Author Topic: Introduction and Question  (Read 2980 times)

Offline bitmont

• View Profile
Good to know so many stuff

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
BTSX is strictly for Bitshares X, which most agree is the signature DAC product. The only way to get in on BitShares X is to acquire some BTSX. Bter, BTC38, and Poloniex all offer it. PTS is good for all future DAC snapshots, and so far the only snapshot that has occurred has been Bitshares X (aside from some questionable third party items). As you probably know, there is an 8/21 snapshot for both the DNS and Vote DACs, plus others (such as Music and Play) should come soon also.

Offline dankeykang

• View Profile
    • Marie's Meows
Awesome, thanks for the replies! I'm so happy to be involved in this new technology. I currently own some Bitshares-PTS and Bitshares X.

My question now is, what will happen with this snapshot thing on 8/21? I dont really understand what will happen with my PTS, and how I will receive credit for holding them. Any detailed help is much appreciated!

you should have your PTS in a wallet on your personal computer for the snapshot on 8/21. When the 2 DACs (DNS and FollowMyVote) are released you will claim your shares in them with the private key from your personal PTS wallet
Sorry to bother you again, but my other question is about Bitshares X. Will I be able to use BitShares X to purchase DNS and FollowMyVote?

Or BTSX is used for something else?
Bitshares X account:  mwpeace

Please checkout my cat shelter, http://mariesmeows.wix.com/alliancerescues

Offline onceuponatime

Awesome, thanks for the replies! I'm so happy to be involved in this new technology. I currently own some Bitshares-PTS and Bitshares X.

My question now is, what will happen with this snapshot thing on 8/21? I dont really understand what will happen with my PTS, and how I will receive credit for holding them. Any detailed help is much appreciated!

you should have your PTS in a wallet on your personal computer for the snapshot on 8/21. When the 2 DACs (DNS and FollowMyVote) are released you will claim your shares in them with the private key from your personal PTS wallet
Thanks for the quick reply! I think I should probably start reading about DNS and FollowmyVote. Do you have any links for that info?

Also, is this going to be the only snapshot? Or will there be more snapshots for other DACS?

There will be more snapshots in the future.

See threads under "NAMESPACES"  and "VOTING"  for DNS and FollowmyVote.

Offline dankeykang

• View Profile
    • Marie's Meows

Thanks for the quick reply! I think I should probably start reading about DNS and FollowmyVote. Do you have any links for that info?

Also, is this going to be the only snapshot? Or will there be more snapshots for other DACS?

Offline dankeykang

• View Profile
    • Marie's Meows
Awesome thanks solaaire! I guess I better start reading up on DNS and FollowMyVote! Do you have any links?

Offline solaaire

• praise the sun!
    • View Profile

Offline dankeykang

• View Profile
    • Marie's Meows

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
On each date below, people who held PTS got a stake in the product as indicated.

Offline valtr

• View Profile
Hello, I am brand new to BitShares, but I have been active in BTC and other crypto since February of this year. I am really interested in Bitshares, but I just can't understand the difference between AGS, PTS, and BitShares X. I can see from my reading that the best way to get invested is to purchase BitShares X and use those shares to buy into DAC's.

But I don't really understand how AGS and PTS works? I know PTS can be bought and mined right now, but I don't really understand what you are getting by owning PTS. And AGS has me really confused. So my questions are outlined below.

1. What does owning PTS get you? And what makes PTS different from BitShares X?

2. How does AGS get me involved into BitShares, and is it to late to invest into AGS?

3. Why does BitShares X not have a Linux wallet?
1.The owner of PTS will get stake in all future DAC. BitSharesX will give you stake in this (bank,trading)branche only.
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=5.0
2. AGS donating period is over. Donating to AGS entitles you to proportional stake in all future DAC. AGS is not transferable.
The only way for newcomers is to buy PTS
3.By now you have to built Linux wallet yourself.
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=5750.0

Offline testz

Hello, I am brand new to BitShares, but I have been active in BTC and other crypto since February of this year. I am really interested in Bitshares, but I just can't understand the difference between AGS, PTS, and BitShares X. I can see from my reading that the best way to get invested is to purchase BitShares X and use those shares to buy into DAC's.

But I don't really understand how AGS and PTS works? I know PTS can be bought and mined right now, but I don't really understand what you are getting by owning PTS. And AGS has me really confused. So my questions are outlined below.

2. How does AGS get me involved into BitShares, and is it to late to invest into AGS?

Please start from here: http://wiki.bitshares.org
AGS donation is over.

Offline dankeykang

• View Profile
    • Marie's Meows