Author Topic: Marketing SWAT Team - please stick it at the top  (Read 3572 times)

Offline gamey

• View Profile
we could set up a newsletter or something like this.

The thing about reddit from my limited understanding is it is very time critical.  The idea is for people to be notified in real time so that they could upvote things soon after the post was created.  Ideally I'd write up a list of email -> txt gateways and people would give me that email address.  Then when we have a quality reddit post, we send the mailing list a short message which would fit in a txt/sms message on a phone.  Person taps link in txt message, goes to reddit post, reads it and upvotes !

There are 3 concerns.

1) Phone numbers give out identities basically, so it is questionable that people would wish to participate via phone txt (but they can use regular email)
2) Low participation regardless of #1.
3) Reddit does some sort of testing to see if the person isn't a "bot" or some such.  So it is possible that if we all go directly to the link the reddit server code would detect something wonky and our tactic ends up not being effective.

I'll probably end up doing this, but there is a ton of stuff going on right now.  I think waiting for btsx gui/market pegging to solidify and then we can start trying this stuff.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
we could set up a newsletter or something like this.

Offline gamey

• View Profile

We really need a reddit bump squad.  This means a list of email addresses that is sent when we have a nice reddit post.  The goal would be to have 10+ people upvote a link within the first 10 minutes.  The link would be in the email, real real short to fit in email->TXT/SMS gateways.

It requires giving away a lot of info for the list, so I've been hesitant to try and start it.  I don't even read reddit myself, but it is crucial for internet marketing.

For those who don't know, Reddit weighs an article significantly by the amount of upvotes it receives in the first ~10 minutes.  So for really high value articles it'd be useful to have such a list so we could stay prominent on the frontpage if everyone was willing to signin and upvote.

Or have a point system in place using beyondbitcoinx that rewards people for doing things like these through payments of listed delegates into the ecosystem?

The more steps you ask of people, the less likely it will be to succeed.  A simple email list that is sent out when we have a quality reddit post would be perfect. 

I don't even begin to know how you'd have a reward system that knew when people upvoted a thread on Reddit.  If you rely on honor system, then you can't really give away rewards worth much.   With a mailing list you put in a direct link to the thread and people can show up and read it a bit and upvote.  This will help keep the link on the frontpage of something like /r/bitcoin which has a lot of eyes.

Offline fuzzy

We really need a reddit bump squad.  This means a list of email addresses that is sent when we have a nice reddit post.  The goal would be to have 10+ people upvote a link within the first 10 minutes.  The link would be in the email, real real short to fit in email->TXT/SMS gateways.

It requires giving away a lot of info for the list, so I've been hesitant to try and start it.  I don't even read reddit myself, but it is crucial for internet marketing.

For those who don't know, Reddit weighs an article significantly by the amount of upvotes it receives in the first ~10 minutes.  So for really high value articles it'd be useful to have such a list so we could stay prominent on the frontpage if everyone was willing to signin and upvote.

Or have a point system in place using beyondbitcoinx that rewards people for doing things like these through payments of listed delegates into the ecosystem?
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso
gamey i only chose google docs because i did not know something similar, if you know something better just suggest it i will change it.

I didn't mean to imply there was anything wrong with that choice.  I was just reminding everyone how it'd be nice to have a reddit upvote squad. hrmmmm.

I smell a low cost marketing idea here and it smells good..........

Pay a few user's some btsx, perhaps some btsx that came from a I3 marketing fund or if they were unwilling get a small block of delegates who have all ready said the would donate a portion of their fees toward marketing........

Offline gamey

• View Profile
Well you have a list of emails with this google Doc, I'm willing to be on reddit bump team as I am a part of the Goggle Doc too

We could poll the people on this doc and see if they want ot join bump team too?

It is really simple to write a script to email a list of people in a google spreadsheet if you know javascript at all.  I'll write the script.  Part of the problem is that for it to work, it has to be kept private because I don't think everyone wants their  phone # or email address exposed.  So that means someone needs to administer it, because I think public spreadsheet will make people a little weary.

Offline soniq

• View Profile
Well you have a list of emails with this google Doc, I'm willing to be on reddit bump team as I am a part of the Goggle Doc too

We could poll the people on this doc and see if they want ot join bump team too?
Pr7V9GUm59dtKWXG6RJSymPsyCaCKWwNEj
Soniq on Bitcointalk -- Verified
Bitshares btsx:soniq

Offline gamey

• View Profile
gamey i only chose google docs because i did not know something similar, if you know something better just suggest it i will change it.

I didn't mean to imply there was anything wrong with that choice.  I was just reminding everyone how it'd be nice to have a reddit upvote squad. hrmmmm.

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
everyone who requested to use the document should now be able, if not please inform me.

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange

Offline gamey

• View Profile

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
merock is this **** placeholder??

Offline fuzzy

Please accept BeyondBitcoin@gmail.com
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

merockstar

Shentist, i*****y@gmail.com is me.

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso
Any way to see the doc without having to sign in for gmail?