Author Topic: BTSX breaks $20MM Market Cap  (Read 5619 times)

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
to be fair. it is not a problem in the nxt technology. just a stupid exchange and they don't learnt something from gox and co. could happen to btsx as well. hope they learned the lesson and all the other exchanges are checking their security systems. it is a bad message for any investor in crypto. if it is not save to use the exchanges you can not sell or buy and the market will die easily.

it is not safe to keep the funds there that is true! Just make the trades you want and transfer the funds back to your wallet! It takes seconds to couple of minutes and not hours  like with bitcoins transfers. Try used to it guys! Your funds will be on your wallets before you finished peeing  :P

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
to be fair. it is not a problem in the nxt technology. just a stupid exchange and they don't learnt something from gox and co. could happen to btsx as well. hope they learned the lesson and all the other exchanges are checking their security systems. it is a bad message for any investor in crypto. if it is not save to use the exchanges you can not sell or buy and the market will die easily.

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile

Yes and my point was that until full trading resumes properly on their main exchanges, like Cryptsy too, we won't have a clear idea of the full scale of the damage/fallout from this imo.

I tend to agree with liondani on this, big picture - That this is kind of blessing in disguise for those NXTers open minded enough to take a look at Bitshares.

+5%

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

Yes and my point was that until full trading resumes properly on their main exchanges, like Cryptsy too, we won't have a clear idea of the full scale of the damage/fallout from this imo.

I tend to agree with liondani on this, big picture - That this is kind of blessing in disguise for those NXTers open minded enough to take a look at Bitshares.
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile
NXT trading is open again on BTER.  It's not pretty :( . I feel really bad for them. Their technology should have sunk or swam on its own merits; not die due to a heist. Maybe it'll recover if enough people see this as an opportunity to get in while there's blood in the streets.

I don't think bter is accepting new NXT deposits

I do not think anybody has tried to deposit.

Given the egg on BTER's face it's probably the safest place on the planet to keep your NXT now. I'm sure they have that sh*t locked down.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

Offline Riverhead

NXT trading is open again on BTER.  It's not pretty :( . I feel really bad for them. Their technology should have sunk or swam on its own merits; not die due to a heist. Maybe it'll recover if enough people see this as an opportunity to get in while there's blood in the streets.

Given the egg on BTER's face it's probably the safest place on the planet to keep your NXT now. I'm sure they have that sh*t locked down.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

Additionally the NXT buyers on bter should be aware that they are buying nothing more than Bter's dream of NXTs. And frankly the lack of any statement (that I can see) regarding this is pretty concerning.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 04:16:07 pm by tonyk »

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile
The BTSX Price movement and strength are encouraging. But, dang, I was surprised to see this post from Bytemaster. He and the BTSX developers should try to refrain from commenting on or predicting short-term price movements. It doesn't seem objective and to outsiders it could be viewed as P&D or a conflict of interest.

Interesting thought. Since we have "known" BM for a while we know he's in this for the long haul but newcomers to the technology may be a bit more skeptical. Still, it's hard to resist dreaming about what is to come. I think we all have early retirement fantasies :).

It's also common sense. Dreaming about retirement and riches is fine and dandy, but if you want to be head or manager of a successful multi-billion $ venture, you gotta seem professional. You gotta be professional.

He is professional, I was just thinking the other day that one his great qualities is his 'seeing the best in everyone' he hardly ever seems to react in a reactionary manner, it's very impressive, I can't do that.

I can see how the statement about the doubling comes off as too much speculation, but as an investor I want him to keep us in the loop as much as possible & if he has information through conversations that people will be buying in reasonable quantities I'm glad that is shared as well as things like the Vitalik conversations. 

But perhaps to avoid any confusion maybe Bytemaster should add something to his signature that says,

These are merely my opinions

Oh wait, he already has  :P

Offline Riverhead

clout

The BTSX Price movement and strength are encouraging. But, dang, I was surprised to see this post from Bytemaster. He and the BTSX developers should try to refrain from commenting on or predicting short-term price movements. It doesn't seem objective and to outsiders it could be viewed as P&D or a conflict of interest.

Interesting thought. Since we have "known" BM for a while we know he's in this for the long haul but newcomers to the technology may be a bit more skeptical. Still, it's hard to resist dreaming about what is to come. I think we all have early retirement fantasies :).

It's also common sense. Dreaming about retirement and riches is fine and dandy, but if you want to be head or manager of a successful multi-billion $ venture, you gotta seem professional. You gotta be professional.

I don't see how his statement isn't objective when bitAssets are planned to be released officially in about 4 days... If the price doesn't double in a months time then we have some major problems.

Offline pendragon3

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

I know I do.

Offline Riverhead