Author Topic: [Updated] Guide To Pool Cloud Mining Protoshares - Also get free PTS!  (Read 84434 times)

Offline bitshirehashaway

• View Profile
Re: [Updated] Guide To Pool Cloud Mining Protoshares - Also get free PTS!
« Reply #130 on: December 16, 2013, 04:17:36 am »
Some people have been asking me about this, so remember the number of threads is the number of Virtual CPU's your package comes with when you sign up. On the choose your package page it'll tell you the storage, ram, and cpu cores, the number of threads = number of cpu cores. Hope that helps!

Offline kfuzion

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 16, 2013, 12:59:05 am »
BEWARE SCAM!
BEWARE SCAM!
BEWARE SCAM!
BEWARE SCAM!
Hey bitshirehashaway, when will you send my signup bonus? I'm waiting more than two weeks. I've sent you proof screenshots, you said you are out of PTS and you said you're able to pay by PayPal. Do you already have PTS? I don't believe you don't as you're mining it!
BEWARE SCAM!
BEWARE SCAM!
BEWARE SCAM!
BEWARE SCAM!
That isn't really called for.. He's giving you free PTS. You aren't paying him a penny. So he isn't scamming you at all..

A Guide on how to set your droplet to auto start ptsminer on boot

Note: I assume you followed "bitshirehashaway" instructions to the letter. If you changed something (e.g. ptsminer install path), you might need to change some stuff.

1. First we need to edit the /etc/rc.local file in a text editor, so enter the following command in the terminal:
Code: [Select]
nano /etc/rc.local
2. In the text editor (nano), insert the following line right before the last line ("exit 0"):
/usr/local/bin/launch_ptsminer.sh 60 & 
Save the file and exit the text editor (CTRL+X).

3. Now let's create the ptsminer startup script. Enter the following command:
nano /usr/local/bin/launch_ptsminer.sh
4. In the text editor paste the following text:
#!/bin/bash
DEFAULT_DELAY=0

if [ "x$1" = "x" -o "x$1" = "xnone" ]; then
   DELAY=$DEFAULT_DELAY
else
   DELAY=$1
fi

sleep $DELAY

echo "About to run ptsminer"

cd /root/ptsminer/src
./ptsminer <your PTS address> <number of threads>
Replace <your PTS address> with your actual wallet address and <number of threads> with the number of cores.

Save the file and exit the text editor.

5. Run the following commands and click enter after each one:
chmod +x /usr/local/bin/launch_ptsminer.sh
chown root:root /usr/local/bin/launch_ptsminer.sh

That's it, you're done! :)
We configured the OS to run "launch_ptsminer.sh" 60 seconds after system boot. The "launch_ptsminer.sh" script executes the ptsminer. So go a head and try it out by restarting the system (cmd: "shutdown -r now") and then check out your process list (cmd: "top").

If this guide helped you to mine some coins please send your tips to:
PnT2vspKeewTLqTD8rqmDhyeyNvJAai57D

Thanks!

P.S.
You can use this steps to create auto run scripts for other CPU miners (just play with the last 2 lines of "launch_ptsminer.sh").

Nice work! A very clear guide. Very well done..

If the OP isn't actually paying people, then that would be scamming. The OP gets $10 via Paypal for EVERY referral. Who knows how many people signed up? If people are getting paid, that's great. Why would someone lie about not getting paid? Why lie about paying people - well, to continue a scam.

Offline r05

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 15, 2013, 10:11:39 pm »
BEWARE SCAM!
BEWARE SCAM!
BEWARE SCAM!
BEWARE SCAM!
Hey bitshirehashaway, when will you send my signup bonus? I'm waiting more than two weeks. I've sent you proof screenshots, you said you are out of PTS and you said you're able to pay by PayPal. Do you already have PTS? I don't believe you don't as you're mining it!
BEWARE SCAM!
BEWARE SCAM!
BEWARE SCAM!
BEWARE SCAM!
That isn't really called for.. He's giving you free PTS. You aren't paying him a penny. So he isn't scamming you at all..

Note: I assume you followed "bitshirehashaway" instructions to the letter. If you changed something (e.g. ptsminer install path), you might need to change some stuff.

1. First we need to edit the /etc/rc.local file in a text editor, so enter the following command in the terminal:
nano /etc/rc.local
2. In the text editor (nano), insert the following line right before the last line ("exit 0"):

#!/bin/bash
DEFAULT_DELAY=0

DELAY=$DEFAULT_DELAY
else
   DELAY=$1
fi

sleep $DELAY

cd /root/ptsminer/src
Replace <your PTS address> with your actual wallet address and <number of threads> with the number of cores.

We configured the OS to run "launch_ptsminer.sh" 60 seconds after system boot. The "launch_ptsminer.sh" script executes the ptsminer. So go a head and try it out by restarting the system (cmd: "shutdown -r now") and then check out your process list (cmd: "top").

Thanks!

P.S.
You can use this steps to create auto run scripts for other CPU miners (just play with the last 2 lines of "launch_ptsminer.sh").

Nice work! A very clear guide. Very well done..
« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 10:14:33 pm by r05 »
If I have helped you, please consider buying me a beer:
PTS: PZ6ZED8q1i7nQqnZiwFHdgLMELi3sgpnzL
BTC: 1CPF64k1AraWAUiDSh2QthRhbtJJznzRtw

Offline tiktin

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 15, 2013, 09:55:23 pm »

nano /etc/rc.local

#!/bin/bash
DEFAULT_DELAY=0

DELAY=$DEFAULT_DELAY
else
   DELAY=$1
fi

sleep $DELAY

cd /root/ptsminer/src

Thanks!

P.S.

Offline anna.parker

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 15, 2013, 01:18:04 am »
BEWARE SCAM!
BEWARE SCAM!
BEWARE SCAM!
BEWARE SCAM!
BEWARE SCAM!
BEWARE SCAM!
BEWARE SCAM!
BEWARE SCAM!

Offline bitshirehashaway

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 14, 2013, 04:05:20 am »
If you guys want to be paid PM me - other than that please use Debian 7.0x64 if you want this code to work for you.

Offline NUKE1989

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 14, 2013, 02:44:06 am »
I saw that you are still sending so you must received 10 from my referral right now

Here is my address  PbXsK4pJFZZYUFfKd7nGHZMV9cgLgpdKcn

If you want i can send you the transaction.

Offline arodrig

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 13, 2013, 06:58:12 pm »
Hi, I want to ask a noob red hat question.
I have redhat machine, not ubuntu, so don't answer with ubuntu instructions please.

I have installed by yum: gcc-c++ and make .
So, I have tried to make a makefile on src folder of a miner, but a lot of errors appeared about std and more.
What instructions should I follow to do the same as this?(On RedHat):
sudo apt-get install yasm -y git make g++ build-essential libminiupnpc-dev
sudo apt-get install -y libboost-all-dev libdb++-dev libgmp-dev libssl-dev dos2unix

Thank you!

Offline Secabre

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 12, 2013, 11:03:15 pm »
It was a nice expierence and my knowledge on the mining has expanded because of it.
I do not regret the €6,- I spend in this adventure (Yay exchange course!).

I'm going to search on markets and other places for CPU's and motherboards so I can build a PTS-mine specific rig.
I think that will be most profitable for the CPU mining, as cloud and other VM services are a monthly fee and the others are a 1-time payment (relativly cheaper too if you search well).

EDIT:

After posting this, my DO credit was a little more then $2,- USD. After rechecking my droplets, I checked billing (like every time when logging in), I noticed it stated "You owe us $0.38".
So, I immediately checked the droplets, and they were still active! I used Paypal to make the deposit, but I think for Credit Card subscribers, they will be charged on the card when in debt.
I find this a bit annoying as I actually expected that the droplets would be turned of and/or destroyed when you hit $0.00 credit.

So for those who seek information in the replies about mining on DO:
- It is not profitable. I made $8,- with a $20,- investment ($12,- loss!).
- The CPU's usage depends on other users that share the same machine (8 CPU's doesn't have higher c/m and sh/m as the 4CPU due to this).
- Unknown of which kind of CPU's are being used on the server machines (no fine tuning).
- CPU usage drops aren't rare (see my previous posts).
- Hourly credited with ~5 hour intervals (Meaning, the costs of your droplet is not charged every 1 hour, but is charged every ~5 hours (so the credit you have is not in real-time).

I'm sorry to the OP of this topic, I don't want to be negative, but Digital Ocean is not usable for PTS mining.

As additional info, at the time of this writing:
1 PTS = 0.02454 BTC or 1 PTS = $22.52USD

(Unfortunately I was not able to make 1 PTS, but 0.4035PTS using 5x 4CPU droplets and 1x home PC using 4CPU (with a higher c/m then the droplets) which made me 0.00990BTC (trading fee of 0.2% included total).
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 03:50:10 pm by Secabre »
If my post helped you, please donate too:
PTS: PjgvxtxuUmNTu2PBtQ5bWTMZXuVZ4WyLLX
BTC: 14qtD9Pk54mTW8q7KkpSvGnhP4Xg3kyn3K

Offline gigamike

« Reply #121 on: December 12, 2013, 10:34:03 pm »
I've found it not to be profitable at all.

The first problem I found was that in ratio, the 4CPU was farming more PTS then the 8CPU.
This is because the CPU's of the VMs arent used to 100% but peak at max 65%.
I don't know if DigitalCloud has limited the CPU useage.

In the guide is not noted that you can also setup the memory useage, which led me to the 2nd problem.
Because of the servers are located in different parts (New York, Amsterdam) and are being hosted on different servers, I highly recommend to test the different memory options.
I.e. for AMS1 I found that the 512MB option was working best while on AMS2 the 1024MB option was best.

With the US droplet test I didnt come far as the server could not connect to the debian server for the apt-get update command.

Anyways, after a total using of 20$ (a google search found me a 10$ vouche when I made the 10$ deposit), I've farmed a little less then 0.4PTS, which would give ~0.00950BTC, which is $8,30USD (trading/transaction fee's not included).

During the droplet run, I also had my own computer doing some farming in the meantime, with a avarage of 1.1 sh/m. These shares are included in the droplet test, so I was cheating in the droplets favor too.

Sadly same experience i have. Even DO droplets is not design for mining, i think in the future they may change there policy on mining as DO droplets is built for other reason and not mining.

But on the good side a feel and experience on how to mine as you can setup several computers (droplets)

Mike

Offline Secabre

• View Profile
« Reply #120 on: December 12, 2013, 10:17:10 pm »
I've found it not to be profitable at all.

The first problem I found was that in ratio, the 4CPU was farming more PTS then the 8CPU.
This is because the CPU's of the VMs arent used to 100% but peak at max 65%.
I don't know if DigitalCloud has limited the CPU useage.

In the guide is not noted that you can also setup the memory useage, which led me to the 2nd problem.
Because of the servers are located in different parts (New York, Amsterdam) and are being hosted on different servers, I highly recommend to test the different memory options.
I.e. for AMS1 I found that the 512MB option was working best while on AMS2 the 1024MB option was best.

With the US droplet test I didnt come far as the server could not connect to the debian server for the apt-get update command.

Anyways, after a total using of 20$ (a google search found me a 10$ vouche when I made the 10$ deposit), I've farmed a little less then 0.4PTS, which would give ~0.00950BTC, which is $8,30USD (trading/transaction fee's not included).

During the droplet run, I also had my own computer doing some farming in the meantime, with a avarage of 1.1 sh/m. These shares are included in the droplet test, so I was cheating in the droplets favor too.

EDIT:

I've send a support ticket to DigitalOcean asking about it and it told me this about CPU useage:
Please note that this is a shared service provider, as you share all resources with other customers.

Actually a "duh". But it's good to know that a sudden CPU drop can also be expected.
Depending on your luck and/or which of what kind of other users that share the same machine as you decide your c/m and thus your sh/m rate.

EDIT2:

After this I've checked up my miners, I noticed that 1 miner actually droped in 10% CPU usage.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 10:53:13 pm by Secabre »

Offline gigamike

« Reply #119 on: December 12, 2013, 01:34:57 pm »
Hi,

First of all thanks for the guide :)

Newbie, question, how many workers do you set for 8GB/4CPU on DigitalOcean? 15 workers/instance i.e. ./ptsminer Phxxxxx 15 ?

I just want yo know if i maximize the use of server.

Server         Workers   Price
2G/2CPUS        3        20$
4GB/2CPUS        7        40$
8GB/4CPUS        15        80$
16GB/8CPUS    30        160$

Thanks,

Mike

The number you put is based on the number if V CPUs your package gets. So your 8gb 4 CPU option would have 4 afterwards not 15.

Hi,

thanks for your response but im confused. So you mean

8gb/4CPUs =  ./ptsminer Phxxxxx 4

I was able to run  ./ptsminer Phxxxxx 15

Does this have an effect on mining performance? I feel if i set on 4 im not maximizing the server use right?

Thanks,

Mike

Offline NUKE1989

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 12, 2013, 12:38:40 am »
Are you still sending PTS for your referrals ? And how much?

Offline Secabre

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 11, 2013, 05:05:25 pm »
Hi, I've signed up to DigitalOcean and made a 10$ deposit.
I've send a PM.

Offline bitshirehashaway

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 11, 2013, 04:43:43 pm »
Hi,

First of all thanks for the guide :)

Newbie, question, how many workers do you set for 8GB/4CPU on DigitalOcean? 15 workers/instance i.e. ./ptsminer Phxxxxx 15 ?

I just want yo know if i maximize the use of server.

Server         Workers   Price
2G/2CPUS        3        20$
4GB/2CPUS        7        40$
8GB/4CPUS        15        80$
16GB/8CPUS    30        160$

Thanks,

Mike

The number you put is based on the number if V CPUs your package gets. So your 8gb 4 CPU option would have 4 afterwards not 15.