Author Topic: Bitsapphire taking over forum maintenance and development  (Read 52625 times)

Offline oco101

• View Profile
The course of the wallet has changed some after the recent bitshares project merger announcement.

Sorry but this sounds very vague. What do you mean by that ? Are you still working on it ?

Furthermore the peertracks feedback has helped us a lot to pick a better financing model.

Who is "us" ? bitsapphire team ? Or you talking about Music ? Care to give more details ?
I know that you are currently working with the Music team. Can you talk about the progress on this ? Are you currently working on the front end future of Peertrack ?

Offline hpenvy

• View Profile
The course of the wallet has changed some after the recent bitshares project merger announcement. Furthermore the peertracks feedback has helped us a lot to pick a better financing model.

Regarding the forum itself, we're working on a lot of stuff. Spam has already gone down considerably due to some SEO measures we have taken. Furthermore we just moved the forum to a dedicated server without any downtime and have successfully fended off 2 small DDOS attacks since we took over. Putting together a report which contains data from the last 2-3 months.

Did you hear the recent mumble session with Dan? If so, what are your thoughts moving the forum to a model closer to Bitcointalk?
=============
btsx address: hpenvy
Tips appreciated for good work

Offline bitsapphire

The course of the wallet has changed some after the recent bitshares project merger announcement. Furthermore the peertracks feedback has helped us a lot to pick a better financing model.

Regarding the forum itself, we're working on a lot of stuff. Spam has already gone down considerably due to some SEO measures we have taken. Furthermore we just moved the forum to a dedicated server without any downtime and have successfully fended off 2 small DDOS attacks since we took over. Putting together a report which contains data from the last 2-3 months.
Register and get your personal Moonstone Wallet Beta here: https://moonstone.io/login-register.html

Offline hpenvy

• View Profile
If they haven't asked us for help yet it means they aren't very far.

As soon as we make a basic bitcoin compatibility API (next week?) someone can clone https://coinpunk.com/

WOW WOW WOW WOW... this is exactly the news I was hoping to hear!
=============
btsx address: hpenvy
Tips appreciated for good work

Offline fluxer555

• View Profile

As soon as we make a basic bitcoin compatibility API (next week?) someone can clone https://coinpunk.com/

Their CSS and view-port handling needs work... the site looks like shit on my phone.

Offline gamey

• View Profile

Hallelujah !

I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai

Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
If Bitsapphire is working on the mobile BTS wallet and PeerTracks, then it doesn't bother me if this forum stays in the Stone Age.

What if they do not work on the BTS mobile wallet?

They gave some indication that they were doing so. But as always, if someone is not meeting your expectations after a fair period of time, then feel fee to vote against their delegate.

zerosum

If Bitsapphire is working on the mobile BTS wallet and PeerTracks, then it doesn't bother me if this forum stays in the Stone Age.

What if they do not work on the BTS mobile wallet?

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

lzr1900

lzr1900

What now??
I didn't see any changes in this two months.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 08:48:45 am by lzr1900 »

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
What feed is used for the BTSX price on this forum? For the last couple of days, it seem to always overstate the current market price.

i thought it understated ))) i.e. right now on coinmarketcap it shows 10 satoshi more

I know it is not the most important quote in the world... It just makes me jump and check all my/order prices every time I post on the forum... It can well be just me though...

Coinmarketcap.com is generally slow with its adjustments, btw. I thought you use one or more exchanges, as feed. My bad.

Pbviously i dont use CMC for exact price check! That would be a bit silly.... i use it for general purpose only. I just presumed that this is where the forum takes its quote.
I do not use it either I just wanted to know which  source it is coming from. I also thought (obviously incorrectly) that the feed price in the BTSX system would be the easiest to use.. But generally I now think you are right - it is some slow updating price quote aggregator service.
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline serejandmyself

• View Profile
What feed is used for the BTSX price on this forum? For the last couple of days, it seem to always overstate the current market price.

i thought it understated ))) i.e. right now on coinmarketcap it shows 10 satoshi more

I know it is not the most important quote in the world... It just makes me jump and check all my/order prices every time I post on the forum... It can well be just me though...

Coinmarketcap.com is generally slow with its adjustments, btw. I thought you use one or more exchanges, as feed. My bad.

Pbviously i dont use CMC for exact price check! That would be a bit silly.... i use it for general purpose only. I just presumed that this is where the forum takes its quote.
btsx - bitsharesrussia

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 08:16:44 pm by tonyk »
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.