Author Topic: Show from 8-8-2014  (Read 5169 times)

Offline gamey

• View Profile
Ok here is the episode from last Friday.  Remember we won't be having a show this Friday.  (Feel free to show up as the server will be there !) 

https://soundcloud.com/beyond-bitcoin-hangouts/hangout-8-8-2014-full-first-friday-episode

I haven't done annotations yet as there was editing that needed to be done first.

4:39      Weekly update starts. 
6:15      BitSilver, BitGOld ?
8:02      Public vs Private Keys, How they work.  Difference between registered names and unregistered contacts.
9:00      Extreme privacy and how it works Listener asks about a different namespace
10:15      Do genesis blocks move when imported ?
12:00      What do I do if the private key for my account is compromised ?
14:09      What is a wallet in BTSX terms ?
15:30      Do you create multi wallets or accounts ?  Can you create multiple wallets ?
16:00      If I did create multi-wallets, what are backup requirements ?
16:20      How do you create a paper wallet?
18:36      Brainkeys ?
20:32      What about using Bitshares-X interface to view and login to sites ?
22:30      Lets talk about these robot icons !
27:20      Has DNS DAC become keyhotee now ?
29:30      Horrible clicks – FIX -TODO What does cross chain trading look like ?
34:40      What will cross-chain trading look like ?
38:05      What are the needs of overstock?  Outline Overstock proposal, Talk of certified accounts
41:45      Is it known what overstock wants to do ?
45:20      Is there a technical problem with implementing the paying of workers who are separate from delegates ?
46:45      Back to Cross Chain trading – How difficult will it be to implement the feature?  Do both chains need to implement the feature ?
47:18      A user issued IOU for Bitcoin.  Dan talks about robots which transfer assets while minimizing the level of trust needed.
???      What are issues with cross chain trading ?  Is the “robot” system seen as primary way to move capital from third party DACs.
      Problems with BTC cross chaining trading.
58.27      What is the difference in pricing between a user issued asset and a BitAsset ?
58:30?50      What are the requirements for a BitAsset ?
56:38      What are the purposes of IOU Bitcoins.
59.54      What are the high level rules of the BTSX market?
1:02:17      Market Mechanics, Rules to prevent market manipulation, and bootstrapping the system
1:11:40 ?      Is it possible to have collateral bigger than the min ?
1:06:40      How do the price feeds work ?  Thoughts about units of things like bitOil.
1:13:47      Is there a limit cover and not market cover ?
1:12:07      What happens if there are no valid feeds ?  What could be the source of feeds ?
1:14:30      How did Dan get into Bitcoin and Bitshares ?
1:17:32      Have you removed double sided positions ?   When you buy and short, does it autocover ?
1:17:54      When will we see BitCNY
1:18:35      Fuz talks about plans for beyondbitcoinx.net
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 10:28:54 am by gamey »
I speak for myself and only myself.