Author Topic: AGS Funds to be used to buy BTSX  (Read 13455 times)

Offline Empirical1.1

• View Profile
I know AGS funds have been used to purchase BTSX but will you also be moving a portion of your BTC donations as well as your fiat hedge into their BitAsset equivalent?

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
I wish my employer paid me in BTSX. I just bought some more during this lull.

Offline celticwarrior72

• View Profile
For a myriad of reasons purchasing your own currency with investor money does not seem wise.

There are no investors and it isn't "our currency".   If there were investors then this would be the moral equivalent of a "share buy back" which is what any company with cash on its balance sheet should do when their "shares" are undervalued, especially if they can liquidate them in the future.

And you've gotten sound legal opinion on this approach from a suitable securities attorney?  That's a yes or no question.

Yes

That's good to know.  Thanks.

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
Well this is called dogfooding. :)

Also they are really dumping BTC. It's the smart thing to do, especially if they plan to take over BTC.

I'm all for it. Great decision to also store in BitUSD. Are you hiring? :)

I would actually quit a solid job and take BitUSD. Heck I'd even take BTSX.

Offline bobmaloney

For a myriad of reasons purchasing your own currency with investor money does not seem wise.

AGS funds are donations given for differing reasons per individual.

However, I suspect many were given for the same reasons as myself - I perceive bitshares to be the most promising tool available, especially in the crypto-space at hastening progress toward a more voluntary and thus, more orderly and diverse society.

Whether hoping your donation has a positive monetary return, a positive liberty return, or both - BTC AGS funds being traded for BTSX is a an awesome signal:

http://www.econtalk.org/archives/2013/09/taleb_on_skin_i.html

« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 10:15:21 pm by bobmaloney »
"The crows seemed to be calling his name, thought Caw."
- Jack Handey (SNL)

Offline bytemaster

There are no investors and it isn't "our currency".   If there were investors then this would be the moral equivalent of a "share buy back" which is what any company with cash on its balance sheet should do when their "shares" are undervalued, especially if they can liquidate them in the future.

And you've gotten sound legal opinion on this approach from a suitable securities attorney?  That's a yes or no question.

Yes
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline celticwarrior72

• View Profile

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy

It shows that i3 actually believe in their own product's long term value. Its great news.  +5%

Offline bytemaster

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline celticwarrior72

• View Profile

Offline dxtr

• United We Stand, Dispersed We Are.
    • View Profile
Great decision!

I think AGS funds will do best as a pacemaker at the mountainous beginning.
In the long run it will profit everyone.
Help me out:     wallet_approve_delegate mr.scroodge true

Offline bytemaster

Hi Bytemaster

If there was some PTS bounty hasn't been paid at April , how much BTS or Bitusd can I get
now per every PTS  if I request to be paid in BTS or Bitusd instead ?
The price of PTS drop nearly half since April,I didn't want to bother you for month since you were really busy on BTS wallet .

My apologies for missing a bounty, please contact Stan with the details.  PTS in April was post 28 snapshot.    You can choose to take the USD value at the time *or* take the PTS + VOTE + DNS when they are liquid.

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
I vote that he gets the $'s worth at that time for it.

Offline bytemaster

Are you also partly in fiat with the AGS fund money? In order to distribute the risk?

Yes

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
Are you also partly in fiat with the AGS fund money? In order to distribute the risk?

Offline bytemaster

why don't you made the decision earlier to buy cheaper BTSX? ....
(of course better "late" than never)

Liquidity.... we are already heavily invested in BTSX.   Right now the development fund has $3 million worth of BTSX in it.   Yes we could maximize our gains, but we needed to play more conservative to make sure we had enough funds to see it through. 

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
why don't you made the decision earlier to buy cheaper BTSX? ....
(of course better "late" than never)

Offline bytemaster

Was any of the large volume during the price spike over the last day AGS BTC?

If so how much?

I'd like to continue buying, but if the market spike was artificial because I3 was dumping 100's or 1000's into BTSX, there will be a pull back as the market re-aligns.

I don't see a problem wih you buying BTSX.  Even if this spike was created by I3. This is probably the best marketing to date.

About 150 BTC via BTER thus far...   Opening BTC38 account now.    So this spike was not caused by AGS being used to buy.  You can see that most of AGS is still sitting in BTC and we are not selling PTS.

Offline NewMine

• View Profile
Was any of the large volume during the price spike over the last day AGS BTC?

If so how much?

I'd like to continue buying, but if the market spike was artificial because I3 was dumping 100's or 1000's into BTSX, there will be a pull back as the market re-aligns.

I don't see a problem wih you buying BTSX.  Even if this spike was created by I3. This is probably the best marketing to date.

Offline Overthetop

Recognizing that over the course of the next 6 months the value of BTSX will likely rise relative to BTC, we have made the strategic decision to buy BTSX and hold it and to pay developers in BTSX / BitUSD.    We will keep enough BTC to stay liquid, but otherwise will keep our portfolio balanced to maximize our potential development funds.   

This is just a FYI for transparency sake, as we stated before the AGS funds were received as donations with no strings attached. 

Details of these holdings will be posted.

hi bytemaster.
where did you buy the BTSX? maybe you can consider to do the purchase on btc38. btc38 is very supportive to BTSX. :P :P :D
http://www.btc38.com/trade_en.html?mk_type=btc&btc38_trade_coin_name=btsx

+5%
个人微博账号: Overthetop_万里晴空
“块链创新与创业”交流群: 330378613

Offline jae208

• View Profile
I think using AGS is a great idea. In fact use all AGS!!  8)

Bitcoin you're going down!

But first... Litecoin
http://bitsharestutorials.com A work in progress
Subscribe to the Youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/BitsharesTutorials

Offline jae208

• View Profile
I suggest you guys keep the movement of funds in BTSX as open and transparent as possible. Way more so than with Bitcoin or Bitshare-PTS. This does make me wonder whether you guys were even confident in the project in the first place. At any rate, the progress and delivery of BTSX is impressive and your credibility, reputation and responsibilities have increased many orders of magnitude.

+5%
http://bitsharestutorials.com A work in progress
Subscribe to the Youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/BitsharesTutorials

Offline 小飞飞

• View Profile
Recognizing that over the course of the next 6 months the value of BTSX will likely rise relative to BTC, we have made the strategic decision to buy BTSX and hold it and to pay developers in BTSX / BitUSD.    We will keep enough BTC to stay liquid, but otherwise will keep our portfolio balanced to maximize our potential development funds.   

This is just a FYI for transparency sake, as we stated before the AGS funds were received as donations with no strings attached. 

hi bytemaster.
where did you buy the BTSX? maybe you can consider to do the purchase on btc38. btc38 is very supportive to BTSX. :P :P :D
http://www.btc38.com/trade_en.html?mk_type=btc&btc38_trade_coin_name=btsx
谢谢投票~ btc38.com.btsx-exchange , btc38.com.crypto-exchange

Offline GaltReport

+5%
This is an very astute decision which inspires confidence ...
+5% +5% +5%
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 01:05:26 am by GaltReport »

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi
Only small purchases thus far.  Not really in our best interest to telegraph this, but I believe the value of transparency will do more for us in the long run than any profits we could have earned by keeping it secret.
I really .. really .. really like the openness in I3. +5%

This is what makes bitshares different from those altcoin - short term profit - premine sh*** we all know pretty well
+5% +5% +5% +5% +5%

Offline sudo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: ags
it‘s a  pitty not buy  @  less than 0.01usd/bts

Offline bytemaster

On exchanges

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
The devs probably wont sell ... at least i wouldn't

Offline ag

• View Profile
does Invictus plan to buy on the exchanges or from individuals stan, dan, core devs etc?

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile
Appreciate the transparency greatly and I support wholeheartedly.   +5%

+5%

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
how many do you plan to buy?
not sure if I like this move but anyway
We don't want to telegraph *that* much... but what ever we feel will make a proper balance of risk/reward.  At least 100 BTC for starters.
I think if you really want to do it properly you should catch volatility instead of driving the price massively up
There is no other way if you what to be able to pay employees in tokens of your own network instead of in your competitor's tokens (bitcoins). And the current price is driven only minorly by I3 I guess. Coinmarketcap says 24h volume is 2011 BTC.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 09:02:21 pm by delulo »

Offline bytemaster

We don't want to telegraph *that* much... but what ever we feel will make a proper balance of risk/reward.  At least 100 BTC for starters.

I think if you really want to do it properly you should catch volatility instead of driving the price massively up

Obviously are not in this to manipulate the market, that is never profitable unless you can have side bets.   So we will buy to maximize BTSX.

Offline nakaone

• View Profile

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile

Will it be made public much was BTC was traded for BTS X? Is that anyway visible on the blockchain yet? I think not directly as we can just see how much was moved into exchanges. It did that happen OTC?

Some of both.  We will need to quickly revamp our public spreadsheets to improve transparency for assets not clearly visible on old-fashioned block chains.
+5% for the credibility gain through transparency also because Bitshares technology could be used in companies to enhance their transparency... Invictus is meant to be a good role model and show how it could work!

Offline bobmaloney

Additional skin in the game = good
"The crows seemed to be calling his name, thought Caw."
- Jack Handey (SNL)

Offline bytemaster

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan

Will it be made public much was BTC was traded for BTS X? Is that anyway visible on the blockchain yet? I think not directly as we can just see how much was moved into exchanges. It did that happen OTC?

Some of both.  We will need to quickly revamp our public spreadsheets to improve transparency for assets not clearly visible on old-fashioned block chains. 
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline gamey

• View Profile
I'm in total agreement with this.  Not that it matters, but I'm really really really in agreement with this. 
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit

The alternative is Bitcoin which is volatile, or cash which only ever trends down.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline nakaone

• View Profile

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
That means they are 101%  confident that the market-peg will hold and they put now even "collateral" behind the optimistic statements they made in past...  :D

Offline onceuponatime

A big thank you to Adam B Levine too. That's where I first read Dan and Stan's papers.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile

Offline G1ng3rBr34dM4n

Appreciate the transparency greatly and I support wholeheartedly.   +5%

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

This is what makes bitshares different from those altcoin - short term profit - premine sh*** we all know pretty well

I agree. It's one of the reasons I've stuck around. These folks have earned our trust indeed.

Offline valtr

• View Profile
It is a logical decision.  I have thought than the idea will come and it is now here. Hopefully it will multiple the funds.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Only small purchases thus far.  Not really in our best interest to telegraph this, but I believe the value of transparency will do more for us in the long run than any profits we could have earned by keeping it secret.

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit

+5%
This is an very astute decision which inspires confidence and makes sense. Why keep it in BTC which is way more volatile when you can keep it in BitUSD?

We should encourage others to do similar and to pay out in BitUSD.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline bytemaster

Have said purchases already taken place?

Thanks for the openness!

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
hardcore

all the moons are aligning

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 08:29:18 pm by TheOnion »
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil
Have said purchases already taken place?

Thanks for the openness!

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline bytemaster

« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 08:22:50 pm by bytemaster »