Author Topic: Is this price sustainable?  (Read 3758 times)

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
My favorite scenario would be if we went from 16 mill to 160 mill to highfive Litecoin, and fall down to 80 mill while crying "we'll be back for you Litecoin!!" Then once bitUSD is trading successfully, new surge to 800 million.

EASY PEASY.

I give 40% probability exactly for that scenario
50% probability market cap @ 80 mil and then crash back to $40-50 mil
10% probability to go back @ 30 mil
0% below 30 mil ever again unless something really really bad happens

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
I fully believe in Bitshares and its future potential...but the current price rise has me worried about a bubble that may end up crashing hard. Is it safe to rise like this? Just need a little reassurance...  :-\
Who is going to sell and why?

Those that expect a correction and want to speculate....
Those that lost confidence but didn't want to sell at a loss and are now profitable and thus want to exit...

you said once, that you would be happy to experience some crashes so the week holders get out...
I think we will have the same effect in the current situation... :)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
My favorite scenario would be if we went from 16 mill to 160 mill to highfive Litecoin, and fall down to 80 mill while crying "we'll be back for you Litecoin!!" Then once bitUSD is trading successfully, new surge to 800 million.

EASY PEASY.
+5% .. let's do it!

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains

EASY PEASY.

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
I bet much BTC holders that have purchased their stake when BTC was at $0.1 and show the price of BTC at $30
dollars had the same feeling like you... WE ARE ON A BUBBLE !!!!
I hope we perform like bitcoin and why not even better?

Bitcoin was just currency. Bitshares could overthrow Forex, replace banks, and it's becoming a collateralized decentralized exchange.

All it needs to do everything we dream of is to connect to Ripple or Stellar Gateways. Once Bytemaster sets up market functionality the Gateway network should become one of the top priorities so people can actually trade real IOU's on Bitshares. Once people have that ability I would say Bitshares is as unstoppable as Bitcoin with a potential market cap in the trillions.

Additionally we can design for dump resistance by reducing the excuses people have to leave the ecosystem. If you only have to cash out to pay your survival costs then why would you ever dump?

The only people who might dump are centralized exchanges so there has to be some features or products to make Bitshares a lot more sticky to these entities. Exchanges seem to do the most dumping.

I fully believe in Bitshares and its future potential...but the current price rise has me worried about a bubble that may end up crashing hard. Is it safe to rise like this? Just need a little reassurance...  :-\

Those that lost confidence but didn't want to sell at a loss and are now profitable and thus want to exit...

If market functionality works couldn't they just cash out into BitUSD within Bitshares itself?

It seems users can speculate inside Bitshares so I cannot think of many reasons for speculators to want to leave unless to realize their profits to pay their bills.

So there will be people who sell some, but dumping into fiat? It might be an option but we can make it the most unattractive option by providing many better options.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 02:45:55 pm by luckybit »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline yellowecho

I think the true value of what you all have built will take some time to sink in but once it does, it should be a clear game changer.  It's one thing to see this all in words in the forum and documents over these many months but I must say that it's QUITE another thing to actually SEE THE MARKET FUNCTIONALITY IN THE WALLET

I think it will create a real visceral response in many people and that type of response will move people to take action.

I agree.. the market in the wallet is such a beautiful thing.
696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline GaltReport

Speculators never have to leave our network... thus the external selling demand will be much lower... almost entirely people looking to "cash out".

Imagine if everyone that is a Bitcoin BULL didn't have to sell on the exchanges to day trade?

I think the true value of what you all have built will take some time to sink in but once it does, it should be a clear game changer.  It's one thing to see this all in words in the forum and documents over these many months but I must say that it's QUITE another thing to actually SEE THE MARKET FUNCTIONALITY IN THE WALLET

I think it will create a real visceral response in many people and that type of response will move people to take action.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 02:01:03 pm by GaltReport »

Offline bytemaster

Speculators never have to leave our network... thus the external selling demand will be much lower... almost entirely people looking to "cash out".

Imagine if everyone that is a Bitcoin BULL didn't have to sell on the exchanges to day trade? 
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I think this is pretty appropriate demand given the eminent launch of bitassets next week.
Further: once some btsx are 'in collateral' the available (i.e., tradable) amount of btsx will decrease with the number of USD issued from the market .. you might consider that too

clout

I think this is pretty appropriate demand given the eminent launch of bitassets next week.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

Is BTSX at $500/ a piece, already?

If so I should sell some BTSXs, just for protection. Being cautious, nothing more.

Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
I bet much BTC holders that have purchased their stake when BTC was at $0.1 and show the price of BTC at $30
dollars had the same feeling like you... WE ARE ON A BUBBLE !!!!
I hope we perform like bitcoin and why not even better?

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
It has the almost instant transaction block time.  Nxt does not have this yet.