Author Topic: OMG - Ripple can fall down today!  (Read 4473 times)

Offline valtr

• View Profile
I would never discover PTS if the price on coinmarketcap in dec 2013 was not so weirdly high if compared with the endless crowd of altcoin.
I think the high position on coinmarketcap itself draw attention.

Offline werneo

• View Profile
    • chronicle of the precession of simulacra
  • BitShares: werneo
Market is indeed the only living God.
And BM is her prophet!
8) +5%

Offline GaltReport

I'm watching the little sell walls that there were on BTC38  BTSX/CNY get eaten up right now. It's just Buy, Buy, Buy...

Ripple is going down!  :)

Part of what we have to do (delegates and participants in the Bitshares community), is create demand.

For example I think we have to create on-ramps so people can actually acquire Bitshares. Minebitshares is one way but we need Gateways, ATMs, anything to help people get a taste of Bitshares X.

But we also have to think of ideas on how we can encourage people to never want to cash out. Having BitUSD with 5% interest will make it so people who want to protect their Bitcoin earnings can simply buy BitUSD5 from within BTER. That is one less reason to cash out.

If there are way more reasons for people to store their wealth in Bitshares, buy Bitshares, and few reasons to cash out beyond paying for upkeep, then few will cash out because there is more incentive/rationality in not doing so.

So if you like the direction the price is going one of the things I learned from other communities is it's a continuous effort to keep drumming up demand. The way to drum up demand is to increase the utility of Bitshares X or BitAssets. If you're running a business then you can offer a discount in people who pay you in BitGLD for instance. Stop accepting Bitcoin at a discount and give the discount to BitGLD.

yep, let people know all the BENEFITS.  A never-ending stream of benefits will win their hearts and minds!!

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: jademont
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-fulfilling_prophecy  :)

thanks to the chinese community and the bitshares promoter there. it's more or less all your work ....oh and bytemaster  ;)

I agree. Whoever is promoting this in China deserves all of our thanks. And of course, thanks to the BitShares team: it's your hard work that makes this possible.

Our Chinesecommunity team indeed did a lot of work for promoting BTSX in China, but these two days I believe not only Chinese are buying, but also buyers from all over the world. Because the BTC/BTS volume is close to CNY/BTS volume, according Bter and BTC38.
BTS committee member:jademont

Offline G1ng3rBr34dM4n

HA!  I love the 5% meme upvote, THAT is awesome.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
from skype:

[21:59:47] brianpage: We are the Borg. Resistance is futile.
[22:00:04] brianpage: tabitha....can you update social media...AGAIN? haha
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 08:04:05 pm by xeroc »

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit

Save that screenshot for use in memes.

and done.  How high can we get today.

Use memes to convince Chinese participants to switch from Litecoin to Bitshares while it's still cost effective.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 08:00:29 pm by luckybit »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies
and done.  How high can we get today.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

thanks to the chinese community and the bitshares promoter there. it's more or less all your work ....oh and bytemaster  ;)

I agree. Whoever is promoting this in China deserves all of our thanks. And of course, thanks to the BitShares team: it's your hard work that makes this possible.

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
I'm watching the little sell walls that there were on BTC38  BTSX/CNY get eaten up right now. It's just Buy, Buy, Buy...

Part of what we have to do (delegates and participants in the Bitshares community), is create demand.

For example I think we have to create on-ramps so people can actually acquire Bitshares. Minebitshares is one way but we need Gateways, ATMs, anything to help people get a taste of Bitshares X.

But we also have to think of ideas on how we can encourage people to never want to cash out. Having BitUSD with 5% interest will make it so people who want to protect their Bitcoin earnings can simply buy BitUSD5 from within BTER. That is one less reason to cash out.

If there are way more reasons for people to store their wealth in Bitshares, buy Bitshares, and few reasons to cash out beyond paying for upkeep, then few will cash out because there is more incentive/rationality in not doing so.

So if you like the direction the price is going one of the things I learned from other communities is it's a continuous effort to keep drumming up demand. The way to drum up demand is to increase the utility of Bitshares X or BitAssets. If you're running a business then you can offer a discount in people who pay you in BitGLD for instance. Stop accepting Bitcoin at a discount and give the discount to BitGLD.

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile