Author Topic: 0.4.4 & 270000  (Read 1335 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

I recommend delegates hold off launching BitAssets until Friday while we prepare a few last minute safety features.

1) We are going to tighten up the allowable margin call range to within 10% of the average price rather than 30% based upon a new profitable market manipulation attack we discovered.  This change will protect shorts from being prematurely called by someone manipulating the market. 

2) We are going to tighten up the maximum allowable short to be 10% above the average price for similar reasons, this time to make sure initial positions are well collateralized relative to the average price. 

3) We are going to add a few more sanity checks to make sure that a market problem cannot disrupt the rest of the networks operation. 

The hard fork will execute as planned to day, but delegates should not provide the feeds required until these changes are provided.

As much as we want BitAssets I think a 2 day delay for a smoother launch is better than rushing out these fixes in hours.
+5%

How identified the bug and will get you 6kbitUSD? Couldnt follow lately

Offline bytemaster

I recommend delegates hold off launching BitAssets until Friday while we prepare a few last minute safety features.

1) We are going to tighten up the allowable margin call range to within 10% of the average price rather than 30% based upon a new profitable market manipulation attack we discovered.  This change will protect shorts from being prematurely called by someone manipulating the market. 

2) We are going to tighten up the maximum allowable short to be 10% above the average price for similar reasons, this time to make sure initial positions are well collateralized relative to the average price. 

3) We are going to add a few more sanity checks to make sure that a market problem cannot disrupt the rest of the networks operation. 

The hard fork will execute as planned to day, but delegates should not provide the feeds required until these changes are provided.

As much as we want BitAssets I think a 2 day delay for a smoother launch is better than rushing out these fixes in hours.   

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.