Author Topic: All users, please upgrade your client version to 0.4.5  (Read 13721 times)

Offline DACSunlimited

• View Profile
0.4.6 is out, please upgrade to 0.4.6 instead.

Offline svk

My delegate CLI crashed.  Missed three blocks.

What can I provide log file was to determine why?

From syslog

Code: [Select]
Aug 21 23:18:30 riverhead-del-server kernel: [110780.687870] bitshares_clien[6724]: segfault at 238 ip 000000000066cec6 sp 00007f58a4222a00 error 4 in bitshares_client[400000+1238000]

Same thing just happened to me, lost three blocks as well. Relaunched now with gdb, but hope it doesn't happen again cause I can't sit around monitoring it all day today!

I recommend setting your maximum connection count to 8 to reduce the likelihood of that happening.  Also if you compile from github DAC Sun Limited has a potential fix.
Thanks for the tip.

Still compiling but had another crash like 20 seconds before my next block production slot, so missed another one there. Had set the max connections to 125 and desired to 75 but guess that was still too high. Should have the latest version compiled by my next slot.
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline bytemaster

From syslog

Aug 21 23:18:30 riverhead-del-server kernel: [110780.687870] bitshares_clien[6724]: segfault at 238 ip 000000000066cec6 sp 00007f58a4222a00 error 4 in bitshares_client[400000+1238000]

Same thing just happened to me, lost three blocks as well. Relaunched now with gdb, but hope it doesn't happen again cause I can't sit around monitoring it all day today!

I recommend setting your maximum connection count to 8 to reduce the likelihood of that happening.  Also if you compile from github DAC Sun Limited has a potential fix.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline svk

From syslog

Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline DACSunlimited

• View Profile
Hi, delegates who have experienced crash problem, can try to checkout the latest code from master branch of  https://github.com/dacsunlimited/bitsharesx

We merge some fix, hopefully, these crash issue have already been fixed.

Offline Riverhead

You can email it to sales at syncad.com. There should be no private data in the logs. We're mostly interested in the p2p log.

Thanks. They have been posted as a bug on git hub: https://github.com/BitShares/bitshares_toolkit/issues/649

Offline dxtr

• United We Stand, Dispersed We Are.
    • View Profile

Anyone else seeing this message? Is this bad?  :-[

nobledelegate (unlocked) >>> get_info
6 key_not_found_exception: Key Not Found
unable to find key 0
    {"key":0}
    th_a  level_map.hpp:91 fetch
error fetching key 0
    th_a  level_map.hpp:101 fetch

{"block_num":0}
    th_a  chain_database.cpp:1256 get_block_id

th_a  chain_database.cpp:1241 get_block_header

{}
    th_a  common_api_client.cpp:1859 get_info

{"command":"get_info"}
    th_a  cli.cpp:471 execute_command
nobledelegate (unlocked) >>>

I have filed a bug report on this. https://github.com/BitShares/bitshares_toolkit/issues/669   

Probably harmless... let me know if you are able to sync

Turns out I am producing blocks. Which I assume means I'm in sync? Message doesn't go away though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try this commands (I'm not sure if running this is healthy while producing blocks):

wallet_set_transaction_scanning true
wallet_rescan_blockchain
Help me out:     wallet_approve_delegate mr.scroodge true

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile
    • BlockTrades International
  • BitShares: btsnow
It's running in gdb now. Do I just wait for a crash?
The backtrace will be useful, but probably the most useful thing will be the logs around the time of the crash.

I have my logs directory tar.gz'd. Is there an email I can send them to? Also, is there anything in there I shouldn't be sending? I'm assuming by this point the logs are scrubbed of private data but want to be sure.
You can email it to sales at syncad.com. There should be no private data in the logs. We're mostly interested in the p2p log.
http://blocktrades.us Fast/Safe/High-Liquidity Crypto Coin Converter

Offline bdnoble

• View Profile
    • Home Page

unable to find key 0
error fetching key 0

{}

I have filed a bug report on this. https://github.com/BitShares/bitshares_toolkit/issues/669   

Turns out I am producing blocks. Which I assume means I'm in sync? Message doesn't go away though.

:)

Offline bytemaster

unable to find key 0
error fetching key 0

{}

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline dxtr

• View Profile
Yes, I was seeing this message too - it's probably related to what BM has said recently.
Don't worry - it will go away, once you sync just a little of blockchain.

Offline bdnoble

• View Profile
    • Home Page

unable to find key 0
error fetching key 0

{}

:)

Offline GaltReport

So far so good as far as crashes or missed blocks go.  No crashes or missed blocks.  I do see the disconnect messages though.  Actually, just one:

"I am disconnecting peer 78.46.32.25:1776 for reason: You offered us a block that we reject as invalid"

I continue to see large spikes in cpu and network traffic in and out during wee hours of the morning east coast time.  FYI for those who may have lower performance delegates.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 12:31:17 pm by GaltReport »

Offline bytemaster

*.charity and *.xeroc are up to date and seeing some disconnects from users because of invalid blocks (see above)

besides that .. stable for the last few hours! nice work!

I am also seeing disconnects from users because of invalid blocks, looking into it that is caused by a change I made in an attempt to prevent users from downloading forks...

It is actually happening quite a bit and is probably the reason people are having a hard time syncing. 

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
*.charity and *.xeroc are up to date and seeing some disconnects from users because of invalid blocks (see above)

besides that .. stable for the last few hours! nice work!

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
I think the fork is caused by subset of these nodes:

MISSED  2014-08-22T10:27:10 daslab                          N/A     N/A     N/A             N/A     N/A
MISSED  2014-08-22T10:40:50 btsnow                          N/A     N/A     N/A             N/A     N/A
MISSED  2014-08-22T10:39:00 delegate.adam                   N/A     N/A     N/A             N/A     N/A
MISSED  2014-08-22T10:38:20 delegate2.adam                  N/A     N/A     N/A             N/A     N/A

Perhaps the owners of these delegates can check if I'm correct.

toast?

Offline emski

• View Profile
    • http://lnkd.in/nPbhxG
Ok. We are looking into this top priority.   

I also have full node cleanly compiled and stuck at the fork even though it connects to seed nodes.
100% repro. All the data is available.

Offline Riverhead

Anything I can provide/test from my side let me know. I'll be around all day. I'm also trying to take next week off work so I can be focused on this full time.

Offline bytemaster

Offline Riverhead

The backtrace will be useful, but probably the most useful thing will be the logs around the time of the crash.

I have my logs directory tar.gz'd. Is there an email I can send them to? Also, is there anything in there I shouldn't be sending? I'm assuming by this point the logs are scrubbed of private data but want to be sure.

Offline emski

• View Profile
I think the fork is caused by subset of these nodes:

MISSED  2014-08-22T10:27:10 daslab                          N/A     N/A     N/A             N/A     N/A
MISSED  2014-08-22T10:40:50 btsnow                          N/A     N/A     N/A             N/A     N/A
MISSED  2014-08-22T10:39:00 delegate.adam                   N/A     N/A     N/A             N/A     N/A
MISSED  2014-08-22T10:38:20 delegate2.adam                  N/A     N/A     N/A             N/A     N/A

Perhaps the owners of these delegates can check if I'm correct.

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info
I upgraded one linux server to 0.4.5

and I am getting often this message:     (and only for 23.239.5.30:39242 )

"I am disconnecting peer 23.239.5.30:39242 for reason: You offered us a block that we reject as invalid"

I checked the block explorer:
http://blockchain.bitsuperlab.com/

and I am not missing blocks yet and I am not on a fork...
should I be concerned or can I safely upgrade my second server too?

thats what I see right now:
I am disconnecting peer 80.240.133.79:1777 for reason: You offered us a block that we reject as invalid
I am disconnecting peer 69.90.132.209:45783 for reason: You offered us a block that we reject as invalid
--- in sync with p2p network
--- there are now 23 active connections to the p2p network
--- there are now 24 active connections to the p2p network
--- syncing with p2p network, 598 blocks left to fetch
I am disconnecting peer 80.240.133.79:1777 for reason: You offered us a block that we reject as invalid
I am disconnecting peer 69.90.132.209:45783 for reason: You offered us a block that we reject as invalid
--- there are now 24 active connections to the p2p network
--- syncing with p2p network, 598 blocks left to fetch

Offline Riverhead

A silver lining to these delegate crashes is we'll see who is on their game and who is an absentee delegate :).

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
Guys,

since I am not very tech savvy can I still use my old version (0.4.3 i think) or do I need to update? Last night I was trying to connect but was taking too long so I just gave up.

Since I am reading that most people have issues with the new version should I just wait for a new release and when should this be expected?

In any case when Bitusd will be available I will again need to download a newer version?

Thanks

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info
I upgraded one linux server to 0.4.5

and I am getting often this message:     (and only for 23.239.5.30:39242 )

"I am disconnecting peer 23.239.5.30:39242 for reason: You offered us a block that we reject as invalid"

I checked the block explorer:
http://blockchain.bitsuperlab.com/

and I am not missing blocks yet and I am not on a fork...
should I be concerned or can I safely upgrade my second server too?
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 09:30:15 am by liondani »

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
Fresh install on Ubuntu with 0.4.5.

stuck at block 284575. "8 hours old"

20 active connections.

I really hope exchanges don't get forked or something, that would be some disaster.

Offline Riverhead

Here is the trace. Which log files do you need, or just all of them? If it'd be easier I can tar them up and email them.

Python Exception <class 'ImportError'> No module named 'gdb':
#0  get_tail (next=<synthetic pointer>, h=0x1e0) at /home/riverhead/github/bitsharesx/libraries/fc/src/thread/mutex.cpp:33
#1  fc::mutex::unlock (this=this@entry=0x2539a18) at /home/riverhead/github/bitsharesx/libraries/fc/src/thread/mutex.cpp:160
#2  0x00000000007b5290 in ~scoped_lock (this=<synthetic pointer>, __in_chrg=<optimized out>)
    at /home/riverhead/github/bitsharesx/libraries/fc/include/fc/thread/scoped_lock.hpp:8
#3  bts::net::detail::message_oriented_connection_impl::send_message (this=0x2539850, message_to_send=...)
    at /home/riverhead/github/bitsharesx/libraries/net/message_oriented_connection.cpp:195
#4  0x00000000007b5928 in bts::net::message_oriented_connection::send_message (this=this@entry=0x26c0948, message_to_send=...)
    at /home/riverhead/github/bitsharesx/libraries/net/message_oriented_connection.cpp:267
#5  0x00000000007ab220 in bts::net::peer_connection::send_queued_messages_task (this=0x26c08e0)
    at /home/riverhead/github/bitsharesx/libraries/net/peer_connection.cpp:178
#6  0x00000000007ab91c in operator() (__closure=<optimized out>)
    at /home/riverhead/github/bitsharesx/libraries/net/peer_connection.cpp:222
#7  fc::detail::void_functor_run<bts::net::peer_connection::send_message(const bts::net::message&)::__lambda2>::run(void *, void *) (
    functor=<optimized out>, prom=0x1d4fca0) at /home/riverhead/github/bitsharesx/libraries/fc/include/fc/thread/task.hpp:56
#8  0x000000000066c483 in fc::task_base::run_impl (this=this@entry=0x1d4fcb0)
    at /home/riverhead/github/bitsharesx/libraries/fc/src/thread/task.cpp:42
#9  0x000000000066cb35 in fc::task_base::run (this=this@entry=0x1d4fcb0)
    at /home/riverhead/github/bitsharesx/libraries/fc/src/thread/task.cpp:31
#10 0x000000000066acbb in run_next_task (this=0x184f350) at /home/riverhead/github/bitsharesx/libraries/fc/src/thread/thread_d.hpp:379
#11 fc::thread_d::process_tasks (this=this@entry=0x184f350)
    at /home/riverhead/github/bitsharesx/libraries/fc/src/thread/thread_d.hpp:402
#12 0x000000000066af06 in fc::thread_d::start_process_tasks (my=25490256)
    at /home/riverhead/github/bitsharesx/libraries/fc/src/thread/thread_d.hpp:359
#13 0x0000000000d4a85e in make_fcontext ()
#14 0x000000000184f350 in ?? ()
#15 0x0000000000000000 in ?? ()
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 09:13:10 am by Riverhead »

Offline dxtr

• View Profile
I've updated Win client to 0.4.5 and it crashed, when trying to send crash report, following error occured:

Seems like, when I restarted client, error message was sent with no error.

This crash happened when I run client for the first time after setup is finished (and Run checkbox is selected).

I think that when I clicked Finish/Close on last setup window, the setup process was not finished.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 09:08:06 am by dxtr »

Offline emski

• View Profile
I think this is the problem block:
HEIGHT  TIMESTAMP           SIGNING DELEGATE                # TXS   SIZE    TOTAL FEES      LATENCY PROCESSING TIME
===================================================================================================================
275169  2014-08-21T00:01:30 btsnow                          0       166     0.00000 BTSX    109139  0.006298

And here is the whole console.log - http://pastebin.com/kDBzihvJ

Apparently it is a fork with lots of missed blocks before this one. The rest of the network rejects it. I dont know why my client is not synchronizing to the real one.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 07:21:22 am by emski »

Offline emski

• View Profile
Fresh checkout of 0.4.5.
Fresh compile.
Running with new data-dir.
No wallet opened.
Stops synchronization at block 275170.
High CPU usage.
--- there are now 6 active connections to the p2p network
--- there are now 7 active connections to the p2p network
(wallet closed) >>> info
{
  "blockchain_head_block_num": 275170,
  "blockchain_head_block_age": "31 hours old",
  "blockchain_head_block_timestamp": "2014-08-21T00:18:20",
  "blockchain_average_delegate_participation": "0.86 %",
  "blockchain_confirmation_requirement": 303,
  "blockchain_accumulated_fees": "222,945.09399 BTSX",
  "blockchain_delegate_pay_rate": "1.84313 BTSX",
  "blockchain_share_supply": "1,999,946,839.85184 BTSX",
  "blockchain_blocks_left_in_round": 55,
  "blockchain_next_round_time": "at least 9 minutes in the future",
  "blockchain_next_round_timestamp": "2014-08-22T07:18:10",
  "blockchain_random_seed": "892ba7eb32d3de2c58a98cc66e91ba0a6b5cc381",
  "client_data_dir": "/home/emski/bitsharesnodeTock/bitsharesx/programs/client/dd4.5",
  "network_num_connections": 7,
  "network_num_connections_max": 200,
  "ntp_time": "2014-08-22T07:09:08",
  "ntp_time_error": 0.00049100000000000001,
  "wallet_open": false,
  "wallet_unlocked": null,
  "wallet_unlocked_until": null,
  "wallet_unlocked_until_timestamp": null,
  "wallet_last_scanned_block_timestamp": null,
  "wallet_scan_progress": null,
  "wallet_block_production_enabled": null,
  "wallet_next_block_production_time": null,
  "wallet_next_block_production_timestamp": null
}
Peer 80.240.133.79:1777 disconnected us: You offered us a block that we reject as invalid

MISSED  2014-08-20T22:45:00 emski.bitdelegate               N/A     N/A     N/A             N/A     N/A
MISSED  2014-08-20T22:44:50 init4                           N/A     N/A     N/A             N/A     N/A
MISSED  2014-08-20T22:44:40 black-widow                     N/A     N/A     N/A             N/A     N/A
MISSED  2014-08-20T22:44:30 angel.bitdelegate               N/A     N/A     N/A             N/A     N/A
MISSED  2014-08-20T22:44:20 b.delegate.xeroc                N/A     N/A     N/A             N/A     N/A
MISSED  2014-08-20T22:44:10 delegate1-galt                  N/A     N/A     N/A             N/A     N/A
MISSED  2014-08-20T22:44:00 mrs.agsexplorer                 N/A     N/A     N/A             N/A     N/A
MISSED  2014-08-20T22:43:50 clout-delegate3                 N/A     N/A     N/A             N/A     N/A
MISSED  2014-08-20T22:43:40 init28                          N/A     N/A     N/A             N/A     N/A
MISSED  2014-08-20T22:43:30 delegate.redflag                N/A     N/A     N/A             N/A     N/A
MISSED  2014-08-20T22:43:20 bitcoiners                      N/A     N/A     N/A             N/A     N/A
MISSED  2014-08-20T22:43:10 delegate.taolje                 N/A     N/A     N/A             N/A     N/A
MISSED  2014-08-20T22:43:00 anchor.crazybit                 N/A     N/A     N/A             N/A     N/A
MISSED  2014-08-20T22:42:50 delegate.adam                   N/A     N/A     N/A             N/A     N/A
MISSED  2014-08-20T22:42:40 spartako2                       N/A     N/A     N/A             N/A     N/A
MISSED  2014-08-20T22:42:30 d.dacsun                        N/A     N/A     N/A             N/A     N/A
275164  2014-08-20T22:42:20 init8                           0       166     0.00000 BTSX    113888  0.000359
275163  2014-08-20T22:42:10 calabiyau                       0       166     0.00000 BTSX    113898  0.000363
275162  2014-08-20T22:42:00 democracy                       0       166     0.00000 BTSX    113908  0.000385
275161  2014-08-20T22:41:50 crazybit                        0       166     0.00000 BTSX    113918  0.000431
MISSED  2014-08-20T22:41:40 skyscraperfarms                 N/A     N/A     N/A             N/A     N/A
275160  2014-08-20T22:41:30 angel-delegate                  0       166     0.00000 BTSX    113938  0.000357
275159  2014-08-20T22:41:20 init65                          0       166     0.00000 BTSX    113948  0.000373
275158  2014-08-20T22:41:10 mr.scroodge                     0       166     0.00000 BTSX    113958  0.00044
275157  2014-08-20T22:41:00 init18                          0       166     0.00000 BTSX    113968  0.000385
275156  2014-08-20T22:40:50 delegated-proof-of-steak        1       410     0.50000 BTSX    113978  0.001152
275155  2014-08-20T22:40:40 init9                           0       166     0.00000 BTSX    113988  0.000395
275154  2014-08-20T22:40:30 delegate.follow-my-vote         0       166     0.00000 BTSX    113998  0.000346

100% reproducible!
I'll delay the update for now until this is resolved.

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies
got my first crash on a non delegate system.  My public node went down.

--- there are now 127 active connections to the p2p network
(wallet closed) >>>
Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
get_tail (next=<synthetic pointer>, h=0xc36440e71511b255)
    at /home/user/bitsharesx/libraries/fc/src/thread/mutex.cpp:33
33          while( n->next_blocked_mutex ) {
(gdb) bt
#0  get_tail (next=<synthetic pointer>, h=0xc36440e71511b255)
    at /home/user/bitsharesx/libraries/fc/src/thread/mutex.cpp:33
#1  fc::mutex::unlock (this=this@entry=0xcb6d342)
    at /home/user/bitsharesx/libraries/fc/src/thread/mutex.cpp:160
#2  0x00000000007b52a6 in ~scoped_lock (this=<synthetic pointer>,
    __in_chrg=<optimized out>)
    at /home/user/bitsharesx/libraries/fc/include/fc/thread/scoped_lock.hpp:8
#3  bts::net::detail::message_oriented_connection_impl::send_message (
    this=0xc280af8bd9da8c31, message_to_send=...)
    at /home/user/bitsharesx/libraries/net/message_oriented_connection.cpp:195
#4  0x00000000007b59a8 in bts::net::message_oriented_connection::send_message (
    this=this@entry=0xcc722c8, message_to_send=...)
    at /home/user/bitsharesx/libraries/net/message_oriented_connection.cpp:267
#5  0x00000000007ab2a0 in bts::net::peer_connection::send_queued_messages_task
    (this=0xcc72260)
    at /home/user/bitsharesx/libraries/net/peer_connection.cpp:178
#6  0x00000000007ab99c in operator() (__closure=<optimized out>)
    at /home/user/bitsharesx/libraries/net/peer_connection.cpp:222
#7  fc::detail::void_functor_run<bts::net::peer_connection::send_message(const bts::net::message&)::__lambda2>::run(void *, void *) (functor=<optimized out>,
    prom=0xd20ef90)
    at /home/user/bitsharesx/libraries/fc/include/fc/thread/task.hpp:56
#8  0x000000000066c503 in fc::task_base::run_impl (this=this@entry=0xd20efa0)
---Type <return> to continue, or q <return> to quit---
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Riverhead

OK. I need to hit the sack now (still have a day job :) ) but will post up everything I can tomorrow. I'll leave it running in gdb "over night". Now for my 4 hours of sleep haha.

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile
    • BlockTrades International
  • BitShares: btsnow
http://blocktrades.us Fast/Safe/High-Liquidity Crypto Coin Converter

Offline Riverhead

« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 04:45:09 am by Riverhead »

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Can not transfer from the GUI on win 7.

Rescanning now, hoping it will solve it (Error was 'something 18')

[edit]

Solved by rescan!
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 06:54:32 am by TheOnion »
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline HackFisher

• View Profile

From syslog

Please run it in gdb,

gdb ./bitshares_client
run --data-dir=delegate

type "bt" to get the back trace.
bt
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Riverhead

From syslog

« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 04:23:01 am by Riverhead »

Offline Riverhead

Something seems wrong, It sits here until it eventually crashes

Same here. I've tried deleting everything, reinstalling, reimporting the wallet and client still crashes eventually trying to sync.

What hardware are you running it on? That was the behaviour of my Core 2 Duo but it did eventually finish after several hours (0.4.4). It looks like it's hung but it's not until it actually dies. You can look in the index folder and watch the time stamps update.

Tuck Fheman

Same here. I've tried deleting everything, reinstalling, reimporting the wallet and client still crashes eventually trying to sync.

Offline wackou

Initial connection to the network is much faster and it seems to use less cpu for me  +5%
Please vote for witness wackou! More info at http://digitalgaia.io

Offline puppies

• View Profile

git submodule update doesn't pull anything. 

:~/bitsharesx$ git submodule update
:~/bitsharesx$

This looks like an issue we are tracking.  With that function and mutex.   

Let me know if theres any way I can help
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline maqifrnswa

• View Profile
Cool everything seems good. Only "problem" is the sys tray icon is not in the correct spot. All the way over to the left, I have had this happen with some wallets before. Is there an easy fix for that?

bug in qt:
https://github.com/BitShares/qt_wallet/issues/19#issuecomment-51071676

https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-31762
maintains an Ubuntu PPA: https://launchpad.net/~showard314/+archive/ubuntu/bitshares [15% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval maqifrnswa true [50% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval delegate1.maqifrnswa true

Offline GaltReport

I always do this:

git clone https://github.com/dacsunlimited/bitsharesx.git
cd bitsharesx
git  checkout 0.4.5
git submodule init
git submodule update
cmake .
make

so far no problems.

Offline bytemaster

This looks like an issue we are tracking.  With that function and mutex.   

Offline GaltReport

Well, so far everything is good.  Delegate & Windows Wallet Upgraded.  Dang!!  Wallet just seems to be getting better and better everytime.  Good job!!

Offline puppies

• View Profile

Offline HackFisher

• View Profile
my delegate just crashed and missed a block.
(gdb) bt
#0  get_tail (next=<synthetic pointer>, h=0x907676b313d3a84b) at /home/user/bitsharesx/libraries/fc/src/thread/mutex.cpp:33
#1  fc::mutex::unlock (this=this@entry=0x302fe4c) at /home/user/bitsharesx/libraries/fc/src/thread/mutex.cpp:160
#2  0x00000000007b5226 in ~scoped_lock (this=<synthetic pointer>, __in_chrg=<optimized out>) at /home/user/bitsharesx/libraries/fc/include/fc/thread/scoped_lock.hpp:8
#3  bts::net::detail::message_oriented_connection_impl::send_message (this=0x83b8f563388ca909, message_to_send=...) at /home/user/bitsharesx/libraries/net/message_oriented_connection.cpp:195
#4  0x00000000007b5928 in bts::net::message_oriented_connection::send_message (this=this@entry=0x10f8ef98, message_to_send=...)
#5  0x00000000007ab220 in bts::net::peer_connection::send_queued_messages_task (this=0x10f8ef30) at /home/user/bitsharesx/libraries/net/peer_connection.cpp:178
#6  0x00000000007ab91c in operator() (__closure=<optimized out>) at /home/user/bitsharesx/libraries/net/peer_connection.cpp:222
#7  fc::detail::void_functor_run<bts::net::peer_connection::send_message(const bts::net::message&)::__lambda2>::run(void *, void *) (functor=<optimized out>, prom=0xed599f0)
#8  0x000000000066c483 in fc::task_base::run_impl (this=this@entry=0xed59a00) at /home/user/bitsharesx/libraries/fc/src/thread/task.cpp:42
#9  0x000000000066cb35 in fc::task_base::run (this=this@entry=0xed59a00) at /home/user/bitsharesx/libraries/fc/src/thread/task.cpp:31
#10 0x000000000066acbb in run_next_task (this=0x184f350) at /home/user/bitsharesx/libraries/fc/src/thread/thread_d.hpp:379
#11 fc::thread_d::process_tasks (this=this@entry=0x184f350) at /home/user/bitsharesx/libraries/fc/src/thread/thread_d.hpp:402
#12 0x000000000066af06 in fc::thread_d::start_process_tasks (my=25490256) at /home/user/bitsharesx/libraries/fc/src/thread/thread_d.hpp:359
(gdb)

Did you try
git submodule update ?

(wallet closed) >>> about
{
  "bitshares_toolkit_revision": "ceffdd1b52300daf00f05e5c15d1723fd881d4df",
  "bitshares_toolkit_revision_age": "5 hours ago",
  "fc_revision": "9e75d47ba39e31e031da64e32b866903e066ecd1",
  "fc_revision_age": "7 hours ago",
  "compile_date": "compiled on Aug 21 2014 at 18:58:18"

after restart of client.  is there a newer fc?

yes, there is a change to fc, fc need to be updated.
do I need to rebuild the client or just git submodule update?

Yes, you need to rebuild after git submodule update
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline puppies

• View Profile
(gdb) bt
#0  get_tail (next=<synthetic pointer>, h=0x907676b313d3a84b) at /home/user/bitsharesx/libraries/fc/src/thread/mutex.cpp:33
#1  fc::mutex::unlock (this=this@entry=0x302fe4c) at /home/user/bitsharesx/libraries/fc/src/thread/mutex.cpp:160
#2  0x00000000007b5226 in ~scoped_lock (this=<synthetic pointer>, __in_chrg=<optimized out>) at /home/user/bitsharesx/libraries/fc/include/fc/thread/scoped_lock.hpp:8
#3  bts::net::detail::message_oriented_connection_impl::send_message (this=0x83b8f563388ca909, message_to_send=...) at /home/user/bitsharesx/libraries/net/message_oriented_connection.cpp:195
#4  0x00000000007b5928 in bts::net::message_oriented_connection::send_message (this=this@entry=0x10f8ef98, message_to_send=...)
#5  0x00000000007ab220 in bts::net::peer_connection::send_queued_messages_task (this=0x10f8ef30) at /home/user/bitsharesx/libraries/net/peer_connection.cpp:178
#6  0x00000000007ab91c in operator() (__closure=<optimized out>) at /home/user/bitsharesx/libraries/net/peer_connection.cpp:222
#7  fc::detail::void_functor_run<bts::net::peer_connection::send_message(const bts::net::message&)::__lambda2>::run(void *, void *) (functor=<optimized out>, prom=0xed599f0)
#8  0x000000000066c483 in fc::task_base::run_impl (this=this@entry=0xed59a00) at /home/user/bitsharesx/libraries/fc/src/thread/task.cpp:42
#9  0x000000000066cb35 in fc::task_base::run (this=this@entry=0xed59a00) at /home/user/bitsharesx/libraries/fc/src/thread/task.cpp:31
#10 0x000000000066acbb in run_next_task (this=0x184f350) at /home/user/bitsharesx/libraries/fc/src/thread/thread_d.hpp:379
#11 fc::thread_d::process_tasks (this=this@entry=0x184f350) at /home/user/bitsharesx/libraries/fc/src/thread/thread_d.hpp:402
#12 0x000000000066af06 in fc::thread_d::start_process_tasks (my=25490256) at /home/user/bitsharesx/libraries/fc/src/thread/thread_d.hpp:359
(gdb)

Did you try
git submodule update ?

{

do I need to rebuild the client or just git submodule update?

git submodule update returns nothing.

Offline HackFisher

• View Profile
(gdb) bt
(gdb)

Did you try
git submodule update ?

{

Offline puppies

• View Profile
(gdb) bt
(gdb)

Did you try
git submodule update ?

{

Offline HackFisher

• View Profile
(gdb) bt
(gdb)

Did you try
git submodule update ?

Offline puppies

• View Profile
(gdb) bt
(gdb)

Offline Riverhead

Offline cygnify

• View Profile
Cool everything seems good. Only "problem" is the sys tray icon is not in the correct spot. All the way over to the left, I have had this happen with some wallets before. Is there an easy fix for that?

Offline puppies

• View Profile
Looks like I didn't install Qt properly last few times. Trying arhag's instructions now, let you know if I get stuck, should be OK.

Installing and setting qt up manually is a pain in the butt. 
sudo apt-get install qt5-default libqt5webkit5-dev  works for me on 14.04

And its way easier.

Well followed those instructions perfectly. Get to last step to run BitSharesX and it can't find the file because it wasn't there. I had no errors up until that point, and I did install Qt manually, wish I had known about the other option. I think a proper guide is very much in order for this...

Edit: Oh wait the BitSharesX program was in cd ~/bitsharesx-build/programs/qt_wallet/bin
any reason why it is in bin? Should I move it or Ok to run from there?

run it from there.  I updated my instructions in the thread I linked.

Offline cygnify

• View Profile
Looks like I didn't install Qt properly last few times. Trying arhag's instructions now, let you know if I get stuck, should be OK.

And its way easier.

Well followed those instructions perfectly. Get to last step to run BitSharesX and it can't find the file because it wasn't there. I had no errors up until that point, and I did install Qt manually, wish I had known about the other option. I think a proper guide is very much in order for this...

Edit: Oh wait the BitSharesX program was in cd ~/bitsharesx-build/programs/qt_wallet/bin
any reason why it is in bin? Should I move it or Ok to run from there?
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 12:56:56 am by cygnify »

Offline bytemaster

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9htym8knvz8xhcy/Screenshot%202014-08-21%2020.21.06.png

That is an issue that has been fixed in 4.5.  If you are still having this issue after restart then post the result. Of the console command about. 

Offline maqifrnswa

• View Profile
PPA and my delegate are up and running
maintains an Ubuntu PPA: https://launchpad.net/~showard314/+archive/ubuntu/bitshares [15% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval maqifrnswa true [50% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval delegate1.maqifrnswa true

Offline RejectKid

• View Profile
    • Facebook Profile
PTS: Pu4ahefp2nMXeQw2cxome8g6V9B4faLx81 BTC: 1NcZg4xF9zSCNUpVanfwfMJY7kqAXtdrbu MMC: MWsdbnkdZRPNEQru1YeeATZTGmqhuSYFoN
Reddit: www.reddit.com/r/protoshare www.reddit.com/r/memorycoin

Offline puppies

• View Profile

And its way easier.

Offline cygnify

• View Profile

Offline puppies

• View Profile
Is there a guide with step by step instructions how to get this running on ubuntu with gui?

I've tried a couple times using information from a few different sources and never managed to get it running with the gui. Plus it would be nice to have a guide all in one place with working gui, because if I'm having problems I can't be the only one?
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=6008.msg81582#msg81582 has a step by step.  Let me know where youre getting stuck.

Offline DACSunlimited

• View Profile
"the program cant start because crashrpt1402.dll is missing from your computer"

Just re-download the program if you still have problem. Installer has just been fixed and re-uploaded.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 10:59:49 pm by vikram »

Offline cygnify

• View Profile
Is there a guide with step by step instructions how to get this running on ubuntu with gui?

I've tried a couple times using information from a few different sources and never managed to get it running with the gui. Plus it would be nice to have a guide all in one place with working gui, because if I'm having problems I can't be the only one?

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso

I had the same issue in the client the file you need is here
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=7161.msg95548#msg95548

Offline Bitshark

• View Profile

Offline JA

• View Profile
installed the windows version
it's way faster than before  +5%
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 09:58:59 pm by jabbajabba »

Offline vikram

I recommend all delegates do not publish any price feeds until at least Monday, to give exchanges and other users sufficient time to upgrade.

Offline DACSunlimited

• View Profile
Delegates and other interested users make sure to subscribe to the delegate notification thread: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=7067.0

This is a version for all users, provided with GUI.

All Delegates and seed nodes should upgrade their nodes to this version.

Delegates do NOT publish price feeds until confident all delegates, exchanges, and users are upgraded. Publish price feed operation will officially hardfork the chain and freeze old clients.

Download and build from:
https://github.com/dacsunlimited/bitsharesx/releases/tag/0.4.5

Suggestions:
1. Active Delegate, be careful and make sure you are producing blocks during upgrading.
2. The database will re-index if upgrading from 0.4.2 or older.

Change Log:
- [HARDFORK] Required upgrade for all users before starting new market engine
- [CHECKPOINT] Block 282000 - 611197d4a3f90f5c9009559b896f0f5d4a4f4b5f
- [EXCHANGES] Added wallet_get_transaction API command
- Market engine bug fixes
- Improved initial syncing speed
- Fix wallet backup on extremely large wallets
- Fix crashes on exit
- Fix missing CrashReport.DLL issue on windows.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 10:57:57 pm by DACSunlimited »