Author Topic: Delegate upgrade question  (Read 1827 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
BTW: missing a block is not as bad as producing two different blocks with the same delegate because you have two wallets open at the same time!!

Offline emski

• View Profile
    • http://lnkd.in/nPbhxG
You need to make sure only one instance has blocks production turned on.
When you are ready with the next version open it and wait for it to establish network connections and synchronize the blockchain (make sure block production is not enabled).
Then see that you have sufficient time until your slot and shutdown the old instance and enable block production in the new one.

You are saying I need to install at two machines? and when upgrading switch back and forth between the two?
no. Instance means client Instance. Not another machine.

Offline kokojie

• View Profile
I do it like this:

1. Open a new terminal
2. Git clone latest version to new folder bitsharesx_v0.x.x
3. git checkout 0.x.x + submodule init+update + cmake . + make bitshares_client
4. Once compilation is done, return to still running instance of the client and do "getinfo"
5. Pick a time when there's 10+ minutes till my next block production time, then:
6. Shut down old client, start new client
7. wallet_open + wallet_unlock
8. Do getinfo to verify block_production is enabled

Cool, thanks.

Offline svk

I do it like this:

1. Open a new terminal
2. Git clone latest version to new folder bitsharesx_v0.x.x
3. git checkout 0.x.x + submodule init+update + cmake . + make bitshares_client
4. Once compilation is done, return to still running instance of the client and do "getinfo"
5. Pick a time when there's 10+ minutes till my next block production time, then:
6. Shut down old client, start new client
7. wallet_open + wallet_unlock
8. Do getinfo to verify block_production is enabled
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline kokojie

• View Profile
When you are ready with the next version open it and wait for it to establish network connections and synchronize the blockchain (make sure block production is not enabled).
Then see that you have sufficient time until your slot and shutdown the old instance and enable block production in the new one.

You are saying I need to install at two machines? and when upgrading switch back and forth between the two?

Offline emski

• View Profile
    • http://lnkd.in/nPbhxG

Offline kokojie

• View Profile
When I upgrade to new version of the client as a delegate, do I have to first turn off block production? when block production is turned off, then I don't miss blocks right?