Author Topic: Benefits of holding bitusd vs. USD  (Read 7185 times)

Offline bytemaster

You can trade against BitGold/Silver/Etc  in ForEx
You can hedge against BTS X volatility without creating taxable events or going through a centralized exchange.
You can pay merchants in BitUSD without having to use a service like BitPay to handle volatility risk.
You can support easier cross-chain-trading with market-pegged assets on both chains.
If you are also holding BXTS holding BitUSD helps support the price of BTSX by generating demand for BitUSD.

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
The answer is  - you have all the benefits of crypto currency with the price stability of a dollar.

Imagine your all your $ being BTC and at the same time whenever you decide you can change them back to USD 1:1;
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
- (should be) worth a USD with the advantages of the decetnralized cryptocurrencies ... (no seizure, 'laundering'?, clean (not drug dirty), 'no' change)

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
1) Can't be seized without your consent
2) Send to anyone in the world instantly
3) Private / anonymous
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
Can someone please remind me the benefits. I know there are a lot but I have forgot most of them by now...

I am pretty sure new investors will also want to find out.

Let's keep it simple...

etc...