Author Topic: Bitcoin 2.0 debate at cryptolona  (Read 2205 times)

Offline fuzzy

I'd love to watch this video if it is available..  I'm guessing that will be a no.

Anyone?

Pretty sure conferences like these are the owners of the content produced at them...Wish we could have some videos on these discussions too.  Not opening them up to the public creates a class of crypto-insiders.
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
BM, Can you weigh in on the liklihood of this migration happening?

Also, let's say Bitcoin is migrated to DPOS tomorrow: this would be good or bad for AGS/PTS holders??

At this point let bitcoin crash and burn, DPOS is one of the things that set us apart from alts. I think it would be good for bitcoin but it would be one less thing that makes us unique.

I find the following news great:

Breaking news!

The bitcoin foundation has proposed and the miners have agreed!

The way to go is for Bitcoin is to become BitShares Clone!

The discovery the identity of Satoshi Nakamoto, as one Daniel Larimer was the last straw that made the long waited decision final and anonymous....

« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 07:31:09 pm by tonyk »
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso

Also, let's say Bitcoin is migrated to DPOS tomorrow: this would be good or bad for AGS/PTS holders??

At this point let bitcoin crash and burn, DPOS is one of the things that set us apart from alts. I think it would be good for bitcoin but it would be one less thing that makes us unique.

Offline gamey

• View Profile
I'd love to watch this video if it is available..  I'm guessing that will be a no.

Anyone?
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline fuzzy

But emagine if he had a system where he could vet his ideas against a huge expert consensus, in real time!

To me, the currency that best solves this governance problem, in a bottom up, anti bureaucratic way will be the one that quickly takes over the world in a few months.

Brent Allsop

I think Bitshares really shines at this... between Bitshares VOTE and DPOS there's a level of consensus that can be achieved that no other community can reach yet!

It only shines at this if we build a solid infrastructure for enabling free-flowing information that has few-to-no barriers to entry and enables delegates to be chosen dynamically by a public with an interest in being informed.  BeyondBitcoinx.net is working on precisely these problems. 

Offline fuzzy

Good luck getting the miners that have spent many $ millions on mining infrastructure, to approve something like that.

There is no way you could get that through the Bitcoin bureaucracy that has formed.

Which brings up a, to me, critically important issue: Governance.

Either, and all the other Alt coins are going the Bureaucratic way of Bitcoin, creating bureaucratic organizations that can't do diddly squat on something critically important like this.  Even given the clear expert consensus on how important such changes are, they can't do anything.

Right now, BM has absolute control, which is a good thing for us, but I think we need to do way better than this, if we want to get the a good number of big financial institutions around the world to get on board.  There is no way any of them are going to have any kind of motivation to give BM that much power.

In my opinion, we need the kind of bottom up, anti bureaucratic, leaderless, amplification of the wisdom of the crowd governance system we are developing at Canonizer.com.  The best politicians are the ones that know, best, exactly what all their constituents want.  Imagine what the Bytemaster, and all of us could do, if we could know, concisely and quantitatively, and in real time, what all holders of BitsharesX wanted, both the popular consensus, and how this compares to the expert consensus?  Bytemaster can already discover his mistakes, much faster than anyone else.  But emagine if he had a system where he could vet his ideas against a huge expert consensus, in real time!

To me, the currency that best solves this governance problem, in a bottom up, anti bureaucratic way will be the one that quickly takes over the world in a few months.

Brent Allsop

Is there a reason why we are not working together brent? :P

Offline yellowecho

But emagine if he had a system where he could vet his ideas against a huge expert consensus, in real time!

Brent Allsop

I think Bitshares really shines at this... between Bitshares VOTE and DPOS there's a level of consensus that can be achieved that no other community can reach yet!
696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline Brent.Allsop

• View Profile
    • Canonizer.com

Good luck getting the miners that have spent many $ millions on mining infrastructure, to approve something like that.

There is no way you could get that through the Bitcoin bureaucracy that has formed.

Which brings up a, to me, critically important issue: Governance.

Either, and all the other Alt coins are going the Bureaucratic way of Bitcoin, creating bureaucratic organizations that can't do diddly squat on something critically important like this.  Even given the clear expert consensus on how important such changes are, they can't do anything.

Right now, BM has absolute control, which is a good thing for us, but I think we need to do way better than this, if we want to get the a good number of big financial institutions around the world to get on board.  There is no way any of them are going to have any kind of motivation to give BM that much power.

In my opinion, we need the kind of bottom up, anti bureaucratic, leaderless, amplification of the wisdom of the crowd governance system we are developing at Canonizer.com.  The best politicians are the ones that know, best, exactly what all their constituents want.  Imagine what the Bytemaster, and all of us could do, if we could know, concisely and quantitatively, and in real time, what all holders of BitsharesX wanted, both the popular consensus, and how this compares to the expert consensus?  Bytemaster can already discover his mistakes, much faster than anyone else.  But emagine if he had a system where he could vet his ideas against a huge expert consensus, in real time!

Brent Allsop

Offline carpet ride

• View Profile

« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 04:20:57 am by bed »
All opinions are my own. Anything said on this forum does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation between myself and anyone else.
Check out my blog: http://CertainAssets.com
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Offline bytemaster

Of the 6 panelist the number one highest importance upgrade for bitcoin network was a migration to proof of stake.   Unanimous. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.