Author Topic: alt appreciation thread  (Read 10163 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
He has been voting for stopping all development since February. That is very clear attack against Bitshares in my mind. He hasn't even bothered to explain why he is doing it.

He certainly has explained why: like wildpig says he believes the current marketcap is too low to support dilution at the current rates. Clearly quite a few people agree with him since he's not only the proxy with the most votes behind him (by a large margin), but also the proxy with the second most accounts behind him.

He has been asked several times to explain how the "antidilution" plan would work, but he, or anybody else from antidilution gang, hasn't answered. Like in this topic: No dilution. Now what? Everyone anti dilution please report

The competition is strong in cryptosphere. If we stop development for a few years and hope that somehow mystically BTS price will shoot up even when the project is mostly hibernating, our chances for success are pretty much nonexistent.

How we can market with plan like that? "Well, we are now in a stage where we have stopped development and just wish very hard that price will go up." Everybody will laugh at that and think that Bitshares is dead project. Everybody will see that Bitshares has failed as a DAC.

It is fucking frustrating for me to watch all this happen. We are still leading in tech, but that's not going to last forever. Lisk is coming with DPOS and it might take away a considerable portion of our investors because it has momentum and it's using it, while antidilution gang is making sure that Bitshares won't gain any momemtum ever again. If not Lisk, you can be sure that there will be other projects coming. We can't just wait and see when they grab all potential customers.

He's not crazy just because you don't agree, and resorting to name-calling and personal attacks will only serve to alienate him and his supporters even more. Hell, I'm a worker myself but I tend to agree with him.. Now Data has been insinuating that alt is behind the recent "dividend" worker, but there's no evidence to that effect and as you may have noticed alt is NOT voting for that worker.

Well, what else you could expect? Alt has been real asshole and has stopped communicating with the rest of us. You get what you ask for. I don't have any respect for him.

This is a several million dollar business, and the goal is to get it to several billions. Alt and the whole antidilution gang are acting like retarded children. I have very little patience for behaviour like that.

I'll say it again, personal attacks only reflect poorly on yourself, and they're probably part of the reason why alt and so many others (Hoskinson comes to mind) are no longer active in this community. The current state is that all serious worker proposals have enough votes to be active, regardless of alt's stance, so your argument that the anti-dilution crowd is "making sure that Bitshares won't gain any momentum" is an obvious strawman.

I suspect alt and co feel that the current feature set is more than enough to compete with most other cryptos out there, and that what Bitshares needs more than anything else is feature stability. We keep on increasing the complexity of Bitshares by adding feature upon feature, but perhaps feature creep and additional complexity are not what we need at this point in time. Bitshares is already quite complex and hard to grasp for newcomers, so there's certainly a case to be made for reducing complexity rather than adding to it.

I'm of the opinion that any major value added to Bitshares will come from third parties building services utilizing the blockchain itself, not from worker proposals or "marketing" paid by workers, and for that to happen we need stability.
^^ this

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
So what made alt to go crazy and instead of improving Bitshares to attacking it?
What makes you say he went crazy and attacked Bitshares?? Enough with the innuendo and personal attacks already...

He has been voting for stopping all development since February. That is very clear attack against Bitshares in my mind. He hasn't even bothered to explain why he is doing it.

Alt hasn't been voting for stopping all development since the merger to this Feb, and BTS marketcap dropped lower than Dogecoin who has zero development .

What do you think now ?

So either development has nothing to do with the price , or development can only affect the price in a really really long future . So what's the rush to do dilution of development at a really low and illiquid marketcap ?

I think now this is an uninformed position.

It was the latest development by Fox to get Bitshares into Azure that got our market cap up. It all happened rather quickly too. If nothing was done, where do you think Bitshares market cap would be now? Lets just sit and do nothing is not a plan for success, it's a plan for death.

BTW.. It was because of me searching that I came across this thread and shared it in Telegram with others to show how alt used to support the development of Bitshares. I never thought it would explode like this.

It's ironic. The arguments about what he did in the past and never forgetting as some kind of allusion to appreciation are a contrast to the Chinese who always say the same thing about bytemaster in relation to the merger. Bytemaster devoted years of his life to Bitshares, alt found a bug one time.

Not trying to downplay contributions of the past... just noting how little relevance they have to the actions being taken today.

Lol , ask any technical trader , he would tell you the rise has set in stone long before the microsoft thing .
Don't believe me . Just ask .
I brought a lot of BTS long before the microsoft thing , because I believe in math and pattern .
Tripple bottom , broke a triangle from last year , and stand for several days , that's a no brainer rise for any technical traders to ride a pump.

It's a pump . Don't paint it nicely . The similar pattern happened in Doge and some other coins .
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 02:29:47 am by btswildpig »
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

So what made alt to go crazy and instead of improving Bitshares to attacking it?
What makes you say he went crazy and attacked Bitshares?? Enough with the innuendo and personal attacks already...

Alt hasn't been voting for stopping all development since the merger to this Feb, and BTS marketcap dropped lower than Dogecoin who has zero development .

What do you think now ?

So either development has nothing to do with the price , or development can only affect the price in a really really long future . So what's the rush to do dilution of development at a really low and illiquid marketcap ?

I think now this is an uninformed position.

It was the latest development by Fox to get Bitshares into Azure that got our market cap up. It all happened rather quickly too. If nothing was done, where do you think Bitshares market cap would be now? Lets just sit and do nothing is not a plan for success, it's a plan for death.

BTW.. It was because of me searching that I came across this thread and shared it in Telegram with others to show how alt used to support the development of Bitshares. I never thought it would explode like this.

It's ironic. The arguments about what he did in the past and never forgetting as some kind of allusion to appreciation are a contrast to the Chinese who always say the same thing about bytemaster in relation to the merger. Bytemaster devoted years of his life to Bitshares, alt found a bug one time.

Not trying to downplay contributions of the past... just noting how little relevance they have to the actions being taken today.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore

What do you think now ?

@btswildpig but the world has changed. Dodg and LTC are stepping down. Other coins in top 10 are all supported by no development? And what are the catching ups after BitShares?
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline Samupaha

• View Profile
  • BitShares: samupaha
I'll say it again, personal attacks only reflect poorly on yourself, and they're probably part of the reason why alt and so many others (Hoskinson comes to mind) are no longer active in this community.

Again, they are asking for it. Antidilution gang had started their attack against Bitshares long before I become really pissed of at them. They have been asked nicely to explain and defend their point of view. But so far nothing.

As a DAC we all should be on a same page. We should all know how we are going on, otherwise things like marketing are really hard. How we can create a positive image about Bitshares, when there is really big minority that is against all development? What do you think that newbies think when they start to learn about Bitshares? How you think we can attract new developers when there is open hostility against them?

I have been very open about my perspective on DAC and it's development. So far nobody from the antidilution gang hasn't criticized it in any meaningful way. Why?

And Hoskinson didn't recieve any personal attacks AFAIK. He ragequitted because one of his posts was moved to a more suitable subforum. If somebody can't handle that, he is probably quite difficult person to cooperate with, so I'm not surprised that he has left many other communities too.

The current state is that all serious worker proposals have enough votes to be active, regardless of alt's stance, so your argument that the anti-dilution crowd is "making sure that Bitshares won't gain any momentum" is an obvious strawman.

Then explain to me how Bitshares can gain momemtum if all development is stopped? This is what the antidilution gang wants.

I suspect alt and co feel that the current feature set is more than enough to compete with most other cryptos out there, and that what Bitshares needs more than anything else is feature stability. We keep on increasing the complexity of Bitshares by adding feature upon feature, but perhaps feature creep and additional complexity are not what we need at this point in time. Bitshares is already quite complex and hard to grasp for newcomers, so there's certainly a case to be made for reducing complexity rather than adding to it.

If this is their stance, they should explain that rather than quitting all communication and attacking Bitshares. What they are doing now isn't helping anybody.

I'm of the opinion that any major value added to Bitshares will come from third parties building services utilizing the blockchain itself, not from worker proposals or "marketing" paid by workers, and for that to happen we need stability.

Then why antidilution gang is also against things like xeroc's documentation which will be very much needed when other businesses are built on Bitshares blockchain?

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
alt has contributed a lot to this project since the early days of BTSX !

Also IMO he doesn't has to explain why he is voting like he's voting ...
(anyway .. just to attack long term community members won't bring them back here ..my 2 cents ..)

edit: self-notice .. cass <-- try to avoid all politic discussions etc
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 03:28:20 pm by cass »
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline svk

He certainly has explained why: like wildpig says he believes the current marketcap is too low to support dilution at the current rates. Clearly quite a few people agree with him since he's not only the proxy with the most votes behind him (by a large margin), but also the proxy with the second most accounts behind him.

He has been asked several times to explain how the "antidilution" plan would work, but he, or anybody else from antidilution gang, hasn't answered. Like in this topic: No dilution. Now what? Everyone anti dilution please report

The competition is strong in cryptosphere. If we stop development for a few years and hope that somehow mystically BTS price will shoot up even when the project is mostly hibernating, our chances for success are pretty much nonexistent.

How we can market with plan like that? "Well, we are now in a stage where we have stopped development and just wish very hard that price will go up." Everybody will laugh at that and think that Bitshares is dead project. Everybody will see that Bitshares has failed as a DAC.

It is fucking frustrating for me to watch all this happen. We are still leading in tech, but that's not going to last forever. Lisk is coming with DPOS and it might take away a considerable portion of our investors because it has momentum and it's using it, while antidilution gang is making sure that Bitshares won't gain any momemtum ever again. If not Lisk, you can be sure that there will be other projects coming. We can't just wait and see when they grab all potential customers.

He's not crazy just because you don't agree, and resorting to name-calling and personal attacks will only serve to alienate him and his supporters even more. Hell, I'm a worker myself but I tend to agree with him.. Now Data has been insinuating that alt is behind the recent "dividend" worker, but there's no evidence to that effect and as you may have noticed alt is NOT voting for that worker.

Well, what else you could expect? Alt has been real asshole and has stopped communicating with the rest of us. You get what you ask for. I don't have any respect for him.

This is a several million dollar business, and the goal is to get it to several billions. Alt and the whole antidilution gang are acting like retarded children. I have very little patience for behaviour like that.

I'll say it again, personal attacks only reflect poorly on yourself, and they're probably part of the reason why alt and so many others (Hoskinson comes to mind) are no longer active in this community. The current state is that all serious worker proposals have enough votes to be active, regardless of alt's stance, so your argument that the anti-dilution crowd is "making sure that Bitshares won't gain any momentum" is an obvious strawman.

Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline Samupaha

• View Profile

Offline Thom

I have mixed feelings about this but  +5% to the rationality expressed in this thread.
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline Bhuz

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bhuz

+5% +5% +5%

Offline svk

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile

What do you think now ?

« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 09:02:40 am by btswildpig »
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline Samupaha

• View Profile

Offline svk

Offline Samupaha

• View Profile