Author Topic: BTSX 0.4.12 Released - Mandatory Upgrade by Sept. 5 19:00 UTC  (Read 18034 times)

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
Hey guys, i left dacsunlimited client untouched since 0.4.8 or 0.4.9 dont remember,
so my question is - is it safe to upgrade to 0.4.12 now, because im worried of possible bugs and is it safe to transfer funds from BTC 28.02 snapshot by this release?

from which wallet has you donated?

i would say in general yes. just export your wallet before you update and everything should be fine.

if you need to import from amory it is a pain in the ass.

Offline hasher

• View Profile
Hey guys, i left dacsunlimited client untouched since 0.4.8 or 0.4.9 dont remember,
so my question is - is it safe to upgrade to 0.4.12 now, because im worried of possible bugs and is it safe to transfer funds from BTC 28.02 snapshot by this release?

iHashFury

Code: [Select]
network_add_node "188.226.195.137:60696" add
Running 0.4.12

Offline werneo

• View Profile
    • chronicle of the precession of simulacra
  • BitShares: werneo
I downloaded the 64bit version from github and installed:
BitSharesX-0.4.12-x64.exe

After the database reindexed the wallet then tried to connect to the network. At that point I got an error:

"BitsharesX.exe has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

It was working under version 0.4.10

The PC is running Windows 8.1
64 bit OS, x64 based processor

Any thoughts?

The Win 64bit is reported to have some problem. You may try the 32bit instead.

Thanks, that worked.

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube

After the database reindexed the wallet then tried to connect to the network. At that point I got an error:

"BitsharesX.exe has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

Any thoughts?

The Win 64bit is reported to have some problem. You may try the 32bit instead.
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline werneo

• View Profile
    • chronicle of the precession of simulacra
  • BitShares: werneo

Any thoughts?

Offline cube

• View Profile
I was testing a transaction after the successful update.   I get this result:

cube (unlocked) >>> wallet_get_transaction c7126cfe
RECEIVED            BLOCK     FROM                TO                  AMOUNT                  MEMO                                        FEE                 ID
======================================================================================================================================================================
2014-09-06T00:57:25 PENDING   bitcube             bitcube             1.60000 BTSX                                                        0.10000 BTSX        c7126cfe

It is 'pending' and the balance not updated.

Offline cube

• View Profile

Offline valzav

• View Profile

same problem here..

win 7 64Bit...

but 64 bit wallet do not work!!!

error msgbox on opening.

cryptillionaire,
What is exact error message you've got?

Offline maqifrnswa

• View Profile
I keep crashing on one my my machines while syncing with the chain at some block 16 days ago:
bitshares_client: /build/buildd/bitsharesx-0.4.12/libraries/fc/include/fc/optional.hpp:197: T* fc::optional<T>::operator->() [with T = bts::blockchain::market_order]: Assertion `_valid' failed.

sorry for not enough detail, I'm still debugging

Make sure you build in RELEASE mode.   It is known not to work in DEBUG mode.   The fix for DEBUG mode is implemented but didn't make it into 0.4.12.

Conclusions of testing:
Release works OK
Debug doesn't (like bytemaster said)
RelWithDebInfo (the default on my system, at least) does not work <-- that was my problem

If you explicitly do -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release, it was fine
maintains an Ubuntu PPA: https://launchpad.net/~showard314/+archive/ubuntu/bitshares [15% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval maqifrnswa true [50% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval delegate1.maqifrnswa true

Offline maqifrnswa

• View Profile
Would you please help me to  vote "usa" to be a delegate?  +5% +5% +5% :) :) :)
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=8148.0

Thanks. I will burn some of my income and donate to charity in m local church for pool kid in Africa

This comment is not directly aimed at you, but there are quite a few delegate claiming to give to charity. Some (xeroc) are more trustworthy than others, at some point donation plans will need to be more concrete/explicit. I think a delegates #1 job now is to fight through bugs and keep the infrastructure running and growing.
maintains an Ubuntu PPA: https://launchpad.net/~showard314/+archive/ubuntu/bitshares [15% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval maqifrnswa true [50% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval delegate1.maqifrnswa true

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline jernau

• View Profile
I'd be interested to know how to compile with clang myself .. can you give a quick howto?

It's really simple on Arch (but what isn't, really? :D). Just `pacman -Sy clang` and then `export CC=clang;export CXX=clang++` before running `make`.
Thanks modprobe and xeroc. Compiling now with clang :)
PTS: PgiEykg2RATYwWYhFtyNRqwSxQyEApLSmW

Offline CalabiYau

« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 03:16:23 pm by CalabiYau »

Offline bytemaster

how much free ram to run wallet?

maybe this is the problem?

Right now on OS X it is using 1GB of ram.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.