Author Topic: Forgot password - how do I install a new wallet?  (Read 3140 times)

Offline resetbutton

• View Profile
No worries. Look in the %AppData% directory. You can type that right into the path bar of the file explorer (winkey+e)

Awesome. Thanks so much!!!

Offline Riverhead

No worries. Look in the %AppData% directory. You can type that right into the path bar of the file explorer (winkey+e)

Offline resetbutton

• View Profile
What os are you running? You need to find the "BitSahres X/wallets" directory and rename the default directory to something like default.forgotten (without the client running). When you start the client it'll create a new default directory.

Thanks. Running Windows 7. After going into bitsharesx/bin I don't see anything with the word wallets.  :-[

Sorry for being such a noob. I'm just trying to create a new BTSX wallet, buy some BTSX on Poloniex, and send them to myself in the wallet.

Offline Riverhead

What os are you running? You need to find the "BitSahres X/wallets" directory and rename the default directory to something like default.forgotten (without the client running). When you start the client it'll create a new default directory.

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
Ability to have multi login would be very nice

Offline resetbutton

• View Profile
I'm that guy that forgot to write down the password. That's what I get for installing and transferring PTS while family was over visiting.

Anyway, live and learn. I downloaded the Bitshares X client on my desktop and messed around with it for a day, then downloaded the client on my laptop where I transferred all of my PTS. I don't want to touch anything on my laptop in case I remember the password again, but I want to install a new wallet on my desktop so I can start over.

I uninstalled and reinstalled Bitshares X, but when it opens, the blocks are all synced, and it asks for my password again which I can't remember, either. Any tips for how to start with a clean slate at this point?