Author Topic: Who here wants to BUY BitUSD and at what price?  (Read 6402 times)

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: jademont
Is there any potential exchange or gateway to trade USD and BitUSD?

The value of BitUSD recognized by market also depends on how much merchants are using them, like BTC. We need endorsement from big merchants.
BTS committee member:jademont

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
I.e. BitUSD at least at first is supposed to be way more stable.

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
I think a better way to think about it is that you are selling or buying BTSX. After all BTSX captures both the volatilities of BTC and BitUSD.

merockstar

I don't plan to buy bitUSD right away. I want to wait until the first clear BTSX bubble.

edit: unless a bitUSD is selling for something obscene like a 25 or 50 cents. then I might buy some.

I may short some into existence if I'm able to catch it immediately after launch.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 05:15:32 am by merockstar »

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Riverhead

So it'd be like how PTS carried over to BitsharesX as BTSX?

Offline bytemaster

It is possible to do a snapshot to BitUSD and USD proportional to market cap.  You would end up with a stake in new systems, but the USD position would not carry over.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline bytemaster

Actually if the first ever bitUSD can be somehow marked as being the ONE, I am ready to pay some good money for it!

$75 is my first offer!

[EDIT] OK, I though out I plan how to do it and then have a proof. Hope it works.

Oh yeah... this could get interesting.   Place the maximum short possible given the median fee, then place the lowest ask... you are sure to get it... but will pay a hefty fee.  Who ever pays the most overlap will get it.

What happens to BitUSD in the event of a Btsx hard fork?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BitUSD is safe in all hard forks..

bitbro

Actually if the first ever bitUSD can be somehow marked as being the ONE, I am ready to pay some good money for it!

$75 is my first offer!

[EDIT] OK, I though out I plan how to do it and then have a proof. Hope it works.

Oh yeah... this could get interesting.   Place the maximum short possible given the median fee, then place the lowest ask... you are sure to get it... but will pay a hefty fee.  Who ever pays the most overlap will get it.

What happens to BitUSD in the event of a Btsx hard fork?

Offline bytemaster

$75 is my first offer!

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

$75 is my first offer!

« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 03:16:38 am by tonyk »
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

Another very important reason that I can't hold much bitusd is
If btsx is failed. and you release a new bitshares X, or other chain, all the bitUSD worth nothing, right?
new chain only honer XTS holder

This needs to be addressed.  If true BitUSD is significantly more risky

Yes, I have always thought that future chains should honor not only BTSX but also collateralized  assets (somehow).
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

bitbro

If btsx is failed. and you release a new bitshares X, or other chain, all the bitUSD worth nothing, right?

This needs to be addressed.  If true BitUSD is significantly more risky

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi

Offline Riverhead

It'll be a different game for the bots with 5 second average trade time and pay per request not just pay per fill.