Author Topic: AGS Funds to be used to buy BTSX  (Read 13546 times)

Offline Empirical1.1

• View Profile
I know AGS funds have been used to purchase BTSX but will you also be moving a portion of your BTC donations as well as your fiat hedge into their BitAsset equivalent?

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
I wish my employer paid me in BTSX. I just bought some more during this lull.

Offline celticwarrior72

• View Profile
For a myriad of reasons purchasing your own currency with investor money does not seem wise.

There are no investors and it isn't "our currency".   If there were investors then this would be the moral equivalent of a "share buy back" which is what any company with cash on its balance sheet should do when their "shares" are undervalued, especially if they can liquidate them in the future.

And you've gotten sound legal opinion on this approach from a suitable securities attorney?  That's a yes or no question.

Yes

That's good to know.  Thanks.

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
Well this is called dogfooding. :)

Also they are really dumping BTC. It's the smart thing to do, especially if they plan to take over BTC.

I'm all for it. Great decision to also store in BitUSD. Are you hiring? :)

I would actually quit a solid job and take BitUSD. Heck I'd even take BTSX.

Offline bobmaloney

For a myriad of reasons purchasing your own currency with investor money does not seem wise.

AGS funds are donations given for differing reasons per individual.

However, I suspect many were given for the same reasons as myself - I perceive bitshares to be the most promising tool available, especially in the crypto-space at hastening progress toward a more voluntary and thus, more orderly and diverse society.

Whether hoping your donation has a positive monetary return, a positive liberty return, or both - BTC AGS funds being traded for BTSX is a an awesome signal:

http://www.econtalk.org/archives/2013/09/taleb_on_skin_i.html

« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 10:15:21 pm by bobmaloney »
"The crows seemed to be calling his name, thought Caw."
- Jack Handey (SNL)

Offline bytemaster

There are no investors and it isn't "our currency".   If there were investors then this would be the moral equivalent of a "share buy back" which is what any company with cash on its balance sheet should do when their "shares" are undervalued, especially if they can liquidate them in the future.

And you've gotten sound legal opinion on this approach from a suitable securities attorney?  That's a yes or no question.

Yes
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline celticwarrior72

• View Profile

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy

It shows that i3 actually believe in their own product's long term value. Its great news.  +5%

Offline bytemaster

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline celticwarrior72

• View Profile

Offline dxtr

• United We Stand, Dispersed We Are.
    • View Profile
Great decision!

I think AGS funds will do best as a pacemaker at the mountainous beginning.
In the long run it will profit everyone.
Help me out:     wallet_approve_delegate mr.scroodge true

Offline bytemaster

Hi Bytemaster

If there was some PTS bounty hasn't been paid at April , how much BTS or Bitusd can I get
now per every PTS  if I request to be paid in BTS or Bitusd instead ?
The price of PTS drop nearly half since April,I didn't want to bother you for month since you were really busy on BTS wallet .

My apologies for missing a bounty, please contact Stan with the details.  PTS in April was post 28 snapshot.    You can choose to take the USD value at the time *or* take the PTS + VOTE + DNS when they are liquid.

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
I vote that he gets the $'s worth at that time for it.

Offline bytemaster

Are you also partly in fiat with the AGS fund money? In order to distribute the risk?

Yes

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
Are you also partly in fiat with the AGS fund money? In order to distribute the risk?