Author Topic: Will Bitcoin switch to DPOS or is POW really dead?  (Read 4116 times)

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
Can you imagine a day when BitShares success forces POW based coins to adapt DPOS to stay competitive?
Do you think there may come a day when even Bitcoin itself dumps POW and goes DPOS?

Not all of them will. A lot of people have invested a lot of time and money into PoW. They are in pivotal positions on the chess board. They are going to milk PoW for all it has to offer and why shouldn't they? Not everyone cares about the best technology and many people are in it just to make the maximum profit from the ecosystem.

I would like to profit but I think if given a choice I would choose to profit from innovation rather than from political incumbency.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
I think at this point Bitcoin would rather die, and so eventually it will, but most likely not for a good while.
exactly what i think too
What is your (jaba and troc) reasoning based on?

Offline JA

• View Profile
I think at this point Bitcoin would rather die, and so eventually it will, but most likely not for a good while.
exactly what i think too

Offline cgafeng

I won't surprise when this happen.
BTC:1EYwcZ9cYVj6C9LMLafdcjK9wicVMDV376

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile

Offline bitcoinerS

• View Profile
Can you imagine a day when BitShares success forces POW based coins to adapt DPOS to stay competitive?
Do you think there may come a day when even Bitcoin itself dumps POW and goes DPOS?
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 12:19:43 pm by bitcoinerS »
>>> approve bitcoiners