Author Topic: Bitsapphire taking over forum maintenance and development  (Read 50911 times)

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline bitsapphire

Thank you Cass for the support!

Yes this was a DNS issue. The transfer happened more than a month ago (everything worked fine as you guys know), however, Godaddy left it "pending" due to the privacy protection Amazon had setup for himself.  Apparently Godaddy has timeout policy whereas if the privacy protection is not disabled before the end of the timeout period everything is reset back to the original owner. Everything should be back to normal now.

Worst timing ever.  ::)
Register and get your personal Moonstone Wallet Beta here: https://moonstone.io/login-register.html

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
PS:I would suggest some kind of announcement before such modifications in the future.
Or at least a public statement informing the users about the current status.

good idea :)
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline wesphily

• View Profile
Could have increased the TTL so that it the old dns stayed alive until the transfer was complete. (for future reference)

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile
-5%

why do you don't warn us before www.bitsharestalk.org was going "down" for maintenance?
and why don't you inform the public on the home page about this ?
it not good for bitshares image!!!

Unscheduled down time due to a DNS issue beyond their control.

thats explains it...

PS By the way it's a good way to attack bitsharesΧ "indirectly"... "just" by attacking the forum... just saying  ;)

Unfortunate timing to be sure.

It reminds me of a friend last year who decided to refurbish his store right before Xmas. Long story short, a lot of unforeseen circumstances lead to his store being closed over Xmas.

The plan looks good though. Hopefully the forum will be back online shortly.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
-5%

why do you don't warn us before www.bitsharestalk.org was going "down" for maintenance?

thats explains it...

PS By the way it's a good way to attack bitsharesΧ "indirectly"... "just" by attacking the forum... just saying  ;)

Offline bytemaster

-5%

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
-5%

« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 02:51:06 pm by liondani »

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
Hey dudes,

yes not really optimal start for forum take over :).

Please just keep in mind:

Issue isn't directly related to Bitsapphire IMO. Cause to this issue is the private/anon domain registering from Amazon and the DNS transfer to godaddy(if i got it right :) ).
So we should take it easy and look into future service Bitsapphire will provide.

My 2 cents
cass

What about the performance ?

sry what!?

Offline emski

• View Profile
    • http://lnkd.in/nPbhxG
Hey dudes,

Issue isn't directly related to Bitsapphire IMO. Cause to this issue is the private/anon domain registering from Amazon and the DNS transfer to godaddy(if i got it right :) ).
So we should take it easy and look into future service Bitsapphire will provide.

My 2 cents
cass

What about the performance ?

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
Hey dudes,

My 2 cents
cass

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
You might consider avoiding "maintenance" like this just after you announced taking over forum support.
It might be perceived as suboptimal by some users.

In order to get to the forum I had to check a new link from bitshares.org AND I had to confirm security exception for this (mozilla ),

+5%
Bumpy start indeed...

Hopefully the Balkan style service ends with this incident...
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 06:23:15 am by tonyk »
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline emski

• View Profile
    • http://lnkd.in/nPbhxG
You might consider avoiding "maintenance" like this just after you announced taking over forum support.
It might be perceived as suboptimal by some users.

In order to get to the forum I had to get a new link from bitshares.org AND I had to confirm security exception for this (mozilla ),
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 02:51:19 pm by emski »

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
sidenote: why does dotp2p say 8 days, did DNS change snapshotdate?

guess it was a bug on dotp2p site .. fixed now :) thx for info

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile