Author Topic: General Name for BitSharesX  (Read 11839 times)

Offline HulkHo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: HULK111
hahah, probably that was a "cryptoprimitives".

Offline Riverhead

Offline oldman

• View Profile
The BITEX (bitEX, BitEX, BitEx) is a decentralized global electronic marketplace for buying and selling cryptographic derivative assets, known as CDAs or cryptives.

« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 04:57:40 pm by OldMan »

Offline Riverhead

Cryptographic Derivative Assets (CDAs) that are traded in a Cryptographic Derivative Market (CDM).

Perhaps known colloquially as crypto-derivatives (CDs).

Even if this doesn't get officially adopted this is how I'm going to explain to people how I made my millions (because otherwise they wouldn't be asking me about it haha).

Offline betax

• View Profile
Cryptographic Derivative Assets (CDAs) that are traded in a Cryptographic Derivative Market (CDM).

+5% I really like this
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline lucky331

• View Profile

I like this. CD's is easy to say and remember. In some countries they are, "Certified Deposits" or "Certificates of Deposit" but you can't expect too much exclusivity with a two character acronym.

As for a catchy name for the exchange what about Xbit? "Volume on Xbit rose today on news that Dell would begin accepting bitUSD as payment". "In other news xBit has now become The place to participate in crypto-asset trading".

or bitX...

where X=variable=  usd,eur,cny,gold,silver, whatever, etc.

that sounds really good actually.

feels like..

...  die banksters!
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 11:59:04 am by lucky331 »

Offline Riverhead

Yes....BitX

Would fit nicely in the upper right corner of the client as well.

Edit: Doh. https://bitx.co.za/

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

I like this. CD's is easy to say and remember. In some countries they are, "Certified Deposits" or "Certificates of Deposit" but you can't expect too much exclusivity with a two character acronym.

As for a catchy name for the exchange what about Xbit? "Volume on Xbit rose today on news that Dell would begin accepting bitUSD as payment". "In other news xBit has now become The place to participate in crypto-asset trading".

or bitX...

where X=variable=  usd,eur,cny,gold,silver, whatever, etc.

Offline Riverhead

Offline oldman

• View Profile

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info
Outside the "box" market
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 01:51:51 am by liondani »

Offline betax

• View Profile
Decentralized digital (bitAsset) exchange and derivative market (and more ! )
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline NewMine

• View Profile
You will eventually get Ass. Market from the trolls if you let it have bitAsset and Market in the name. 

So far, most the names proposed are horrible.  :(

Mirror Market? What are you mirroring? Sounds second rate, like it beyond the secondary market.

DAX sounds like you are saying DAC's, so no. Anything with matrix, digital, or polymorphic sounds like techno babble.

Prediction is a word that needs to be in the definition of the name, not the name itself.

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info
Did you ever wanted to kick Rothchilds butt? Now you can!

bitbro

It's either a BitAssets Market, BitExchange BitBank or Mirror Market.  Maybe there are others.  I am surprised how little people understood this exercise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info
Decentralized Collateral based bitAssets

Offline fuzzy

^^ but so is counterparty.

What is the mechanism that enables bitassets in particular called?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Do you want me to insist on 'Beautiful Markets' or do you want go a step back and call them 'Nash Markets'?

Well...."NashMarket" has a certain ring to it.  I always thought of bitsharesx as being able to be forked by multiple other coins, essentially enabling the creation of many BitShares based exchanges that provide value to their own native token and the tokens of those who invested in the toolkit's construction--for instance:  Primecoin could have PrimeSharesX (X=exchange), Litecoin could have LiteSharesX, Darkcoin could have DarkSharesX...etc, and each of their market pegs could reinforce the market pegs on other exchanges.  For this reason, I think bitsharesx is perfect.
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline 天籁

• View Profile
Single Market,Uniform Market or  Union Market

Offline bobmaloney

Decentralized Autonomous Polymorphic Digital Asset Exchange, Prediction Market and Clearinghouse doesn't exactly roll off the tongue.

"The crows seemed to be calling his name, thought Caw."
- Jack Handey (SNL)

Offline Pheonike

How about

Bitshares Asset Matrix (AM)

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

Do you want me to insist on 'Beautiful Markets' or do you want go a step back and call them 'Nash Markets'?
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai

Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline bitmarket

• View Profile
    • BitShares TV
BitsharesX is a DAX.

Decentralized Autonomous Exchange.

or a DAM.

Decentralized Autonomous Market.

I prefer DAX
Host of BitShares.TV and Author of BitShares 101

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Mirror market feels like a good,  analogous, alliteration

I am scared of mirrors....or just the thing that I see when I look into one....

bitbro

Mirror market feels like a good,  analogous, alliteration

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile
It's less the point of what it is, and more the point of what it's about. Ie The stock market is about stocks; the bond market is about bonds; the futures market is about futures, derivatives, options; the forex market is about currencies.

Is the BitSharesX market about BitAssets?  Should it be called a BitAsset Market?

On the same theme as mirror, I've got 'chameleon market'

But yes, I think the most likely outcome is just 'A BitAsset Market'
& just like you have to learn what a stock/bond is you have to learn what a BitAsset is.

Ggozzo

Reconciliation Market

bitbro

It's less the point of what it is, and more the point of what it's about. Ie The stock market is about stocks; the bond market is about bonds; the futures market is about futures, derivatives, options; the forex market is about currencies.

Is the BitSharesX market about BitAssets?  Should it be called a BitAsset Market?

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
I think you guys missed the point of this thread.

OP is asking "what do we call the special prediction market / polymorphic digital asset" concept. It's not a traditional prediction market, it's not a "tomorrow market", and "BitSharesX" is the product name.

What is the mechanism called?

...Beautiful Exchanges....

If you do not get it => nobody will => it is a bad idea...

Ggozzo

OTC - Over-the-Chain Market

Ggozzo

OP is asking "what do we call the special prediction market / polymorphic digital asset" concept. It's not a traditional prediction market, it's not a "tomorrow market", and "BitSharesX" is the product name.

Interchain Market (like interbank)

Offline toast

• View Profile
A mirror market?

^^ this guy gets it even though I think it's not the best name
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline toast

• View Profile

Some kind of digital vortex scaling wrap .... it wraps around all legacy systems and funnels capital out of  paper debt based fiat financialization and into a sustain digital asset class that stores economic energy ...

"Digital EE scaling"

You're still talking about what it is and not about how it works

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

...Beautiful Exchanges....

Offline kripeecakes

• View Profile

Some kind of digital vortex scaling wrap .... it wraps around all legacy systems and funnels capital out of  paper debt based fiat financialization and into a sustain digital asset class that stores economic energy ...

"Digital EE scaling"

Offline toast

• View Profile

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
New Economy Market?
Taken by a NXT clone ... or close to (they use movement instead of market)

what about
iMarket ... (just kidding)

- MarketX
- TheMarket
- MX ?

New Economy Movement is the NXT clone but New Economy Market isn't such a bad idea. It would identify with the New Economy Movement as a community.

The point is if you're trying to get people to adapt a name it might be better to be similar to what people already accept. Bitcoin, Bitshares. Bitcoin, Litecoin.

Offline kripeecakes

• View Profile
An alt-class ..... hmmmm

BitStrings .....

Stringbits ...

ETFbit ...

Instead of Spiders .... how about Byters ?

Bitnexus ...

Nexushares .....

Equibit-Shares

Wealthbit shares

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
On a related note, we have the financial center of the world on Wall Street. And then there's Pennsylvania Avenue (White House), K Street (the corrupt heart of Washington DC's lobbyists), and, of course, Main Street. Other countries and cities have their own place names like this, such as Downing Street in the U.K. In every U.S. election, the media is always talking about Wall Street versus Main Street.

This is a new industry, a new paradigm. What street is BitShares on? If I recall, there's a Progress Street in Blacksburg, VA. And an Innovation Drive. And a Ramble....no, we don't want that one. Price Fork Drive is compelling also!

I'd say, metaphorically at least, that BitShares could be on Progress Street. Wall Street's time has come and gone. Welcome to Progress Street. Other thoughts welcomed.

Easy Street?  :)
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline bytemaster

On a related note, we have the financial center of the world on Wall Street. And then there's Pennsylvania Avenue (White House), K Street (the corrupt heart of Washington DC's lobbyists), and, of course, Main Street. Other countries and cities have their own place names like this, such as Downing Street in the U.K. In every U.S. election, the media is always talking about Wall Street versus Main Street.

This is a new industry, a new paradigm. What street is BitShares on? If I recall, there's a Progress Street in Blacksburg, VA. And an Innovation Drive. And a Ramble....no, we don't want that one. Price Fork Drive is compelling also!

I'd say, metaphorically at least, that BitShares could be on Progress Street. Wall Street's time has come and gone. Welcome to Progress Street. Other thoughts welcomed.

Why do I get a walgreens commercial in my head?  At the corner of Progress & Innovation?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BhYhyAaxrs
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile

Offline BldSwtTrs

• View Profile
Why not Digital Market? It makes everything digital.

bitbro

Look,
It's a bank...
It's an crypto-currency...
It's SuperBank!

Faster than a speeding bitcoin...
More stable than a lump-o-gold...
Able to fill tall orders in a single match...

You came up with DAC...

Creating the name for this type of market may be even more important

bitbro

I suggest -BitShares X.

I second this.

Too late to change now.

No one has suggested a change.  We are talking about a the name of a class of DAC not the DAC itself

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Allow me to rephrase; Imagine there are four or five alt-BitSharesx's, what is this class of market called?

DAX - Decentralized Autonomous eXchange (s)

Offline yellowecho

Allow me to rephrase; Imagine there are four or five alt-BitSharesx's, what is this class of market called?

Equity-backed derivative market?
Though that isn't accurate either as it has several other functions.
696c6f766562726f776e696573

Ggozzo

I suggest -BitShares X.

I second this.

Too late to change now.

Offline bytemaster

Look,
It's a bank...
It's an crypto-currency...
It's SuperBank!

Faster than a speeding bitcoin...
More stable than a lump-o-gold...
Able to fill tall orders in a single match...
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 06:35:40 pm by bytemaster »
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline bytemaster

Not an Exchange... an ExraStrange... err.. no.

bitbro

Offline kripeecakes

• View Profile
Bitworld
New world
Bitmatrix

I like Bitshares ... it connotes and dovetails into the stock market ....

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

I suggest -BitShares X.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
New Economy Market?
Taken by a NXT clone ... or close to (they use movement instead of market)

what about
iMarket ... (just kidding)

- MarketX
- TheMarket
- MX ?

bitbro

That's what I am proposing to BM and the community, Luckybit, we should "pick one." No need to be short.

I do not think "x-treme" would be a good monicker due to the reference to extreme, which is not an informative adjective. "New economy" is also probably not a good monicker as it is too vague.

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
X-treme Market?
New Economy Market?
Pick one.

bitbro

I was reading posts on Truthcoin forum referencing the "tomorrow market" that MIT students are proposing.

This lead me to ask, what is the general market name for BitShares X?  Prediction market doesn't truly fit, or does it? Tomorrow market? Bucket shop? Parallel Market?

If this is a hidden marketing secret, by all means keep it under wraps...