Author Topic: Down Load Nightmare  (Read 1580 times)

Offline testz

Should I post the RPTCRASH.dll in the bin directory or somewhere else?
bin directory is correct.

Correct.

Offline Riverhead

bin directory is correct.

What I found useful was to open the %AppData%\BitSharesX\chain\index folder and sort by time stamp (newest at the top). As long as the time stamps keep updating the client is working. It appears to crash because it's not moving and the HD isn't working but you'll notice the time stamps keep updating.

My Intel i5 laptop took about 30 minutes. My Core2Duo laptop took about 4 hours.

Offline yaacov

• View Profile

Offline testz

Hi,

I downloaded the new version and it didn't work because of RPTCrash dll. I downloaded it placed in the bin directory and now bitshares is trying to reindex the database and is stuck.
I have no idea what is going on and whether the shares I had in the wallet and bitshares I had inside it survived. ( didn't make a backup.)
If anybody can provide any advice what to do and let me know if I can recover my shares somehow I will be most obliged.

Thanks

Don't worry your shares is safe.

1. Close the wallet
2. Make a backup of all %APPDATA%\BitShares X folder and additional backup of %APPDATA%\BitShares X\wallets folder
3. Delete all files/folders in %APPDATA%\BitShares X except wallets folder
4. Run the client, wait until it's sync
5. Make a backup of your wallet (File->Export)

Offline yaacov

• View Profile
Hi,

I downloaded the new version and it didn't work because of RPTCrash dll. I downloaded it placed in the bin directory and now bitshares is trying to reindex the database and is stuck.
I have no idea what is going on and whether the shares I had in the wallet and bitshares I had inside it survived. ( didn't make a backup.)
If anybody can provide any advice what to do and let me know if I can recover my shares somehow I will be most obliged.

Thanks