Author Topic: I love those prices... For the first time better than pre-launch  (Read 7495 times)

Offline Riverhead

What would be handy to know is what are the exchanges BTSX reserves looking like.

Coinport publishes them: https://www.coinport.com/coin/BTSX

My thinking is that if the reserves are high the dump theory has more strength. I don't know enough to tell if 2.8M BTSX balance on Coinport is a lot or not. They are a new exchange so volumes are very low.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Each share months from now should be worth 50cents -> $1 range. The fact that they are going for a few cent a piece is an opportunity of a lifetime.

Really? That would make a hundred or so people on this forum millionaires. Who knows what will happen, but there will be major dumping before we reach that price level. I think there is lots of dreaming going on in these parts.

Oh, and IMHO we can only reach that price level if BitUSD actually gets used for real merchant activity and not just as a hedge against BTSX.

I do not know either, but sellers are disappearing bunch. Less and less of them by the minute...
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline yellowecho

Once we are ready to pull the trigger. Doing prelim stuff, getting pages and funnels built now, then it's gonna get really interesting.  I would give a time frame but that is a little premature.  I have a timeframe, just don't want to be held to the coals on it just in case there is a hiccup.

+5% !
696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline Riverhead

I think there is lots of dreaming going on in these parts.

Oh, and IMHO we can only reach that price level if BitUSD actually gets used for real merchant activity and not just as a hedge against BTSX.

Dreaming for sure. I am hopeful but trying to stay grounded. This is the sort of thing that happens to other people :P .

That said I bet there are a ton of people that see this as Bitcoin 2.0 and they are not going to miss the train this time around. Of course, this time there are many trains leaving at different times. I think the market is big enough for it.

However the dust settles it's not boring and I'm enjoying the euphoria of a chance at financial independence. For me it's not about money it's about time. I've only got so much time left on this miserable rock and I'd rather spend that time doing what I please rather than punching a clock.

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
Each share months from now should be worth 50cents -> $1 range. The fact that they are going for a few cent a piece is an opportunity of a lifetime.

Really? That would make a hundred or so people on this forum millionaires. Who knows what will happen, but there will be major dumping before we reach that price level. I think there is lots of dreaming going on in these parts.

« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 10:16:11 pm by trader »

Offline Murderistic

• View Profile
Once we are ready to pull the trigger. Doing prelim stuff, getting pages and funnels built now, then it's gonna get really interesting.  I would give a time frame but that is a little premature.  I have a timeframe, just don't want to be held to the coals on it just in case there is a hiccup.

Offline yellowecho

No promises, but just wait until we are done with the marketing project we are working on, I think price will go 200-500x in no time.

Very excited to hear more about this!  When will you be disclosing more info?
696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile
Best ask at 0.0000252 BTC/BTSX on BTC38;
Best ask at 0.00002575 BTC/BTSX on BTER;

:)

Bitshares can easily get a billion dollar market cap. Auroracoin managed to do it and so did Ripple

Aurora and Ripple had fake billion dollar valuations imo but yes I agree, BitAssets could get us there easily.

Edit: I mean easily in a short space of time. BitAssets are much bigger than that.

Bitcoin just served as a prelude for BTSX & BitAssets imo.

« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 09:05:33 pm by Empirical1 »

Offline Murderistic

• View Profile
No promises, but just wait until we are done with the marketing project we are working on, I think price will go 200-500x in no time.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

I think we will cause increase in the BTC price above $600, maybe even over my 3 mo. old resistance price of $680...
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
Best ask at 0.0000252 BTC/BTSX on BTC38;
Best ask at 0.00002575 BTC/BTSX on BTER;

:)

Bitshares can easily get a billion dollar market cap. Auroracoin managed to do it and so did Ripple

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline bytemaster

Hai BTS friends, I am interested in your discussion about prices of BTSX. May I ask you gentleman if you are buying and holding BTSX so you can sell the BTSX at a later date for a profit, or are you buying so you can utilize it for the different Bitshares projects and DAC that are going to be released? Sorry if my question is strange, I am very new to BitShares, and I don't have a complete understanding of it yet.

Thanks!
                =^   ^=
               ~  '     '   ~
                     ^

Think of it like owning stock in the Federal Reserve...  the value of BTSX is 3x or more the value of all BitAssets created.  Demand for BitAssets is projected to be huge once it is proven.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline dankeykang

• View Profile
    • Marie's Meows
Hai BTS friends, I am interested in your discussion about prices of BTSX. May I ask you gentleman if you are buying and holding BTSX so you can sell the BTSX at a later date for a profit, or are you buying so you can utilize it for the different Bitshares projects and DAC that are going to be released? Sorry if my question is strange, I am very new to BitShares, and I don't have a complete understanding of it yet.

Thanks!
                =^   ^=
               ~  '     '   ~
                     ^

Bitshares X account:  mwpeace

Please checkout my cat shelter, http://mariesmeows.wix.com/alliancerescues

Offline Riverhead

I'm not sure how they compare with Bitstamp. An ACH pull takes a few days which I think is standard, a push back to my USD bank seems to happen over night or second day. It takes a bit to ramp up to good sized transactions though. Anyway, worth a look. I've been very pleased with their support staff; fast and competent.

Offline Riverhead

Is the coinbase's rate $/BTC good?

Yes.  It's pretty much market rates. I would say BTC's natural volatility washes out their buying/selling spread.

https://bitcoinwisdom.com/markets/coinbase/btcusd