Author Topic: BTSX takes aim: NXT is next!  (Read 7660 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Everyone goes to the bar everyone's at because everyone is there.
+5%

Offline Riverhead

As BM implied earlier this is sort of a self fulfilling market. The worst thing that could have happened is that they built it and no one came. Well, they are arriving in droves which should provide enough market action to sustain itself.

Everyone goes to the bar everyone's at because everyone is there.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

Offline G1ng3rBr34dM4n

Overtook Ripple.

WOW, did not expect that to happen today.

Offline skymath

• View Profile
btsx: skymath

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Looks like there are <200 BTC worth of sell walls to take this all the way to $50 million.

As in you couldn't spend $100 000 or buy at market without pushing BTSX past 50 million.

Not sure where the walls are, but we've added well more than $100K in market cap since your posting.

If you look on BTC38 and Bter there are less than 5 million BTSX for sale atm below $50 million CAP.

So you can't buy 5 million BTSX right now without pushing it past $50 million.

(Edit: In practice more sellers will come in as BTSX rises, but from a trading point of view it's a very good sign that there are so few sellers now.)

I totally agree. I will go a step further- It is unwise to put yourself in front of an object moving with the speed of March 3.
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Gotcha. Ain't it about time BigVern got in on this?

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile
Looks like there are <200 BTC worth of sell walls to take this all the way to $50 million.

As in you couldn't spend $100 000 or buy at market without pushing BTSX past 50 million.

Not sure where the walls are, but we've added well more than $100K in market cap since your posting.

If you look on BTC38 and Bter there are less than 5 million BTSX for sale atm below $50 million CAP.

So you can't buy 5 million BTSX right now without pushing it past $50 million.

(Edit: In practice more sellers will come in as BTSX rises, but from a trading point of view it's a very good sign that there are so few sellers now.)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 07:20:51 pm by Empirical1 »

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile

Offline Riverhead

Almost 70% of the volume coming from BTC38's BTSX-CNY pair. Doesn't China ever sleep?

Only 2AM.  They're just getting home from the bars! :)

I have no idea if that's true, I have no knowledge of actual Chinese night life but it's a big f'ing place so I'm sure someone is just getting home from a bar.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Almost 70% of the volume coming from BTC38's BTSX-CNY pair. Doesn't China ever sleep?

Offline skymath

• View Profile
It's booming, great volume.
btsx: skymath

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile
Big move  :) $930 000 24hr volume that says a lot!  8)

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
OK, then, I'll break this one out. Every time I hear Ripple, I think of the Grateful Dead song. Here's one of the more coherent parts, perhaps applicable to BitShares.

There is a road, no simple highway,
Between the dawn and the dark of night,
And if you go no one may follow,
That path is for your steps alone.

Ripple in still water,
When there is no pebble tossed,
Nor wind to blow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JT8zLTaKxeE
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 04:15:50 pm by donkeypong »

Offline MktDirector

• View Profile
Good one, donkeypong. ha

Offline Overthetop

个人微博账号: Overthetop_万里晴空
“块链创新与创业”交流群: 330378613

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Ripple, Ripple
Fair and tall
Who's the next target
On the wall?

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 12:13:51 pm by cass »
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
next stop: Ripple+5% 8)

Offline testz

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline bitmont

• View Profile

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso
PPS: NXT is not even in top10

NXT usually doesn't have a whole lot of volume. They've had very little selling overall. I think BTSX is going to dwarf NXT by many magnitudes, but we should aim for that same sort of loyalty.

Loyalty must be deserved, in order for it to be deserved it must be earned.  The team here is striving to make every day better than the last in all things, from marketing, to programming, to user experience, and more.  No doubts here that we will garner the support we need.

Offline Murderistic

• View Profile

NXT usually doesn't have a whole lot of volume. They've had very little selling overall. I think BTSX is going to dwarf NXT by many magnitudes, but we should aim for that same sort of loyalty.

Loyalty must be deserved, in order for it to be deserved it must be earned.  The team here is striving to make every day better than the last in all things, from marketing, to programming, to user experience, and more.  No doubts here that we will garner the support we need.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

merockstar

true emski....   I guess I've been hanging out with bytemaster too much lately....the more I do the more puns I use.  And the more my brain hurts.

spoken like a non-redditor.

Offline MktDirector

• View Profile
well our volume just surpassed half a million today so could happen by the morning....trend in the charts looks strong.  I remember the olden days (last week) when we were at $50,000/day volume and I was thinking, man, cant wait for us to be at $150k/day. 

Offline Riverhead

Does anybody thinks that will have to wait till tomorrow (ET) for this to happen? :)

It's 7:21AM in China right now. I think there is another pop incoming.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Does anybody thinks that will have to wait till tomorrow (ET) for this to happen? :)

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile
NXT has had very little buying demand on the exchanges since the bter thing. I think they're in a lot of trouble short term anyway, looks like they're trying to maintain a floor at 0.000065. https://bter.com/trade/nxt_btc  So no.4 spot will be easy

I wouldn't be surprised to see no.3 very soon actually  :)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 11:42:23 pm by Empirical1 »

Offline Murderistic

• View Profile
Turn up the AC, it's getting hot in here!

Offline MktDirector

• View Profile
true emski....   I guess I've been hanging out with bytemaster too much lately....the more I do the more puns I use.  And the more my brain hurts.

Offline emski

• View Profile
    • http://lnkd.in/nPbhxG
Don't only look at the market cap.
BitsharesX is already #4 by 24hour market volume. Right after Bitcoin, Litecoin and Darkcoin.
PS: See how far back is Dogecoin
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 09:12:19 pm by emski »

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

Offline MktDirector

• View Profile
Another day like today (20%+ gain) and we'll surpass NXT to slide into the #4 spot.  NXT is Next!
B

http://coinmarketcap.com/