Author Topic: BTSX transfer error  (Read 1779 times)

Offline marcelus

• View Profile
OK I've got it. If I'd read further on BTER instead of just copying the key like I'm used to, I would have gotten this by now :)

Thanks guys

Offline onceuponatime

bter is already known to the blockchain, no need to add it as a contact :)

FYI... their registered name is "btercom" (please double check from the deposit page). 

The point of TITAN / BTSX is that except for NEW users you never have to use a public key.   BTER should really remove the key from their deposit page and just use the name.

This has confused me greatly! If I simply send it to BTER, how will they know how to credit my account specifically with my bitshares? Surely they need my wallet key?

Here's how (very important):

Make sure you enter the correct memo in the memo field as well.

Also:

FYI... their registered name is "btercom" (please double check from the deposit page)

Offline bytemaster

Use memo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline marcelus

• View Profile

FYI... their registered name is "btercom" (please double check from the deposit page). 

The point of TITAN / BTSX is that except for NEW users you never have to use a public key.   BTER should really remove the key from their deposit page and just use the name.

This has confused me greatly! If I simply send it to BTER, how will they know how to credit my account specifically with my bitshares? Surely they need my wallet key?

I wasn't trying to assign a name to the blockchain, merely label an address in the client. This is not what I was going though?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 11:41:37 pm by marcelus »

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies
Make sure you enter the correct memo in the memo field as well.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline marcelus

• View Profile
Trying to register a name 'bter' to a public key address (my bter BTSX wallet) in the bitsharesx client and getting this error"

RPC Server Error: In method 'wallet_add_contact_account': invalid account name (20017)

It's lower case, with no funny characters. What am I doing wrong??

Thanks in advance