Author Topic: Bitsapphire taking over forum maintenance and development  (Read 49907 times)

Offline Musewhale

• 丑,实在是太丑了 !
    • View Profile
Bitsharestalk.org is now under Bitsapphire ownership and management. Our team is excited to be part of this emerging industry!

Amazon, the original creator and manager of the forum, had other day to day activities to look after. He decided that a professional full time team needed to get behind the forum and that the community needed long term plans.

Until the end of the year these are our plans for the forum:
  • Switch the forum over to Discourse once the android/iphone app matures. (See example community). This won’t happen until we find a good solution for the taptalk android users in the forum.
  • Find a better solution for communication between the Chinese and American community on the forum (for the first time this month we got more visits from China than the US). Miscommunication is rampant
  • Start a social media and inbound marketing campaign for the community.
  • Backup server in case it goes down.
  • Start penetration testing for the forum.
  • Switch the forum to a different cloud platform (AWS or Google), with better performance
  • Setup social media accounts and create a social media strategy
  • Setup a weekly curated newsletter for forum subscribers. Many readers simply don’t have the time to follow every important discussion.
  • Setup delegates which donates funds to the forum upkeep (to phase out any funds coming from the community)

SEO optimizations on our todo list:
  • Google analytics
  • Google Webmaster Tools
  • Meta Data Inclusion - Meta description creates interest and click through from social media and search
  • Bot Accessibility - Bot-readable URLs need to be mapped to their respective existing forum pages
Frankly, the forum software is almost a decade behind in terms of what web technologies can do now. Our original plan was to slowly change the design of the forum to get everybody accustomed with the new interface and then switch the forum software to Discourse, but that is now off the table. The software is simply too old. Fortunately there are good open source solutions exist.

Please follow us on our new official social media profiles:
Twitter
Facebook
Google+

We intend to keep Bitsharestalk free of ads forever. Please vote for our delegates to support the forum and our greater goal of creating Bitshares web applications! Full blogpost of our Bitshares web application plans coming soon!

Please let us know what you would like to change in terms of forum management and online marketing efforts.

Can you switch us over to NodeBB now..? Archive this old forum. Implement realtime chat using Bitshares public/private encrypted messaging, embed the meetup.com api, dump telegram/skype/mumble/slack/etc, use embedded Hangouts, use our voting system for dedicated moderators, add a voip page for dedicated tech support Workers (streamium hack?), integrate mailchimp for monthly newsletter, have a customizable mall where businesses can advertise their Bitshares related products and services, and so much more we could host right here and demonstrate the power of Bitshares' features and community!

It's no wonder Bitshares is hard to digest, our community is scattered all over the place. Let's show off a little bit and up our Customer Service tenfold! Got game?

Maybe these are some good ideas..?
  • Upgrade forum to NodeBB and archive the old one.
  • Implement realtime chat using Bitshares public/private encrypted messaging
  • embed the meetup.com api
  • dump telegram/skype/mumble/slack/etc
  • use embedded Hangouts
  • use our voting system for dedicated moderators
  • add a voip page for dedicated tech support Workers (streamium hack?)
  • integrate mailchimp for monthly newsletter
  • have a customizable mall where businesses can advertise their Bitshares related products and services
  • ...and so much more we could host right here and demonstrate the power of Bitshares' features and community

good idea +5% +5% +5%
MUSE witness:mygoodfriend     vote for me

Offline gamey

• View Profile
What happened to the intention of switching this forum software over to discourse?
What are the stumble stones? Maybe both versions could be run parallel, for a while?

I have been thinking about the possible advantages these days,
and today I searched for a related thread here … Let's roll more!

One thing we already need to add to this one is a possibility to like or heart or just acknowledge reading any post .

We also should better highlight the most interesting and informative topics - having some catchy headlines to entice further exploration

Some people are for it. I'm usually not but I never get good explanation at why discourse etc are an improvement.  I do think this site is stagnant and probably not serving as much of the purpose it should. If someone wants to start up a parallel site I can't think of a reason to complain. 

"Curation" usually means the censoring of unagreeable opinions. Thats often what the upvote etc stuff does.  I'm not a fan. I prefer older communities and a mod that is low on the censoring for anything but spam and really personal things.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline .

• View Profile
What happened to the intention of switching this forum software over to discourse?
What are the stumble stones? Maybe both versions could be run parallel, for a while?

I have been thinking about the possible advantages these days,
and today I searched for a related thread here … Let's roll more!

One thing we already need to add to this one is a possibility to like or heart or just acknowledge reading any post .

We also should better highlight the most interesting and informative topics - having some catchy headlines to entice further exploration

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Bitsharestalk.org is now under Bitsapphire ownership and management. Our team is excited to be part of this emerging industry!

Amazon, the original creator and manager of the forum, had other day to day activities to look after. He decided that a professional full time team needed to get behind the forum and that the community needed long term plans.

• Switch the forum over to Discourse once the android/iphone app matures. (See example community). This won’t happen until we find a good solution for the taptalk android users in the forum.
  • Find a better solution for communication between the Chinese and American community on the forum (for the first time this month we got more visits from China than the US). Miscommunication is rampant
  • Switch the forum to a different cloud platform (AWS or Google), with better performance
  • Setup a weekly curated newsletter for forum subscribers. Many readers simply don’t have the time to follow every important discussion.
  • Setup delegates which donates funds to the forum upkeep (to phase out any funds coming from the community)

• Google analytics
  • Google Webmaster Tools
  • Meta Data Inclusion - Meta description creates interest and click through from social media and search
  • Bot Accessibility - Bot-readable URLs need to be mapped to their respective existing forum pages
Frankly, the forum software is almost a decade behind in terms of what web technologies can do now. Our original plan was to slowly change the design of the forum to get everybody accustomed with the new interface and then switch the forum software to Discourse, but that is now off the table. The software is simply too old. Fortunately there are good open source solutions exist.

Twitter
Facebook
Google+

We intend to keep Bitsharestalk free of ads forever. Please vote for our delegates to support the forum and our greater goal of creating Bitshares web applications! Full blogpost of our Bitshares web application plans coming soon!

Please let us know what you would like to change in terms of forum management and online marketing efforts.

Can you switch us over to NodeBB now..? Archive this old forum. Implement realtime chat using Bitshares public/private encrypted messaging, embed the meetup.com api, dump telegram/skype/mumble/slack/etc, use embedded Hangouts, use our voting system for dedicated moderators, add a voip page for dedicated tech support Workers (streamium hack?), integrate mailchimp for monthly newsletter, have a customizable mall where businesses can advertise their Bitshares related products and services, and so much more we could host right here and demonstrate the power of Bitshares' features and community!

It's no wonder Bitshares is hard to digest, our community is scattered all over the place. Let's show off a little bit and up our Customer Service tenfold! Got game?

• use embedded Hangouts
  • have a customizable mall where businesses can advertise their Bitshares related products and services
  • ...and so much more we could host right here and demonstrate the power of Bitshares' features and community
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline gamey

• View Profile
At one point they were trying to make 2 types of forum and have some process synch the database.  It seemed like a fool's errand, started by someone who hadn't had that much software dev experience.  I think they got the experience and gave up on it.

Better community software is great, but all that time would be better off improving the core product. I've argued against changing the forum software, or at least asked for a proper justification and not just because some young guy thinks everything new is better by default. 

Kencode, I believe it was you that gave some reasons to switch the forum software. If you want progress on that front, I'd suggest you just narrow your suggestions to changing out the forum software. Once that is done, then do something else.  Has Bitsapphire released any projects yet ? They make swank mockups but that isn't the same as deliverables. You can be good at one and not the other. Who would do all this work and who would pay for it?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 10:13:12 pm by gamey »

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise

• Google analytics
  • Google Webmaster Tools

Twitter
Facebook
Google+

• use embedded Hangouts
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise

• Google analytics
  • Google Webmaster Tools

Twitter
Facebook
Google+

« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 01:10:01 pm by kenCode »
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline carpet ride

• View Profile
Any updates or data to present on this project?
All opinions are my own. Anything said on this forum does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation between myself and anyone else.
Check out my blog: http://CertainAssets.com
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
If they haven't asked us for help yet it means they aren't very far.

As soon as we make a basic bitcoin compatibility API (next week?) someone can clone https://coinpunk.com/

Their CSS and view-port handling needs work... the site looks like shit on my phone.

yup agreed …
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline hpenvy

• View Profile

As soon as we make a basic bitcoin compatibility API (next week?) someone can clone https://coinpunk.com/

Toast, could you speak more about this development? An important step that might have gotten lost in the mix of all the different projects underway.
=============
btsx address: hpenvy
Tips appreciated for good work

Offline bitsapphire

The course of the wallet has changed some after the recent bitshares project merger announcement.

Sorry but this sounds very vague. What do you mean by that ? Are you still working on it ?

Furthermore the peertracks feedback has helped us a lot to pick a better financing model.

Who is "us" ? bitsapphire team ? Or you talking about Music ? Care to give more details ?
I know that you are currently working with the Music team. Can you talk about the progress on this ? Are you currently working on the front end future of Peertrack ?

The wallet will become more modular and will be rather a toolkit to build any frontend for any grid-viewable data (almost anything in DACs really). It will also be daemon driven similar to how Dropbox integrates in terms of UX. This means more work for us but a lot more interesting.

The mobile wallet will most likely come out before the desktop wallet. Most likely before we finish the Peertracks MVP.

I can't disclose anything about Bitshares Music / Peertracks at the moment (NDA) but Cob is on the forum and pretty open about things.
Register and get your personal Moonstone Wallet Beta here: https://moonstone.io/login-register.html

Offline oco101

• View Profile
The course of the wallet has changed some after the recent bitshares project merger announcement.

Sorry but this sounds very vague. What do you mean by that ? Are you still working on it ?

Furthermore the peertracks feedback has helped us a lot to pick a better financing model.

Who is "us" ? bitsapphire team ? Or you talking about Music ? Care to give more details ?
I know that you are currently working with the Music team. Can you talk about the progress on this ? Are you currently working on the front end future of Peertrack ?

Offline hpenvy

• View Profile
The course of the wallet has changed some after the recent bitshares project merger announcement. Furthermore the peertracks feedback has helped us a lot to pick a better financing model.

Regarding the forum itself, we're working on a lot of stuff. Spam has already gone down considerably due to some SEO measures we have taken. Furthermore we just moved the forum to a dedicated server without any downtime and have successfully fended off 2 small DDOS attacks since we took over. Putting together a report which contains data from the last 2-3 months.

Did you hear the recent mumble session with Dan? If so, what are your thoughts moving the forum to a model closer to Bitcointalk?
=============

Offline bitsapphire

The course of the wallet has changed some after the recent bitshares project merger announcement. Furthermore the peertracks feedback has helped us a lot to pick a better financing model.

Regarding the forum itself, we're working on a lot of stuff. Spam has already gone down considerably due to some SEO measures we have taken. Furthermore we just moved the forum to a dedicated server without any downtime and have successfully fended off 2 small DDOS attacks since we took over. Putting together a report which contains data from the last 2-3 months.
Register and get your personal Moonstone Wallet Beta here: https://moonstone.io/login-register.html

Offline hpenvy

• View Profile

WOW WOW WOW WOW... this is exactly the news I was hoping to hear!
=============

Offline fluxer555

• View Profile

Their CSS and view-port handling needs work... the site looks like shit on my phone.

Offline gamey

• View Profile

Hallelujah !

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai

Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
If Bitsapphire is working on the mobile BTS wallet and PeerTracks, then it doesn't bother me if this forum stays in the Stone Age.

What if they do not work on the BTS mobile wallet?

They gave some indication that they were doing so. But as always, if someone is not meeting your expectations after a fair period of time, then feel fee to vote against their delegate.

zerosum

If Bitsapphire is working on the mobile BTS wallet and PeerTracks, then it doesn't bother me if this forum stays in the Stone Age.

What if they do not work on the BTS mobile wallet?

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

lzr1900

lzr1900

What now??
I didn't see any changes in this two months.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 08:48:45 am by lzr1900 »

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
What feed is used for the BTSX price on this forum? For the last couple of days, it seem to always overstate the current market price.

i thought it understated ))) i.e. right now on coinmarketcap it shows 10 satoshi more

I know it is not the most important quote in the world... It just makes me jump and check all my/order prices every time I post on the forum... It can well be just me though...

Coinmarketcap.com is generally slow with its adjustments, btw. I thought you use one or more exchanges, as feed. My bad.

Pbviously i dont use CMC for exact price check! That would be a bit silly.... i use it for general purpose only. I just presumed that this is where the forum takes its quote.
I do not use it either I just wanted to know which  source it is coming from. I also thought (obviously incorrectly) that the feed price in the BTSX system would be the easiest to use.. But generally I now think you are right - it is some slow updating price quote aggregator service.
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline serejandmyself

• View Profile
What feed is used for the BTSX price on this forum? For the last couple of days, it seem to always overstate the current market price.

i thought it understated ))) i.e. right now on coinmarketcap it shows 10 satoshi more

I know it is not the most important quote in the world... It just makes me jump and check all my/order prices every time I post on the forum... It can well be just me though...

Coinmarketcap.com is generally slow with its adjustments, btw. I thought you use one or more exchanges, as feed. My bad.

Pbviously i dont use CMC for exact price check! That would be a bit silly.... i use it for general purpose only. I just presumed that this is where the forum takes its quote.
btsx - bitsharesrussia

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 08:16:44 pm by tonyk »

Offline serejandmyself

• View Profile

btsx - bitsharesrussia

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

Offline testz

I am not pushing, because I have no issues with SMF.

I'm very happy with current forum software, color theme, fonts and font sizes, layout, Tapatalk, etc. Will be good idea if we will make some kind of beta test before moving to new forum software.

I don't think there are many users who dislike the current forum.  My main thing is that I am considering restarting the bounty for SMF/btsx login now that I am more or less done with Genesis block for DNS DAC (god save me).  If I write plugin I can install it on my own forum, but if this forum changes that leaves only bitcointalk and I have 0 clue whether theymos would be open to the idea.  So I'm trying to gauge where this site is headed softwarewise.  Although I'd be paid the bounty regardless assuming BM still wants it done, I do my best to have my work be synergistic and I'm not sure there is much value in me having it only on my own minor forum.

Definitely after BitShares DNS will be released we should make plugin to our forum and show to everybody how DNS DAC can be used.

Offline gamey

• View Profile

I'm very happy with current forum software, color theme, fonts and font sizes, layout, Tapatalk, etc. Will be good idea if we will make some kind of beta test before moving to new forum software.

I don't think there are many users who dislike the current forum.  My main thing is that I am considering restarting the bounty for SMF/btsx login now that I am more or less done with Genesis block for DNS DAC (god save me).  If I write plugin I can install it on my own forum, but if this forum changes that leaves only bitcointalk and I have 0 clue whether theymos would be open to the idea.  So I'm trying to gauge where this site is headed softwarewise.  Although I'd be paid the bounty regardless assuming BM still wants it done, I do my best to have my work be synergistic and I'm not sure there is much value in me having it only on my own minor forum. 

Offline testz

Offline gamey

• View Profile

However, I am curious what is the earliest date we can expect new forum software?  Is this still in the works?  Postponed indefinitely?

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
If you want to change forums, I will donate enough BitShares for a vbulletin forum software it is the best, as used by the top forum operators in the world found here, http://www.thebiggestboards.com/ .  (There use to be www.big-boards.com which had a better useface but for some reason it disappeared.)

If you look at http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/ it is the cleanest and best looking.

I would prefer that a group of us donated to buying the vbulletin, as it builds community among serious members/users.

I was wrong, this is good.

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
If you want to change forums, I will donate enough BitShares for a vbulletin forum software it is the best, as used by the top forum operators in the world found here, http://www.thebiggestboards.com/ .  (There use to be www.big-boards.com which had a better useface but for some reason it disappeared.)

If you look at http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/ it is the cleanest and best looking.

I would prefer that a group of us donated to buying the vbulletin, as it builds community among serious members/users.

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
ON this forum, it would be better for communication among users and the development of a community for "My Messages" at the top to display a (1) or (2) beside it if there are 1 or 2 unread messages.

Offline bitsapphire

BTSX price ticker added.

current price 0.00 BTC? I assume not enough decimals places to display it? wouldn't in USD be more appropriate anyway?

That would need a double conversion and can lead to huge real price differences. We have implemented for http://dotp2p.io/ a similar USD conversion script. Double conversion works well with PTS because decimal points aren't that important. BTSX is too decimal dependent at this point.

We'll look into the FF and IE AJAX issues tomorrow.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 09:14:04 pm by bitsapphire »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
BTSX price ticker added.

current price 0.00 BTC? I assume not enough decimals places to display it? wouldn't in USD be more appropriate anyway?
+5%

Offline cygnify

• View Profile
BTSX price ticker added.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
BTSX price ticker added.
says:

Current BTSX Buy Price : 0.00 BTC

maybe add some more precision .. although we won't need them if this goes on ...

Offline bitsapphire

BTSX price ticker added.

Edit: We took it down again. Firefox and IE had issues with our AJAX.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 09:02:47 pm by bitsapphire »

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
I would suggest not to make any big changes on the forum right now! Only "tweaks"...
Maybe a couple of months later when we have many  more members due  the success we are witnessing...
Then we would have a better feeling what the majority expects from this forum.

Offline Overthetop

个人微博账号: Overthetop_万里晴空
“块链创新与创业”交流群: 330378613

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Please help. I cannot even figure out how to post here.
I've been in the Bitcoin world since 2011 so I'm not really a "nooby".
Stan has been trying to help me but I cannot figure out how to claim my BTSX.

Desperately need help.
please email to:
jcbarrett2003@yahoo.com

Just need some tech help and willing to pay in BTC but no I'm not a Bitcoin millionaire - or even close to it.

Thanks,
Eastside
Just open up a new thread in the support section/subforum and you will receive help.
In here your request is offtopic.

... or you send a pm to me but i usually prefer to gice support publicly

bitbro

+5% to Discourse and beyond!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
When we talk about Amazon .. it' not Amazon AWS - it's a well known forum member/administrator and creator of bitsharestalk.org forum & and a good friend of course :)

check this here

hope this helps to clarify  :)

█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline wesphily

• View Profile

Yep, Godaddy is horrible.  I use them for a few domains, but standard .com/.net/.org I now use namesilo which is much better.  Free privacy and you're not going to get a call by some Godaddy buffoon trying an upsell every 6 months. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Godaddy didn't decide to make a policy to not transfer private domains just so people couldn't maintain their anonymity and leave Godaddy.  Just as a way to forcing people to stay with them.  They really are that horrible.

Those sound like minor inconveniences. Not something I would cause downtime for. If the transfer was for nothing more than preference then that is fine. I was just curious if there were any real advantages of amazon.

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
Go DNS go!!! I don't want to purchase a .com domain name ever ever again... It was my first time and I ended up to pay double the price just to hide my ID from Whois...I didn't even know that people's ID is so exposed when they buy a domain name...

Offline gamey

• View Profile

Yep, Godaddy is horrible.  I use them for a few domains, but standard .com/.net/.org I now use namesilo which is much better.  Free privacy and you're not going to get a call by some Godaddy buffoon trying an upsell every 6 months. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Godaddy didn't decide to make a policy to not transfer private domains just so people couldn't maintain their anonymity and leave Godaddy.  Just as a way to forcing people to stay with them.  They really are that horrible.

Offline wesphily

• View Profile
Could have increased the TTL so that it the old dns stayed alive until the transfer was complete. (for future reference)

Transfer took place a month ago, godaddy just decided to reject it.   If anything this reflects a poor decision to use godaddy.

Ouch. I have never ran into that before. Of course, I've never transferred from GoDaddy to Amazon. Was there a technical/financial reason for this? I only ask cause the company I work for manages clients at a national level that use GoDaddy.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
bitshares-delegates.com
bitshares-delegates.net
bitshares-delegates.org
Ui .. these are nice .. just dont have the time to do sth usefull with them :(

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
never use godady again... i have some domain names which i have registered with godady and I just want to get rid of them because i don't want to have anything with godady anymore...

I will probably accept any offer (preferably BTSX) from anyone who has a good reputation here and will make good use of them.

bitshares-delegates.com

bitshares-delegates.net

bitshares-delegates.org

dacs-delegates.com

dacs-delegates.net

dacs-delegates.org

dacs-list.com

dacs-list.org

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
Thx Taulant for your fast support etc. on issue since yesterday  +5%

Offline bytemaster

Could have increased the TTL so that it the old dns stayed alive until the transfer was complete. (for future reference)

Transfer took place a month ago, godaddy just decided to reject it.   If anything this reflects a poor decision to use godaddy. 
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline bitsapphire

tl;dl

www.bitsharestalk.org back online

Welcome Taulant :)

Not back up for me yet. Still have to use the alternate.

The DNS changes can take up to 24 hours to propagate throughout the world.

Offline onceuponatime

tl;dl

www.bitsharestalk.org back online

Welcome Taulant :)

Not back up for me yet. Still have to use the alternate.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile

Offline bitsapphire

Thank you Cass for the support!

Yes this was a DNS issue. The transfer happened more than a month ago (everything worked fine as you guys know), however, Godaddy left it "pending" due to the privacy protection Amazon had setup for himself.  Apparently Godaddy has timeout policy whereas if the privacy protection is not disabled before the end of the timeout period everything is reset back to the original owner. Everything should be back to normal now.

Worst timing ever.  ::)

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
PS:I would suggest some kind of announcement before such modifications in the future.
Or at least a public statement informing the users about the current status.

good idea :)

Offline wesphily

• View Profile

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile
-5%

why do you don't warn us before www.bitsharestalk.org was going "down" for maintenance?
and why don't you inform the public on the home page about this ?
it not good for bitshares image!!!

Unscheduled down time due to a DNS issue beyond their control.

thats explains it...

PS By the way it's a good way to attack bitsharesΧ "indirectly"... "just" by attacking the forum... just saying  ;)

Unfortunate timing to be sure.

It reminds me of a friend last year who decided to refurbish his store right before Xmas. Long story short, a lot of unforeseen circumstances lead to his store being closed over Xmas.

The plan looks good though. Hopefully the forum will be back online shortly.

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info
-5%

why do you don't warn us before www.bitsharestalk.org was going "down" for maintenance?

thats explains it...

PS By the way it's a good way to attack bitsharesΧ "indirectly"... "just" by attacking the forum... just saying  ;)

Offline bytemaster

-5%

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info
-5%

« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 02:51:06 pm by liondani »

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
Hey dudes,

yes not really optimal start for forum take over :).

Please just keep in mind:

Issue isn't directly related to Bitsapphire IMO. Cause to this issue is the private/anon domain registering from Amazon and the DNS transfer to godaddy(if i got it right :) ).
So we should take it easy and look into future service Bitsapphire will provide.

My 2 cents
cass

What about the performance ?

sry what!?

Offline emski

• View Profile
    • http://lnkd.in/nPbhxG
Hey dudes,

Issue isn't directly related to Bitsapphire IMO. Cause to this issue is the private/anon domain registering from Amazon and the DNS transfer to godaddy(if i got it right :) ).
So we should take it easy and look into future service Bitsapphire will provide.

My 2 cents
cass

What about the performance ?

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
Hey dudes,

My 2 cents
cass

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
You might consider avoiding "maintenance" like this just after you announced taking over forum support.
It might be perceived as suboptimal by some users.

In order to get to the forum I had to check a new link from bitshares.org AND I had to confirm security exception for this (mozilla ),

+5%
Bumpy start indeed...

Hopefully the Balkan style service ends with this incident...
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 06:23:15 am by tonyk »

Offline emski

• View Profile
    • http://lnkd.in/nPbhxG
You might consider avoiding "maintenance" like this just after you announced taking over forum support.
It might be perceived as suboptimal by some users.

In order to get to the forum I had to get a new link from bitshares.org AND I had to confirm security exception for this (mozilla ),
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 02:51:19 pm by emski »

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
sidenote: why does dotp2p say 8 days, did DNS change snapshotdate?

guess it was a bug on dotp2p site .. fixed now :) thx for info

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile

Offline ssjpts

• View Profile
    • 中国BTC
  • BitShares: coolman
please don't forget the most popluar Communication "QQ" and "Weibo" in China
新浪微博:剑指未来BTS
BTC:1Bc7gRGotktBmnNFr3BUUM22HFXCCTyxor
BTSX ID:loves,集大众之爱,待到BTS 500刀,10%回退给捐赠者,10%用于运营,剩余80%用于爱心事业和BTS宣传推广。

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
How about starting with a humble update for the forum: price ticker for the two upcoming snapshots! :)

http://bitshares.org/industries/domains/
http://bitshares.org/industries/voting/
http://dotp2p.io/

5 days left now, I'm getting kind of pumped!

sidenote: why does dotp2p say 8 days, did DNS change snapshotdate?

Offline bitsapphire

AWESOME :'((they are tears of joy)

First its great that someone is taking on the forum as I am sure it is going to be getting very busy around here.

Lastly I have asked this question to other delegates and I would like to hear your thoughts, How do you feel about single individuals or companies running multiply delegate accounts?The argument I have heard is that there is not enough people that what to be delegates but I and the list of delegates beg to differ.
So do you think centralization through the running of multiple delegate accounts further compounds the problem? Or do you believe that with only 101 positions that the running of multiple accounts does nothing to hurt the network?

Thanks!

There are pros and cons. Right now there really are not enough individuals with enough technical knowledge to become delegates. Looking at the delegate list right now you can see that there are several individuals with several delegates in the game (don't forget to vote for us!  :)).

In the future I believe that we will see 1 delegate = 1 person/entity, not because that is what share holders vote for but because delegates will become specialized and offer delegate services for multiple DACs at once. We also see that DPOS most likely will become key to shosing Open Transactions federation servers which don't collude with one another and Codius Oracles. We're writing a short blogpost on these topics right now. Once that happens delegates will be data center owners rather than normal geeks :)

A much bigger fear of ours is that due to some game theoretical models, share/capital accumulation will happen over time, and hence certain people/entities will decide on the fate of the DAC(s) ever more. Without some inbuilt anti-accumulation feature this is a serious long term problem, maybe just as problematic as mining today.

However, because we have the BItshares Toolkit anybody can soon build any kind of DACs. We will see a thousand DACs bloom, all with new and improved features.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
nice ... finally a whole team for the board .. +5%

does switching to Discourse mean I loose me sweets stats and my userid(120)?

--- just kidding .. do not really care

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile

Offline toast

• View Profile
Great  +5%

@Taulant: FYI the
Code: [Select]
btsx:delegate/approve links doesn't working here on forum if we not integrate it!
Can use daslab.io/scheme/btsx/command

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
(Please be delicate with transitioning the forum to a different forum software...)

absolutely agreed

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
Great  +5%

@Taulant: FYI the
Code: [Select]
btsx:delegate/approve links doesn't working here on forum if we not integrate it!

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado

First its great that someone is taking on the forum as I am sure it is going to be getting very busy around here.

If discourse is the same software GAW miners switched too  I have used it and I am not a big fan. I may be alone in these thoughts but anyone who is more used to a traditional BB experience it will take some adjusting.  Like I said though I think it is great that you are going to try to organize the mess around here because we really need it if we are going to be taken seriously.

Lastly I have asked this question to other delegates and I would like to hear your thoughts, How do you feel about single individuals or companies running multiply delegate accounts?The argument I have heard is that there is not enough people that what to be delegates but I and the list of delegates beg to differ.
So do you think centralization through the running of multiple delegate accounts further compounds the problem? Or do you believe that with only 101 positions that the running of multiple accounts does nothing to hurt the network?

I have thought of this. At the moment I think it can be understandable but in the future I think one single entity shouldn't run more than 1 delegate, or at least I think that would be the ideal.. I dont know if this has any cons though, like changing delegates in a short period of time if they dont do their job right for example.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
OMG this is amazing.

DPOS power..

speechless.

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso

If discourse is the same software GAW miners switched too  I have used it and I am not a big fan. I may be alone in these thoughts but anyone who is more used to a traditional BB experience it will take some adjusting.  Like I said though I think it is great that you are going to try to organize the mess around here because we really need it if we are going to be taken seriously.

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
I've seen a Monero forum use that same platform. Many users disliked it since they're used to this type so I think you should expect some reaction by some people. But i've tried it and personally, I like it
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline bitsapphire

+5%

I support these guys 100%.

(Please be delicate with transitioning the forum to a different forum software...)

Thanks toast! :D

We won't touch the forum software any time soon. We believe that once the BitsharesX wallet UX/UI is ready we will see mass adoption, so we need to get the forum ready for such mass adoption ahead of time.

If need be we will even build a Discourse Android app.

Offline bitsapphire

Dartmouth ???

state/country.... or  country

Kosovo? USA?

Thanks for asking tonyk!

Bitsapphire started at the Dartmouth Entepreneurial Network (DEN) in New Hampshire last winter. Two of us lived in the US for some time and had the chance to take part in the DEN experience. Since then we moved to the republic of Kosovo where the rest of the team is located.

Offline soniq

• View Profile
Good news indeed!!  onward and upward
Pr7V9GUm59dtKWXG6RJSymPsyCaCKWwNEj
Soniq on Bitcointalk -- Verified
Bitshares btsx:soniq

Offline toast

• View Profile
 +5%

I support these guys 100%.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Dartmouth ???

state/country.... or  country

Kosovo? USA?

Offline bitsapphire

Dear Bitsharestalk community,

Today we have several exciting announcements to make!

Please keep in mind that this forum is a separate entity from I3 but works together with the industry as a whole.

• Google analytics
  • Google Webmaster Tools

Twitter
Facebook
Google+

• bitsapphire
  • bitsharestalk1.bitsapphire
  • bitsharestalk2.bitsapphire
  • app1.bitsapphire
  • app2.bitsapphire
  • delegate.bitsapphire

The official forum donation addresses are:
Bitcoin: 1J8mEZvuTpKHvns9n25EqDouSbJ7sN3za8
PTS: PmD7Czt8B7gFuMbAgEHbbZ3cGjGpHepMqu
BitsharesX: bitsapphire

« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 01:35:39 pm by bitsapphire »