Author Topic: _  (Read 3724 times)

Offline lovejoy

• View Profile
    • Cryptofresh
  • BitShares: lovejoy
Greetings friends,

I'm a little behind the curve on making a proper introduction but thought I'd begin here in this thread since Vato has created such a great forum for introductions.  I'm delegate bits.  I have endeavored to answer all the questions below, and if there's anything else folks would like to know just ask.

About me: I'm just a tech savvy guy with a background in film production and political science. I have long been exploring the realms of the open source world, and have been something of a linux evangelist for 15 years or so.  I've been watching the evolution of block chain technology since the beginning and I think bitshares x is the most perfect expression of all that potential to date!

1. what for do you spend your delegates income? (e.g charity, VPS, beer etc.)

Given that the current price of BTSX is so low relative its enormous potential, delegate income is currently being thought of as investment rather than immediate income. While personal funds are being used to maintain the server and cover day to day efforts. As the network grows and delegate income rises, I intend to direct the lion's share of income towards outreach & adoption efforts, more on this in Q5.

2. whats your burn-rate and why?

At the moment I have a 0% burn rate, but I forsee a gradual transition to as much as 20% burn rate as the network continues to develop.  I feel that at this stage of the game it makes sense to help delegates secure and expand the network before beginning to reward shareholders in this way.  When we have succeeded in developing a robust network of delegates then increased burn rate will be of benefit to all shareholders.

3. where is your delegate located?

NYC and Zurich

4. whats your machine/connection/redundancy specs?

It's a VPS: 4G RAM; 200 GB SSD Storage; 4 CPU cores; 2TB Transfer/month
The backup machine is an identical server in a separate region.

When network grows up and we get to 10tps+ there will be a need for more powerful setup and work is in progress to prepare migration to a cloud server with fallback.

5. "short" up to 300 character description why are you running a delegate or many of them

This is history in the making, how could I not run a delegate? :)
I am committed to helping develop and expand the bitshares ecosystem.  The profound geopolitical implications alone have me onboard, and every Dev Hangout pretty much blows my mind.  I really want bitshares X to succeed and maintaining a reliable delegate is one way I can help keep the network strong.  Delegate income after server maintenance costs will be directed towards outreach and adoption efforts.  I've initiated the beginnings of a blog at bits.community, and I'm interested in providing value to the community through whatever format and content is most beneficial there. Drawing on my skills as a writer and filmmaker, I'm also interested in doing real world interviews and generating intriguing content to build the energy and momentum around Bitshares X.

6. are you related to other delegate operators?
bits and bitcoinerS are a two person team effort.  We provide redundancy for each other on a number of levels.

7. how many delegates are in your control?
Well, technically 1, but I provide redundancy for the other.

Ok, off to catch up on this Delegate Voice Hangout... So much to do!
Cheers, bits
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 05:28:42 pm by bits »

Offline amencon

• View Profile
Let me know if any more information is needed in the future, thanks.

Income funds will be held in wallet and used for costs where appropriate.  With a high burn rate most is being returned to stake holders, what is left over and not used to cover costs will be allocated to initiatives that are brought to my attention or I feel will help push Bitshares to success.

I have an 80% burn rate.  I think it is a safe assumption to assume that few will have a problem with my delegate using earned fee income to disburse back to stakeholders.  I plan to stick with a high burn rate until there is some kind of clear consensus of what Bitshares X users want to see.

Greater Phoenix area in Arizona in the US.

Local server, 16GB RAM, SSD HD, 150up/20down with unlimited bandwidth plus battery backup.

5. "short" up to 300 character description why are you running a delegate or many of them
I think it is a perfect opportunity to contribute to the Bitshares effort.  I hope to run my delegate how most Bitshares users would like their active delegates to be run.  The delegation is a critical piece of Bitshares X and in becoming one of the 101 I know there is at least one honest delegate for sure.  Hopefully with time, running an honest delegate will give the community trust in me and I will have further opportunities to help with various other projects.
No.
Only one delegate.  I only plan to ever have one delegate active as well.

This is an excellent initiative, thanks for taking the time.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

Offline doxymoron

• View Profile
I will use the income to pay for the server and also to host a backup of my own.
I have a 0% burn rate.  As I said before I will use the earned income to pay for the server, and I will use any extra to give to new users/friends/coworkers to get them started and show them about Bitshares.
My server is located in Canton, Ohio.
4 core Intel Xeon E5606, 8GB RAM, Ubuntu 14.04, hosted in a data center with backup power/generators
I have followed Bitshares for a long time now.  I mined PTS with every CPU I could find, when nobody else was, because I knew this would turn into something huge.  I want to be a part of that in any way I can, and I feel the best way to do so is to become a deleagate and keep Bitshares secure.
No I am not.
For now just one.
wallet_approve_delegate doxymoron-delegate
wallet_approve_delegate doxymoron-delegate
75% pay rate
BTSX: doxymoron

Ggozzo

Technically I have not spent any of the income. The VPS costs ~$40 a month and I am paying it out of my pocket at this point. I fully intend on recouping the cost, but I feel it would be foolish to "cash out" any BTSX at these levels.

Zero burn rate as it was unprofitable up until yesterday and I intend on spending profits on Marketing in my sector of the world.

Northern California.

VPS 2 core 4G RAM and will be upgrading soon if these current prices stabilize.

I have been actively trading in the stock market since 2007. Seeing how Wall St. owned the markets and had major advantage over the average investor, I never thought the playing field could be level until I came across this project.

No. But I do endorse many of them.

1. skyscraperfarms

Please vote for me. I am going to put a majority of profits into marketing efforts in my locale. I also only run ONE delegate and believe the 101 should be completely separate entities, unrelated in any fashion regardless of intentions.  Thanks!
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 06:08:27 pm by skyscraperfarms »

Offline CalabiYau

Thank you KettenBlog to introduce this service and the opportunity of posting this brief statement:

Maintenance expenses for dedicated servers.
5% for calabiyau  / 10% for neuronics. The goal is to provide efficient, stable & reliable delegates for the network and participate in the development of this game changing revolutionary technology. Therefore the main benefit goes to the community.

Switzerland
Dual Xeon / 16 GB / Ubuntu 14.04. / USV / Production  -  1 x Backup Machine
My interest is mainly in technology & science, therefore I have embraced the crypto-innovations with an open heart since the sunrise of Bitcoin.
"Joint venture" with the operator of "navis"
calabiyau & neuronics  (founder accounts)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 06:54:29 pm by CalabiYau »

Offline maqifrnswa

• View Profile
active delegate: maqifrnswa
stand-by delegate: delegate1.maqifrnswa

VPS & maintaining the unofficial Ubuntu PPA (which I'd be happy to help out or give to DACS Unlimited, but they haven't responded to yet)
https://launchpad.net/~showard314/+archive/ubuntu/bitshares

maqifrnswa: 15%, the 8th lowest of all active delegates because I believe in building BTSX reputation by returning value to BTSX holders
delegate1.maqifrnswa: 50%, because we're not allowed to raise payrates we have to create more delegates with higher payrates - this payrate is significantly below the current average payrate

maqifrnswa: new york, USA
delegate1.maqifrnswa: california, USA

primary: digital ocean scalable droplets
migration plan: as bitshares grows, I have  3 servers in USA in my personal control with 30 MB/s connection, 2-4 GB ram, 2-4 cores running Ubuntu 14.04

i love the combination of technology and economics, I have a PhD in electrical engineering with minor in economic policy analysis/financial markets. I'm a debian developer and founder of the debian bitcoin team. I want to make it as easy as possible for Ubuntu users to get the bitshares client.

no

1 active (maqifrnswa)
1 currently inactive (delegate1.maqifrnswa) [vote for me, please!]
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 01:20:48 am by maqifrnswa »
maintains an Ubuntu PPA: https://launchpad.net/~showard314/+archive/ubuntu/bitshares [15% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval maqifrnswa true [50% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval delegate1.maqifrnswa true

Offline boombastic

• View Profile
    • AngelShares Explorer

1. Pay for the cost of running the delegates
2. Pay for the development of http://agsexplorer.com
3. Support marketing effort for Bitshares ecosystem

At the moment, 0% burn-rate.  I believe instead of burning fees, using the fund for marketing efforts will bring greater benefit for all share holders, especially when Bitshares is still young and unfamiliar/unknown to the mass.

Currently located in Shanghai, China.

2 dedicated server (production and standby).  Switching when performing upgrade / maintenance.
1 Seed Node server
Spec:
E5620 2.4GHz 2x8core 12G(4Gx3) 1Tx6 (dedicated servers)
VPS: 2 CPU Core, 2G Memory, 500G Storage (seed node server)
Connection: 100M dedicated bandwidth hosted in IDC

agsexplorer.com has been providing stable third party service for monitoring AngelShares donation process during the 200 days campaign, and we will continue maintaining the site to track future DAC snapshots and update AngelShares holder's balance.

You can find the campaign thread here: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=5944.0

No

agsexplorer.com team controls 2 delegates
Code: [Select]
mr.agsexplorer
mrs.agsexplorer

and I personally maintain 1 delegate
boombastic
Please vote for our delegates:
wallet_account_set_approval mr.agsexplorer true
wallet_account_set_approval mrs.agsexplorer true

or if you have GUI client installed, just click the links below

Approve mr.agsexplorer
Approve mrs.agsexplorer
http://bitshares.dacplay.org/r/boombastic
Support My Witness: mr.agsexplorer
BTC: 1Bb6V1UStz45QMAamjaX8rDjsnQnBpHvE8

Offline 麥可貓

• View Profile

Hello, we are the Sun team (for more information, please see here)

In cooperation with btc38.com, the biggest PTS/BTSX exchange in the world,  we plan to contribute 30% of our monthly delegation profits to the community.
Meanwhile,  up to 20% of our monthly delegation profits will be used for fund raising for charities held in www.EternalSpring.org.

Currently, the average active delegate pay rate is 84.98%. We decided to set pay-rate to  90% because we need to support charity.

Our servers (one main server and one hot backup server) are located in China.

VPS: http://www.aliyun.com/ CPU: Dual core Xeon E5-2630, Ram: 2G

Firstly, of course, is to earn profits through high quality delegation. To promote the activity of BitShares community, 30% of our profits (as mentioned above) will be used to hold activities or as bounty for programs providing additional functions of BTSX wallet, translation of BitShares products and articles.

no

x1.sun and x2.sun
PTS: PmRVDPymZqSAZEXauHZSewrUrE66af7epT
BTSX: michaelcat
Delegate Team: x1.sun  x2.sun

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

MinerVato

_
_
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 06:26:36 pm by Vato_ »