Author Topic: SNAPSHOT QUESTIONS  (Read 6816 times)

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Re: SNAPSHOT QUESTIONS
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2014, 12:20:26 am »
What happens if I have PTS in my wallet for the snapshot but sell it before either of the new DACs launch? How do I get the shares due me?

You are good. Just buy them back anytime before the next snapshot.
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline aftw

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2014, 12:17:38 am »
What happens if I have PTS in my wallet for the snapshot but sell it before either of the new DACs launch? How do I get the shares due me?
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 12:19:38 am by aftw »

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2014, 08:04:42 pm »
1 - Why wouldn't you or anyone import their PTS wallet into a new BTSX wallet? The object is to have control of BTSX AND PTS. Then send your PTS back to the original PTS wallet and have 2 wallets. 1 for PTS and 1 for BTSX.

I don't import yet because I keep my PTS wallet offline and I do not intend to sell anything yet.. The normal thing to do is what you are describing.. I am not normal and I have different expectations...

2 - You're waiting for what to get to a 300 Million market cap? PTS, BTSX, both combined?

BTSX alone. And  within 2015 to overtake bitcoin...Again this is just me and I may be way optimistic but the difference is made when dreams come true.. Again this might not be the normal thing to do. Do as you think more wisely..

Offline bitcoinnoisseur

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2014, 06:09:07 pm »
Thank you but I'm confused.

1 - Why wouldn't you or anyone import their PTS wallet into a new BTSX wallet? The object is to have control of BTSX AND PTS. Then send your PTS back to the original PTS wallet and have 2 wallets. 1 for PTS and 1 for BTSX.

2 - You're waiting for what to get to a 300 Million market cap? PTS, BTSX, both combined?

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2014, 05:51:11 pm »
1 - Do I install the new BTSX wallet, send my PTS to it to get my BTSX and then send my PTS back to the old wallet after the snapshot today?

You install the new BTSX wallet and import the PTS wallet in there to get your BTSX. (Someone else can give you more details how to do that as I haven't done that and I am not going to before we get to at least 300 mil market cap)

As long as you do not sell your PTS to an exchange your PTS remain in your wallet.dat file so you can claim with that file the shares from future DACs

3 - Is the BTSX/PTS roughly: PTS * 1.28 * 500?

Yes

Offline bitcoinnoisseur

• View Profile
SNAPSHOT QUESTIONS
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2014, 05:44:14 pm »
Please bear with me as I have extremely limited access to a computer. (Please don't ask why)

I had someone move my PTS to a wallet they created for me before the Feb snapshot. I have yet to move them to the new BTSX wallet.
I need to know a few things as tomorrow I will have access to that wallet.

1 - Do I install the new BTSX wallet, send my PTS to it to get my BTSX and then send my PTS back to the old wallet after the snapshot today?

2 - Is that the process for getting each new DAC shares? (Keep PTS in PTS wallet until snapshot, move to new DAC wallet to collect new DAC shares; move PTS back to PTS wallet awaiting new DAC snapshot).

3 - Is the BTSX/PTS roughly: PTS * 1.28 * 500?