Author Topic: 100btsx bounty for help importing ags dontation  (Read 5854 times)

Offline bitcool

• View Profile
Great, I found the import wallet function, and it worked well with the PTS wallet.

I used the block explorer and found the FROM address when I made AGS donation, I imported individual private keys, it showed X amount, I then imported the wallet containing these keys, it show Y amount, Y>>X. So it looks like I made some donation that I forgot :(

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso
Does this dump/import priv key method works on both BTC & PTS donated toward AGS?  i.e. btsx client will be able to check both types of private keys against the block chain?

For btc I opened the bitshares x client and clicked the account I wanted the btsx in. I then went to the advanced tab, selected the wallet type, then imported the wallet.

What made me scratch my head is that the client said it imported the wallet successfully even though it had not (because I gave it the wrong password).

For pts it is the same process just a different wallet.

« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 09:07:10 pm by Gentso1 »

Offline bitcool

• View Profile
I remember seeing a bounty here on scanning and importing all private keys in a wallet, any one can provide more info on that? thanks!

Offline bitcool

• View Profile
Does this dump/import priv key method works on both BTC & PTS donated toward AGS?  i.e. btsx client will be able to check both types of private keys against the block chain?

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
no problem and very honorable. I will get in touch with him and let him know where it is coming from

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
post your btsx account name sir 100 btsx to tonyk.

Thanks. Send them to CLains though, so he can sponsor some community initiative.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 06:22:22 pm by tonyk »
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
Thank for the help guys and please delete the thread if you can it only reminds me

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
I got it  :-*

It wasn't that wif key but because of that I found the actual cause.
I have 2 separate passwords for each wallet.  I was using the wrong password and btsx just kept saying wallet was successfully imported(bug?) even though it wasn't, which in turn just made me more confused.

Because of what you suggested I tried exporting private and public keys and that when I noticed I was trying to input the password for another wallet and thus lead me to the solution.

post your btsx account name sir 100 btsx to tonyk.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
type
dumpprivkey  1LbGS2DsMSVXme6iQtkwdekndQ1Vok7SQd
into the console of electrum and copy the private key it returns ..

in btsx .. once you have created an account, go to "advanced" and import that private key .. maybe force a blockchain rescan (takes 20 minutes) and the you should see your funds!

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
Ok friends I give up and I need help importing my ags donation.
http://www1.agsexplorer.com/balances/1LbGS2DsMSVXme6iQtkwdekndQ1Vok7SQd this is my donation

I used electrum version 1.9.8. I have 2 wallet files I found the transaction in the wallet and checked the details and the same addy is listed that is listed in the block explorer(so I know I have the right one). I also imported both wallets but no change

When I import the wallet file into bitshares x it says that it was successful but I only have 1 transaction from genesis block and that was for my pts holdings. I was able to import the pts no problem. I can also provide screen shots to confirm everything I said. I am sure it is a mistake I am making on my end but I can not for the life of me figure out what it is.

First person that posts here whatever the missing piece is to this puzzle gets 100 btsx upon successful completion of me getting the 108,079.861715 BTSX that is shown on block explore. Thanks and good luck