Author Topic: is there Any Determined plan for PTS??? Aug 21 is nearby  (Read 1700 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
toast just started a thread about PTS->DPOS:
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=9548.msg124120#msg124120

I am not sure if it makes sense to have a full-featured clone of BTSX .. but maybe just a first 'altcoin' based on the DPOS tech ... with .. say 2 minutes block time and 50 or so delegates

Offline fuzzy

ok  i deleted reply  in other  thread

Because the existing way of delivery  PTS  is not conform to the interests of the shareholders

Pretty sure PTS was based on bitcoin code just as a means of "diversifying" their tech portfolio until such a time as it no longer required it.  Seems like they are considering it now though.  I agree PTS should be DPOS...that would make PTS very sexy imho.
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline sudo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: ags
ok  i deleted reply  in other  thread

Because the existing way of delivery  PTS  is not conform to the interests of the shareholders

Offline Empirical1.1

• View Profile
again  poor pts

one month +  passed  any  progress ?

Why bump two threads on the same subject?

Edit: I haven't used it lately, I know it can be slow though and as such is bad advertising for BitShares.
I also guess/agree there should be a plan.

« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 02:47:08 pm by Empirical1.1 »

Offline sudo

• View Profile
again  poor pts

one month +  passed  any  progress ?

Offline sudo

• View Profile
Our recommendation has been to announce a PTS snapshot after testz has prepared a rebranded client.

You keep suggesting august 21st as snapshot. Do you realize that difficulty will already have gone back up that this point? August 21st vs 22nd vs 23rd makes almost no difference because network will be slow as heck.  We need *much* more time and exposure for people to be clear about when the snapshot is - 3 days is not enough.

ok  select a certain time to snapshot
change to dpos
when  btsx stable   embedded pts  into btsx

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Our recommendation has been to announce a PTS snapshot after testz has prepared a rebranded client.

You keep suggesting august 21st as snapshot. Do you realize that difficulty will already have gone back up that this point? August 21st vs 22nd vs 23rd makes almost no difference because network will be slow as heck.  We need *much* more time and exposure for people to be clear about when the snapshot is - 3 days is not enough.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I kindly ask you not to open new threads about that issue .. one thread (per language) is enough to discuss it.
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=7074.0
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=6084.0

Offline sudo

• View Profile
miss Aug21

one possible  PTS network  remain POW like a junk
another  we need another snapshot to change

Offline sudo

• View Profile
pow just like a Blood drawing machine

It's a pitty BTS vote  can't be used right now for all PTS holder to choose the future.

why not do this :
1.snapshot aug21(use the same snapshot with DNS&vote)
2.embedded pts into bitshares x as a Bitasset(new bitshares client)
3.give back the rest pts(300K+) to the ags donater(use pts) & pts keepers(snapshot)  by the shares percent
4.let people get pts in bitshares x  through the private key(like get btsx)

then  we can trede  directly   pts-cny、pts-btsx     in  bitsharesx  instead of  btc38 or bter

PTS as a bitasset  in bitsharesx
we can trade pts-bts  pts-cny  in low fees   instead of  btc38  0.1%fee
direct  pts-bts   not  pts-cny  cny-bts  in btc38  with  fee 0.2%

pts  is just a liquid  stock rights ,why not  chang into a bitasset  in Bitsharesx market?

if PTS(dpos) a new client  there will be  101+ new  delegate   & payment  is a waste

pts  as a asset in bitshares X with 2m total num is equal to AGS
but if  pts is a single  dpos ,  when it burns after few years, maybe  pts1.5m, AGS sitll 2m, it's not fair, that's a Naked plunder to agser
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 03:08:45 pm by sudo »