Author Topic: All users, please upgrade your client version to 0.4.4  (Read 17386 times)

Offline Riverhead

wait a min. now i discovered that if i  simply clicked on the bitsharesx icon my wallet won't open. i have to copy and paste the dll to open my wallet is that normal?

Basically what happened is they didn't include the .dll with the other .dll's in the install package so we have to drop it in there manually. The BitSharesX client needs it to run. So yes, this is not normal but it's what has to be done for this release.

The bleeding edge is bloody :).

Offline cryptkeeper

• View Profile
wait a min. now i discovered that if i  simply clicked on the bitsharesx icon my wallet won't open. i have to copy and paste the dll to open my wallet is that normal?

Offline cryptkeeper

• View Profile
I got it up running thanks river and testz. will there be anymore updates anytime soon?

Offline bobmaloney

now it appears to be stuck

Is it reindexing?

Open up the %AppData%\BitsharesX folder and sort by date. You can watch the time stamps change to know if it's working or not. The reindex takes a long time.

Both of mine were stuck on different blocks while reindexing - 0.4.4 reinstall took care of it.
"The crows seemed to be calling his name, thought Caw."
- Jack Handey (SNL)

Offline Riverhead

Is it reindexing?

Open up the %AppData%\BitsharesX folder and sort by date. You can watch the time stamps change to know if it's working or not. The reindex takes a long time.

Offline bobmaloney

Is it reindexing?

I had the problem on both machines after installing dll - uninstall and reinstall 0.4.4, uncheck run box, verify that dll is properly installed, then launch BTSX again.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 10:22:33 pm by bobmaloney »
- Jack Handey (SNL)

Offline cryptkeeper

• View Profile
now it appears to be stuck. should I just exit out and start over again or let it run its course?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 10:21:08 pm by cryptkeeper »

Offline Riverhead

I got the client up and running, I don't know how but at the bottom it says reindexing database. is that a good sign?
Yup!

Offline DACSunlimited

• View Profile
I got the client up and running, I don't know how but at the bottom it says reindexing database. is that a good sign?

Yes, it is supposed.

Offline cryptkeeper

• View Profile

Offline bobmaloney

I deleted my the btsx client and installed the crashrpt402dll. When I try to open the crash report its showing an error. I tried reinstalling the latest btsx wallet and it says the crashrpt402dll is missing. Now I wished I hadn't deleted my btsx wallet. Luckily I have a back up. Right now I'm just trying to get my btsx wallet up and running again with the update. Can anybody walk me through this?

Same problem here.

Tested with Win7/32 & Win7/64 machines.
Uninstalled BitsharesX on Win7/32 before install.
Overlaid BitsharesX on Win7/64.
Same error (crashrpt402dll missing) on both machines.

You can download the .dll from DACSunlimited. There's a link in this thread somewhere.

Your folder should like this when done. Maybe even run the EXE from this folder to make sure you're running the right one.

This worked on both machines.

Thanks to you and testz
- Jack Handey (SNL)

Ggozzo

My client (0.4.4 Windows) has been stuck at block 258808 for a few hours now and keeps cycling between "Not connected" and syncing. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling - no dice. Any suggestions?

Same thing here. Did you get a fix?

Offline cryptkeeper

• View Profile
mine doesn't have exe at the end it just says bitshares x and bitshares client no .exe

Ggozzo

I upgraded last night. Everything worked fine until about 2 or 3 hours ago while I was at work.

the client wont connect. every 1-2 minutes it connects with 2 connections then stops.

The bottom of the GUI is gray and says Not Connected. I obviously have an internet connection since you are reading this. I have tried to set network parameters, nothing happened. Added nodes, nothing happened.

Re-downloaded 0.4.4 and the same thing. 

Any Clues?