Author Topic: About wallet_publish_version command  (Read 5001 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I figured that out yesterday too .. took me to figure out why my delegates didn't broadcast feeds ... could have posted the solution already .. i appologize

Offline Fox

@xeroc:
It took me some trial and error before I could work out the proper syntax.  Here is my latest update:
Code: [Select]
wallet_publish_feeds fox [["USD",0.0341],["CNY",0.2040]]
Witness: fox

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
delegate (locked) >>> help wallet_publish_price_feed
Usage:
wallet_publish_price_feed <delegate_account> <price> <asset_symbol>                                   publishes a price feed for BitAssets, only active delegates may do this
publishes a price feed for BitAssets, only active delegates may do this

Parameters:
  delegate_account (account_name, required): the delegate to publish the price under
  price (real_amount, required): the number of this asset per XTS
  asset_symbol (asset_symbol, required): the type of asset being priced

Returns:
  transaction_record
delegate (locked) >>> help wallet_publish_price_feeds
0 exception: unspecified
No help available for command "wallet_publish_price_feeds"
    {"command":"wallet_publish_price_feeds"}
    th_a  rpc_server.cpp:623 help

{}
    th_a  common_api_client.cpp:2163 help

{"command":"help"}
    th_a  cli.cpp:555 execute_command
delegate (locked) >>> wallet_publish_price_feeds
Error: invalid command "wallet_publish_price_feeds"

I am on 0.4.15rc1

Offline boombastic

• View Profile
    • AngelShares Explorer
wallet_publish_feeds delegate_account [["USD",0.xxxx],["BTC",0.xxxx],["GLD",0.xxx]]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
http://bitshares.dacplay.org/r/boombastic
Support My Witness: mr.agsexplorer
BTC: 1Bb6V1UStz45QMAamjaX8rDjsnQnBpHvE8

Offline svk

That's nothing, the real cost is paying to update price feeds every 1% change over multiple currencies.  That's why the delegates get paid though right?  Even with an 80% burn rate I'm able to pay these transaction fees and still come out in the black long term so far.  Seems fair to me.

You can publish multiple feeds in a single transaction.
Xeroc asked already but think you missed it: is there an API call for this?

The current wallet_publish_price_feed command appears to only take a single price and feed as input, would be awesome to be able to publish multiple feeds by passing an array or object though.

I should've looked harder, for reference the command is:

wallet_publish_feeds <delegate_account> <symbol_to_price_map>
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 11:13:33 am by svk »
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline bytemaster

If every delegate updates version and updates 3 feeds once.  that's 2 BTSX per delegate X 101 = 202 BTSX
These transactions fees are then paid to the delegates. Assuming 20% burn (~40BTSX) leaves 162 BTSX paid to delegates.

So you spend 2BTSX to update and get 1.62BTSX back as delegate pay.  Not so bad.

Obviously there are differences in feed update frequency and combined feed update efficiencies that may skew individual results. 

I don't think these update fees are an issue.  Even if they were much higher, your just paying yourself to do it. It only costs a delegate the collective burn rate.

It subsidizes the lazy delegates at the expense of pro-active delegates.     
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Xeldal

If every delegate updates version and updates 3 feeds once.  that's 2 BTSX per delegate X 101 = 202 BTSX
These transactions fees are then paid to the delegates. Assuming 20% burn (~40BTSX) leaves 162 BTSX paid to delegates.

So you spend 2BTSX to update and get 1.62BTSX back as delegate pay.  Not so bad.

Obviously there are differences in feed update frequency and combined feed update efficiencies that may skew individual results. 

I don't think these update fees are an issue.  Even if they were much higher, your just paying yourself to do it. It only costs a delegate the collective burn rate.

Offline king

• View Profile
Is it not an option to lower a little bit the "Transaction Fee (BTSX)" manualy at "Preferences"(gui) ? Am I missing something?
Sure .. you are free to do so .. unless you figure out that everything <0.1 BTSX will not work properly :-)

I made it myself. Do you think it's not ethical? I think it's ok. Let me known....
not really en ethical issue .. there are different things to consider:
- every btsx fee you pay will help delegates to be profitable
- a part of that fee is burned and comes as a profit for shareholders ...

I have not decided my own if its greedy or unethical to reduce the fee .. I will stick with .5 btsx just because .. it's still just a handful of $cents .. (although I send out feeds for 3 delegates and 4 currencies every 4 hours :-) ) .. income is still > costs :-)  -- even if I had only one active delegate .. (btw:  https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=7673.msg101741#msg101741 )

People will not only feel less fees to pay, but because of reasonable pay.
delegate revenues> costs, but these revenues should be used to promote the product in place of progress,
Thanks discussion, I now think is really necessary to pay, because it avoids publish spam
BTSX Account: mister
BTSX Delegate :sun.delegate.service,moon.delegate.service

Offline king

• View Profile
Thanks, I'm just discussing reasonable, including:
Question 1, when the delegate publish version info and update feed price, whether you need to pay?
Question 2, the delegate update, the need to manually execute the command wallet_publish_version, ability to automatically publish version?which will avoid some malicious behavior;

For Question 1, the above discussion has been very good;
I hope to discuss Question 2.
BTSX Account: mister
BTSX Delegate :sun.delegate.service,moon.delegate.service

Offline amencon

• View Profile
That's nothing, the real cost is paying to update price feeds every 1% change over multiple currencies.  That's why the delegates get paid though right?  Even with an 80% burn rate I'm able to pay these transaction fees and still come out in the black long term so far.  Seems fair to me.

Oh excellent.  Not only will this reduce the cost to publish feeds but will also remove any potential incentive for delegates NOT to publish feeds on additional assets.  Thanks.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

there's a call for this already?

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline amencon

• View Profile

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Is it not an option to lower a little bit the "Transaction Fee (BTSX)" manualy at "Preferences"(gui) ? Am I missing something?
Sure .. you are free to do so .. unless you figure out that everything <0.1 BTSX will not work properly :-)

I made it myself. Do you think it's not ethical? I think it's ok. Let me known....
not really en ethical issue .. there are different things to consider:
- every btsx fee you pay will help delegates to be profitable
- a part of that fee is burned and comes as a profit for shareholders ...

I have not decided my own if its greedy or unethical to reduce the fee .. I will stick with .5 btsx just because .. it's still just a handful of $cents .. (although I send out feeds for 3 delegates and 4 currencies every 4 hours :-) ) .. income is still > costs :-)  -- even if I had only one active delegate .. (btw:  https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=7673.msg101741#msg101741 )

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani