Author Topic: Delegates and seed nodes, upgrade your client version to 0.4.2  (Read 6221 times)

Offline DACSunlimited

• View Profile
Is 0.4.3 source code ready for us to upgrade our delegates?

Yes.

There is a bug in 0.4.3, each delegate want to upgrade please wait for the next version 0.4.4

Offline DACSunlimited

• View Profile

Offline Riverhead

Is 0.4.3 source code ready for us to upgrade our delegates?
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 11:47:58 pm by Riverhead »

Offline DACSunlimited

• View Profile

You are saying only people who have these skills/tools are allowed to be delegates?  I know there are more than just myself who are current delegates that probably need the GUI.

If this is a requirement, please vote me out. I would prefer that route rather than to start missing blocks because I am late to the game. Plus I could kill my VPS sooner.

Thanks!

I'm OK with anyone voted in being delegate. However it depends on dacsunlimited to provide gui or binary before the fork. Maybe they should respond.

respond: 0.4.3 with binary is coming in next few hours

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
« Last Edit: July 31, 2019, 08:46:42 am by xeroc »

Offline spartako

• View Profile
spartako,spartako1,spartako2 active delegates successfully upgraded to 0.4.2
wallet_account_set_approval spartako

Offline vikram

Delegates do NOT publish price feeds until confident all delegates and users are upgraded. Publish price feed operation will officially hardfork the chain and freeze old clients. We recommended all delegates wait until latest XTS testnet is thoroughly tested to *your* satisfaction before publishing price feed.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 05:28:45 pm by bytemaster »

Offline vikram

For those of us without the tools/skills to compile?

This is a version only for delegates, exchanges, and seed nodes. GUI version will be provided later.

You are saying only people who have these skills/tools are allowed to be delegates?  I know there are more than just myself who are current delegates that probably need the GUI.

If this is a requirement, please vote me out. I would prefer that route rather than to start missing blocks because I am late to the game. Plus I could kill my VPS sooner.

Thanks!

We do not recommend running delegates with the GUI. You are free to do so of course, but we do not test or provide support for this.

Offline emski

• View Profile
    • http://lnkd.in/nPbhxG

Thanks!

I'm OK with anyone voted in being delegate. However it depends on dacsunlimited to provide gui or binary before the fork. Maybe they should respond.

Ggozzo

This is a version only for delegates, exchanges, and seed nodes. GUI version will be provided later.

Thanks!

Offline maqifrnswa

• View Profile

If you have ubuntu, I have a PPA set up. See my signature. of course, unofficial but the sources are all available on the link my sig for inspection by anyone.
maintains an Ubuntu PPA: https://launchpad.net/~showard314/+archive/ubuntu/bitshares [15% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval maqifrnswa true [50% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval delegate1.maqifrnswa true

Offline crazybit

my delegate client has been upgrade to 0.4.2, seems more memory resource is required for the new version client, is it expected?

Offline emski

• View Profile
    • http://lnkd.in/nPbhxG

Ggozzo