Author Topic: Bitsapphire taking over forum maintenance and development  (Read 45017 times)

Offline Musewhale

• 丑,实在是太丑了 !
    • View Profile
Bitsharestalk.org is now under Bitsapphire ownership and management. Our team is excited to be part of this emerging industry!

Amazon, the original creator and manager of the forum, had other day to day activities to look after. He decided that a professional full time team needed to get behind the forum and that the community needed long term plans.

Until the end of the year these are our plans for the forum:
  • Switch the forum over to Discourse once the android/iphone app matures. (See example community). This won’t happen until we find a good solution for the taptalk android users in the forum.
  • Find a better solution for communication between the Chinese and American community on the forum (for the first time this month we got more visits from China than the US). Miscommunication is rampant
  • Start a social media and inbound marketing campaign for the community.
  • Backup server in case it goes down.
  • Start penetration testing for the forum.
  • Switch the forum to a different cloud platform (AWS or Google), with better performance
  • Setup social media accounts and create a social media strategy
  • Setup a weekly curated newsletter for forum subscribers. Many readers simply don’t have the time to follow every important discussion.
  • Setup delegates which donates funds to the forum upkeep (to phase out any funds coming from the community)

SEO optimizations on our todo list:
  • Google analytics
  • Google Webmaster Tools
  • Meta Data Inclusion - Meta description creates interest and click through from social media and search
  • Bot Accessibility - Bot-readable URLs need to be mapped to their respective existing forum pages
Frankly, the forum software is almost a decade behind in terms of what web technologies can do now. Our original plan was to slowly change the design of the forum to get everybody accustomed with the new interface and then switch the forum software to Discourse, but that is now off the table. The software is simply too old. Fortunately there are good open source solutions exist.

Please follow us on our new official social media profiles:
Twitter
Facebook
Google+

We intend to keep Bitsharestalk free of ads forever. Please vote for our delegates to support the forum and our greater goal of creating Bitshares web applications! Full blogpost of our Bitshares web application plans coming soon!

Please let us know what you would like to change in terms of forum management and online marketing efforts.

Can you switch us over to NodeBB now..? Archive this old forum. Implement realtime chat using Bitshares public/private encrypted messaging, embed the meetup.com api, dump telegram/skype/mumble/slack/etc, use embedded Hangouts, use our voting system for dedicated moderators, add a voip page for dedicated tech support Workers (streamium hack?), integrate mailchimp for monthly newsletter, have a customizable mall where businesses can advertise their Bitshares related products and services, and so much more we could host right here and demonstrate the power of Bitshares' features and community!

It's no wonder Bitshares is hard to digest, our community is scattered all over the place. Let's show off a little bit and up our Customer Service tenfold! Got game?

Maybe these are some good ideas..?
  • Upgrade forum to NodeBB and archive the old one.
  • Implement realtime chat using Bitshares public/private encrypted messaging
  • embed the meetup.com api
  • dump telegram/skype/mumble/slack/etc
  • use embedded Hangouts
  • use our voting system for dedicated moderators
  • add a voip page for dedicated tech support Workers (streamium hack?)
  • integrate mailchimp for monthly newsletter
  • have a customizable mall where businesses can advertise their Bitshares related products and services
  • ...and so much more we could host right here and demonstrate the power of Bitshares' features and community

good idea +5% +5% +5%
MUSE witness:mygoodfriend     vote for me

Offline gamey

• View Profile
What happened to the intention of switching this forum software over to discourse?
What are the stumble stones? Maybe both versions could be run parallel, for a while?

I have been thinking about the possible advantages these days,
and today I searched for a related thread here … Let's roll more!

One thing we already need to add to this one is a possibility to like or heart or just acknowledge reading any post .

We also should better highlight the most interesting and informative topics - having some catchy headlines to entice further exploration

Some people are for it. I'm usually not but I never get good explanation at why discourse etc are an improvement.  I do think this site is stagnant and probably not serving as much of the purpose it should. If someone wants to start up a parallel site I can't think of a reason to complain. 

"Curation" usually means the censoring of unagreeable opinions. Thats often what the upvote etc stuff does.  I'm not a fan. I prefer older communities and a mod that is low on the censoring for anything but spam and really personal things.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline .

• View Profile
What happened to the intention of switching this forum software over to discourse?
What are the stumble stones? Maybe both versions could be run parallel, for a while?

I have been thinking about the possible advantages these days,
and today I searched for a related thread here … Let's roll more!

One thing we already need to add to this one is a possibility to like or heart or just acknowledge reading any post .

We also should better highlight the most interesting and informative topics - having some catchy headlines to entice further exploration

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Bitsharestalk.org is now under Bitsapphire ownership and management. Our team is excited to be part of this emerging industry!

Amazon, the original creator and manager of the forum, had other day to day activities to look after. He decided that a professional full time team needed to get behind the forum and that the community needed long term plans.

• Switch the forum over to Discourse once the android/iphone app matures. (See example community). This won’t happen until we find a good solution for the taptalk android users in the forum.
  • Find a better solution for communication between the Chinese and American community on the forum (for the first time this month we got more visits from China than the US). Miscommunication is rampant
  • Switch the forum to a different cloud platform (AWS or Google), with better performance
  • Setup a weekly curated newsletter for forum subscribers. Many readers simply don’t have the time to follow every important discussion.
  • Setup delegates which donates funds to the forum upkeep (to phase out any funds coming from the community)

• Google analytics
  • Google Webmaster Tools
  • Meta Data Inclusion - Meta description creates interest and click through from social media and search
  • Bot Accessibility - Bot-readable URLs need to be mapped to their respective existing forum pages
Frankly, the forum software is almost a decade behind in terms of what web technologies can do now. Our original plan was to slowly change the design of the forum to get everybody accustomed with the new interface and then switch the forum software to Discourse, but that is now off the table. The software is simply too old. Fortunately there are good open source solutions exist.

Twitter
Facebook
Google+

We intend to keep Bitsharestalk free of ads forever. Please vote for our delegates to support the forum and our greater goal of creating Bitshares web applications! Full blogpost of our Bitshares web application plans coming soon!

Please let us know what you would like to change in terms of forum management and online marketing efforts.

Can you switch us over to NodeBB now..? Archive this old forum. Implement realtime chat using Bitshares public/private encrypted messaging, embed the meetup.com api, dump telegram/skype/mumble/slack/etc, use embedded Hangouts, use our voting system for dedicated moderators, add a voip page for dedicated tech support Workers (streamium hack?), integrate mailchimp for monthly newsletter, have a customizable mall where businesses can advertise their Bitshares related products and services, and so much more we could host right here and demonstrate the power of Bitshares' features and community!

It's no wonder Bitshares is hard to digest, our community is scattered all over the place. Let's show off a little bit and up our Customer Service tenfold! Got game?

• use embedded Hangouts
  • have a customizable mall where businesses can advertise their Bitshares related products and services
  • ...and so much more we could host right here and demonstrate the power of Bitshares' features and community
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline gamey

• View Profile
At one point they were trying to make 2 types of forum and have some process synch the database.  It seemed like a fool's errand, started by someone who hadn't had that much software dev experience.  I think they got the experience and gave up on it.

Better community software is great, but all that time would be better off improving the core product. I've argued against changing the forum software, or at least asked for a proper justification and not just because some young guy thinks everything new is better by default. 

Kencode, I believe it was you that gave some reasons to switch the forum software. If you want progress on that front, I'd suggest you just narrow your suggestions to changing out the forum software. Once that is done, then do something else.  Has Bitsapphire released any projects yet ? They make swank mockups but that isn't the same as deliverables. You can be good at one and not the other. Who would do all this work and who would pay for it?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 10:13:12 pm by gamey »
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise

• Google analytics
  • Google Webmaster Tools

Twitter
Facebook
Google+

• use embedded Hangouts
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise

• Google analytics
  • Google Webmaster Tools

Twitter
Facebook
Google+

« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 01:10:01 pm by kenCode »
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline carpet ride

• View Profile
Any updates or data to present on this project?
All opinions are my own. Anything said on this forum does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation between myself and anyone else.
Check out my blog: http://CertainAssets.com
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
If they haven't asked us for help yet it means they aren't very far.

As soon as we make a basic bitcoin compatibility API (next week?) someone can clone https://coinpunk.com/

Their CSS and view-port handling needs work... the site looks like shit on my phone.

yup agreed …
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline hpenvy

• View Profile
If they haven't asked us for help yet it means they aren't very far.

As soon as we make a basic bitcoin compatibility API (next week?) someone can clone https://coinpunk.com/

Toast, could you speak more about this development? An important step that might have gotten lost in the mix of all the different projects underway.
=============
btsx address: hpenvy
Tips appreciated for good work

Offline bitsapphire

The course of the wallet has changed some after the recent bitshares project merger announcement.

Sorry but this sounds very vague. What do you mean by that ? Are you still working on it ?

Furthermore the peertracks feedback has helped us a lot to pick a better financing model.

Who is "us" ? bitsapphire team ? Or you talking about Music ? Care to give more details ?
I know that you are currently working with the Music team. Can you talk about the progress on this ? Are you currently working on the front end future of Peertrack ?

The wallet will become more modular and will be rather a toolkit to build any frontend for any grid-viewable data (almost anything in DACs really). It will also be daemon driven similar to how Dropbox integrates in terms of UX. This means more work for us but a lot more interesting.

The mobile wallet will most likely come out before the desktop wallet. Most likely before we finish the Peertracks MVP.

I can't disclose anything about Bitshares Music / Peertracks at the moment (NDA) but Cob is on the forum and pretty open about things.
Register and get your personal Moonstone Wallet Beta here: https://moonstone.io/login-register.html