Author Topic: Help an old shareholder get back to speed  (Read 2674 times)

Offline Musewhale

• 丑,实在是太丑了 !
    • View Profile

My God, this is a big project. :P :P :P
MUSE witness:mygoodfriend     vote for me

Offline fragamemnon

• View Profile
Bump: I've tried various ways to try and fix the discrepancy between both currencies, but to no avail.

Any further ideas? :(

Offline fragamemnon

• View Profile
I did a quick look-up and found the guide.

I have successfully downloaded the BitShares 2.0 wallet, and after exporting mine, importing it and claiming the ~14K BTSX, I get a total value of 2,234 BTS for my new account. So it's not really 1:1, I suppose. ???

It should've been so you must be missing some keys. Did you use the export keys function of the 0.9.3c wallet?

As per the documentation I upgraded my client to the 0.9.3c client.
Afterwards, I used the console:
Code: [Select]
wallet_export_keys D:\walletname.json
Afterwards I imported it into the new client, again following the documentation on importing. When I tried to Lookup Balances, the 2,234 BTS was the total sum of all the accounts, which I claimed one by one.

Offline svk

I have successfully downloaded the BitShares 2.0 wallet, and after exporting mine, importing it and claiming the ~14K BTSX, I get a total value of 2,234 BTS for my new account. So it's not really 1:1, I suppose. ???

It should've been so you must be missing some keys. Did you use the export keys function of the 0.9.3c wallet?
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline fragamemnon

• View Profile

Offline svk

Hello xeroc,

Thank you for the thoughtful reply. I will take your advice since I realize the responsibility. For a little backstory, thanks to my dedicated time back in the days I managed to spread out my initial resources and trade them up, effectively netting over ten times the initial value. I've invested in and mined various currencies, so I dare say I've seen a lot. :)

Most likely I choose my wording poorly with the help request, so my apologies for this!
What I meant to ask was at what state are BTSX at the moment. Since I didn't see them traded in volume (at least from a quick look-up in old exchanges I were using), I assumed that they might have become another 'transient' currency, much like ProtoShares. Another reason for this presumption was that I saw lots more BTS being exchanged.
Should I be looking for a new wallet, and what may any conversion process be? (This is essentially the part that I would like to save time from on researching.)
I hope that this clears up any possible confusions!

You're right, BTSX was merged with DNS and became BTS. If you had 14k BTSX you now have 14k BTS, but you'll have to export your keys or create a backup using Bitshares v0.9.3c in order to migrate to the new chain. There's a migration guide somewhere, @xeroc probably has the link.
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline fragamemnon

• View Profile
Hello xeroc,

Thank you for the thoughtful reply. I will take your advice since I realize the responsibility. For a little backstory, thanks to my dedicated time back in the days I managed to spread out my initial resources and trade them up, effectively netting over ten times the initial value. I've invested in and mined various currencies, so I dare say I've seen a lot. :)

Most likely I choose my wording poorly with the help request, so my apologies for this!
What I meant to ask was at what state are BTSX at the moment. Since I didn't see them traded in volume (at least from a quick look-up in old exchanges I were using), I assumed that they might have become another 'transient' currency, much like ProtoShares. Another reason for this presumption was that I saw lots more BTS being exchanged.
Should I be looking for a new wallet, and what may any conversion process be? (This is essentially the part that I would like to save time from on researching.)
I hope that this clears up any possible confusions!

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Welcome to the community,

My personal recommendation would be to not do anything with them when you are pressed by time.
No matter how much you have, you are dealing with (some kind of) money and should be respectful of your belongings and know what you are doing.

Instead of risking your funds, I would advice to play around in the Testnet (testnet.bitshares.eu), create an account, trade in the (rather small) TEST-Exchange and get familiar with the concept of BitShares.
If you run into problems, drop us a line and we can figure it out. You may also want to join the bitshares slack: slack.bitshares.org

Once you feel good using BitShares, you can go ahead and do stuff with your real money, e.g. trade, short, or anythign else.

Cheers

Offline fragamemnon

• View Profile
Hello fellows,

Long story short, I've been mining PTS for a long time back in the day, then successfully turned them into BTSX. Then other priorities had my attention so I dropped out of the loop.
Currently I have ~14,000 BTSX. What can I do with them? :)

Any help would be appreciated, and sorry if there is information posted - I am a bit pressed by time at the moment!

Thank you in advance and best regards,
frag