Author Topic: Earn 5% on your BitUSD Now with BitShares X  (Read 11616 times)

Offline Pocket Sand

• View Profile
I don't think it is a good idea.
BitUsd5 BitUsd6 BitUsd7 BitUsd8 BitUsd9......
Goldcoin10%gold  Goldcoin20%gold  Goldcoin30%gold Goldcoin40%gold......
May be it will cause competition,and out-of-balance.
But have a try is ok.

Another  question:
The Bitusd's  largest number of supply100,000,000,000 USD , is fixed or  Adjustable?

I agree - having multiple different BitUSDs looks messy, and makes the whole thing look like an experiment. Another way to introduce interest would be to have a single BitUSD, but gradually raise its interest from 0% -> 1% -> 5% etc, whilst checking that the peg still holds.

-5%  I think that is a bad idea considering it could screw up the entire peg for actual BitUSD if it does not work out well and hurt the whole system's integrity indefinitely versus implementing a separate asset which will either succeed as theorized or just end up being traded on a very different peg than the actual/idealistic value of BitUSD.

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
But have a try is ok.

Another  question:
The Bitusd's  largest number of supply100,000,000,000 USD , is fixed or  Adjustable?

I agree - having multiple different BitUSDs looks messy, and makes the whole thing look like an experiment. Another way to introduce interest would be to have a single BitUSD, but gradually raise its interest from 0% -> 1% -> 5% etc, whilst checking that the peg still holds.

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
But have a try is ok.

Another  question:

Can there be a way to revoke or retract previously issued assets?
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Riverhead

Offline ebit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: ebit
But have a try is ok.

Another  question:
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 11:30:40 am by ebit »
telegram:ebit521
https://weibo.com/ebiter

Offline bitcoinerS

• View Profile

do you mean Vitalik Buterin?
good catch .. i read Vikram ..

so?

You heard me.  The v man himself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vitalik's name was misspelled in the original post causing confusion.
>>> approve bitcoiners

Offline bytemaster

do you mean Vitalik Buterin?
good catch .. i read Vikram ..

so?

You heard me.  The v man himself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
(2) If BitUSD wins 5 % per year BTSX would have to loose 5% per year (if no other factors play a role like feesidends or share appreciation due to growth/speculation). Would the fees be high enough to compensate for the loss? If not I think that would not a be a huge problem. Traders of BTSX can take that into account.

The 5% is payed by the shorts to the longs. There's no change in supply is there?

Someone would have to go long BitUSD? Please explain?
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Riverhead

(2) If BitUSD wins 5 % per year BTSX would have to loose 5% per year (if no other factors play a role like feesidends or share appreciation due to growth/speculation). Would the fees be high enough to compensate for the loss? If not I think that would not a be a huge problem. Traders of BTSX can take that into account.

The 5% is payed by the shorts to the longs. There's no change in supply is there?

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
(1) Wouldn't this increase the complexity for traders? With no interest (no 5%) traders only have to speculate on whether BitUSD/USD falls/increases against BTSX at any time or within the next xy if they want to finish the trade fast again but timing is necessary to make money on a trade. With an interest through market peg traders have to calculate also at which point in time their guess about the ratio of BTSX and BitUSD will be in place.

(2) If BitUSD wins 5 % per year BTSX would have to loose 5% per year (if no other factors play a role like fees/dividends or share appreciation due to growth/speculation). Would the fees be high enough to compensate for the loss? If not I think that would not a be a huge problem. Traders of BTSX can take that into account.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

... that would be a BitAsset where the shorts paid the longs X% interest. 

what about a combination of shorts  + delegates to pay x% interest to the longs?

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

Offline Markus

• View Profile
The question remains is how much market demand is there for such an asset.

Obviously enormous in your opinion...

Yes, the demand should be enormous. The problem will be that there won't be much supply. :)

… did I understand that correctly, that there will be two BitUSDs? One with interest and one without?

Offline Riverhead

What incentive would there be to short at 5% interest vs the 0% of bitUSD?