Author Topic: let it be beneficial to vote for the right one  (Read 3355 times)

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi
maybe I have think it too simple.
for the vote DAC, open a vote thread, or vote for a thread, both need fees to protect the network security I think?
from the other hand, the vote fees will reduce the motivation.
yes the award can give some extra motivation.  and the award should not be very big, this will attract the speculators.
for example:
the fee is 0.1,  and 1000 vote win finally, the award should less than 0.1*1000 = 100.

the idea is just want to encourage the guys who really want to vote, not the speculators.

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile
This is not a good approach in general; people will vote for the candidate they think will win, rather than the candidate they think is best. The only effect will be voter unanimity, not voter motivation.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

+5% True

What's the meaning of this? Adding the complexity of system I think.

It's a possible solution regarding voter apathy. (people being too lazy to vote and vote well.)

Yes, possible, but I think it only work for those who interested in luck chance, not exactly the people who are lazy to vote.
The cost is system payout and complexity but does not resolve it completely.

But voter apathy is a problem. Some extra motivation would be good imo.

But the system can only afford a small cost to get that motivation. So only by building it into a prize, would it become something big enough, that is able to help motivate.

Which is why I like the lottery idea.

Edit: For delegate voting in BTSX.  Not for voting for the 'right one', as I see biophil is right

« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 09:50:08 pm by Empirical1 »

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil
This is not a good approach in general; people will vote for the candidate they think will win, rather than the candidate they think is best. The only effect will be voter unanimity, not voter motivation.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline HackFisher

• View Profile

It's a possible solution regarding voter apathy. (people being too lazy to vote and vote well.)

Yes, possible, but I think it only work for those who interested in luck chance, not exactly the people who are lazy to vote.
The cost is system payout and complexity but does not resolve it completely.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile

Offline HackFisher

• View Profile
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi
I think the lotto reward can be using at  BTS-vote too,
give some reward to the one who vote for the winner
let it be beneficial to vote for the right one.
I have an idea to encourage users to vote, for 101 delegate.
like LOTTO, for example, we have 101 delegate active now, they have get their votes, maybe totally 40,000,000,000 votes.
we generate a random number between 1-40,000,000,000 every 24*60*6 blocks.
we can get this lucky vote's address
then give a lucky reward  to this address, part of  the destroy fee at this day.

to increase the chance to get the reward, users need to vote more delegate, and to the right delegate.