Author Topic: P2P/F2F marketing, door to door, cold calls, emails  (Read 1959 times)

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
I could see having a simple commission or referral bonus, or even an Amway-style pyramid of incentives, kick in when someones referrals download a wallet and fund an address. Issues: 1) How could anyone verify it was a new person and not an existing user with a new wallet/address? 2) As others have noted, who would pay for this campaign? I've posted many times that I would donate to a pool for additional marketing initiatives. Would others donate also? There seem to be only a handful of us on here who really appreciate marketing and are willing to make sacrifices to spread the word.

anybody know if we have progress on this direction?
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=4880.msg64173#msg64173

Offline gamey

• View Profile
You need some form of filter to select the people interested first.  Door 2 door selling crypto-equities?   What is the expected "conversion rate" there? 
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
I could see having a simple commission or referral bonus, or even an Amway-style pyramid of incentives, kick in when someone's referrals download a wallet and fund an address. Issues: 1) How could anyone verify it was a new person and not an existing user with a new wallet/address? 2) As others have noted, who would pay for this campaign? I've posted many times that I would donate to a pool for additional marketing initiatives. Would others donate also? There seem to be only a handful of us on here who really appreciate marketing and are willing to make sacrifices to spread the word. 

bitbro

You'd need an incentive system and that would probably  be commission based. What conversions would you track in order to pay commission? 

I only see this working if we have a marketing company with funds hire people to do this. That company would be funded and liable to pay out commissions.  That begs the question, how would the marketing company be funded?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
emailing your university's comsci department faculty and students would be a good idea.  but it should not look like you're spamming tho.

Mormons, Jehovah witnesses, and insurance salesmen go door to door. For certain DACs is that an approach we could take?
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline lucky331

• View Profile
emailing your university's comsci department faculty and students would be a good idea.  but it should not look like you're spamming tho. 

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
I think this part of the marketing campaign is missing and needs to go into effect.
We should facilitate and incentivize people who bring in new players into the ecosystem.

How can we do that? If Bitshares can be mined that is but one way, but we need others.

How about cold calling, emailing, facebook, etc?

We should have some standard material to help people come up with pitches, and show them the basics of cold calling or direct P2P marketing. How do we even bring the subject up to our peers who aren't interested in it?
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 12:03:14 pm by luckybit »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads