Author Topic: DNS&VOTE will release the final version in two weeks after snapshot ,right?  (Read 4583 times)

Offline sudo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: ags

Offline yellowecho

My plan is to begin dry runs in the days immediately following DNS snapshot. I will not commit to a specific release date but the limiting factors are usability (tradeoff between launching sooner and having polish) and not core functionality

Cool, so the dry runs will be more focused on UI bugs and transaction volume?
696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
My plan is to begin dry runs in the days immediately following DNS snapshot. I will not commit to a specific release date but the limiting factors are usability (tradeoff between launching sooner and having polish) and not core functionality
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline yellowecho

The voting DAC will release a DPOS clone within a month of the snapshot and will likely hire TOAST to rebrand it for them.

Do you have any estimates on how long after the snapshot DNS will be released?

Offline yellowecho

snapshot  stand for a hope 、new production 、Something really valueable(干货 in chinese)

snapshot longtime before the release date ,in china weibo(just the china's twitter) we call it Draw big pie(画大饼)(means all day night  draw a
big fantastic dream but no real production)
how do we  Refute them(altcoin supporter) when they say  iii is a liar & just a snapshot  no production?

Toast was also not pleased with the longtime between BTSX snapshot and release so I'm confident he would not have set a snapshot date if he wasn't prepared.  Last I heard he said it would be released before the end of the month but I could be wrong.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
The voting DAC will release a DPOS clone within a month of the snapshot and will likely hire TOAST to rebrand it for them.
Moly moly .. now THAT is a statement ... thx +5%

Go for it toast!!

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
May i remind you that the btsx delay was mainly caused by issues with TAPOS which have been resolved with DPOS ..

I still dont get what you want :(

snapshot  not snapshit

snapshot  stand for a hope 、new production 、Something really valueable(干货 in chinese)

snapshot longtime before the release date ,in china weibo(just the china's twitter) we call it Draw big pie(画大饼)(means all day night  draw a
how do we  Refute them(altcoin supporter) when they say  iii is a liar & just a snapshot  no production?

III will never release ANY DAC!!  its the job of others to build and maintain the DACs .. don't forget that pls.

I understand that there should not be too much time between snapshot and release.. there just IS NO MORE information about the VOTING DAC at this time ..

Offline sudo

• View Profile
May i remind you that the btsx delay was mainly caused by issues with TAPOS which have been resolved with DPOS ..

snapshot  not snapshit

« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 04:03:57 pm by sudo »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

Offline sudo

• View Profile
so  that means   2.28-3.1 tragedy  again?
Why should an early release change anything in the upcoming tanking of PTS?
The tanking is about 'transfer of value' from one chain to an other one. Has nothing to do with the release date!
nothing to do with the release date! 

so funny
btsx delayed several months  is a big impact of PTS price &Confidence in the market.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
so  that means   2.28-3.1 tragedy  again?
Why should an early release change anything in the upcoming tanking of PTS?
The tanking is about 'transfer of value' from one chain to an other one. Has nothing to do with the release date!

Offline sudo

• View Profile
2.28-3.1

8.21-8.22

foolished  twice ,then who will holding pts ,waiting for snapshot????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Offline sudo

• View Profile
I am sure at least VOTE will not be released so soonish .. I'd say we need to wait some 3 more months for it ...

When it comes to DNS, I am not so sure .. taost seems to make big progress and already has profound knowledge about the toolkit. I'd expect the release within weeks after the snapshot ..

but to answer your question: No .. there are no plans (at least known to the public/includes me)

are you kidding ?

so  that means   2.28-3.1 tragedy  again??????????????????????????????????????

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
I am sure at least VOTE will not be released so soonish .. I'd say we need to wait some 3 more months for it ...

When it comes to DNS, I am not so sure .. taost seems to make big progress and already has profound knowledge about the toolkit. I'd expect the release within weeks after the snapshot ..

but to answer your question: No .. there are no plans (at least known to the public/includes me)