shirt as far as I can see is to get random strangers that see us wearing it to google it and get interested. Lure them in with a strong bold statement. Fact is If they google bitshares, or any of the Dac's because of the shirt, then to me the shirt has done its job.

Like I said I will meet with my buddy tomorrow and kick out some ideas and upload a design. I will also get a price and time when they can be available. I will also ask him about differences in quality between the shirts we see on-line vs the ones he can make us. So we can get the best deal vs quality possible. Let me also be clear I will make these available at cost as I believe it befits the entire eco system to get the name out their.

P.S. I can't wait to wear one to the bank........ :P