Author Topic: PTS withdrawal disabled at Bter  (Read 3952 times)

Offline Cryptofreakoutlaw31

• View Profile
Re: PTS withdrawal disabled at Bter
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2014, 02:41:28 pm »
I also wanted to mention that the PTS that I bought on Bter on 8-21-2014 and 8-22-2014, was not included on the most recent VOTE and DNS snapshot because those were bought after the 11:59 PM 8-21-2014 deadline.  Even though I bought some PTS on Bter at 8:43 PM EST on 8-21-2014, I missed the Snapshot deadline because that particular trade was finalized at 8:43 PM Bter time (China time) on 8-22-2014 according to my Bter trade history.  I knew that I missed the snapshot when I bought at that time because I got home from work at a very late hour, however, I am not that worried about it because I had some PTS stored in my own computer wallet that I bought on Bter well before the 8-21-2014 Snapshot deadline so I will still get a small piece of the VOTE and DNS Dacs. 

During the BTSX run up in price, I had a large profit when I sold some of my BTSX on Bter and since PTS went down after the snapshot, it was a perfect time for me to sell some BTSX for a profit to buy some PTS after it went down about 27% from where it was before the 8-2--2014 snapshot (bought PTS at prices of 593,000 sat/PTS and 631,000 sat/PTS).  That worked out well for me and I am satisfied with those trades.  Being unable to withdraw the PTS from Bter at that time spooked me out and that is why I started this thread. 

Thank you for the replies to my thread.  I feel much better now.  I will keep this in consideration when the next snapshot comes out.  :)

I'm in the same boat Cryptofreakoutlaw31. I don't have any PTS_S3 or anything on bter yet (I don't think anyone does?). I made the assumption that bter was going off the UTC timestamp for snapshotting. I still believe this to be true as per xeroc's comment that they didn't know whether or not they received the snapshot from bter until later. It wouldn't make much sense for them to base the snapshot off an actual different point in time than the true snapshot.

Yep.  I do not think that I will get anything from the PTS_S3 Bter snapshot.  I am pretty sure that I missed the snapshot when I bought my last PTS shares on Bter on Aug 21 and 22 (Bter/Chinazone time) but even if I miss it, that is fine because I have some PTS in my wallet that I had before 8-21-2014 so I still will get a piece of the VOTE and DNS Dacs but it will be based on the amount of PTS balance on my wallet on that snapshot date.   

I now have more PTS shares in my personal computer wallet after recently buying more PTS on this recent dip in price and that should better position me to get a bigger share of future Snapshots when they come out.  If I have any more profitable alt cypto trades on Bittrex, then I will put some of that trading profit to buy more PTS on Bter before the next snapshot. 

Offline robrigo

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2014, 02:19:37 pm »
I also wanted to mention that the PTS that I bought on Bter on 8-21-2014 and 8-22-2014, was not included on the most recent VOTE and DNS snapshot because those were bought after the 11:59 PM 8-21-2014 deadline.  Even though I bought some PTS on Bter at 8:43 PM EST on 8-21-2014, I missed the Snapshot deadline because that particular trade was finalized at 8:43 PM Bter time (China time) on 8-22-2014 according to my Bter trade history.  I knew that I missed the snapshot when I bought at that time because I got home from work at a very late hour, however, I am not that worried about it because I had some PTS stored in my own computer wallet that I bought on Bter well before the 8-21-2014 Snapshot deadline so I will still get a small piece of the VOTE and DNS Dacs. 

During the BTSX run up in price, I had a large profit when I sold some of my BTSX on Bter and since PTS went down after the snapshot, it was a perfect time for me to sell some BTSX for a profit to buy some PTS after it went down about 27% from where it was before the 8-2--2014 snapshot (bought PTS at prices of 593,000 sat/PTS and 631,000 sat/PTS).  That worked out well for me and I am satisfied with those trades.  Being unable to withdraw the PTS from Bter at that time spooked me out and that is why I started this thread. 

Thank you for the replies to my thread.  I feel much better now.  I will keep this in consideration when the next snapshot comes out.  :)

I'm in the same boat Cryptofreakoutlaw31. I don't have any PTS_S3 or anything on bter yet (I don't think anyone does?). I made the assumption that bter was going off the UTC timestamp for snapshotting. I still believe this to be true as per xeroc's comment that they didn't know whether or not they received the snapshot from bter until later. It wouldn't make much sense for them to base the snapshot off an actual different point in time than the true snapshot.

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2014, 02:00:28 pm »

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2014, 01:55:05 pm »
Yes, they now have "PTS_S3 PTS_S" in the account view which is the snapshot.

Offline robrigo

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2014, 01:52:41 pm »
Thanks a lot for the information. I am confident Bter will provide me the stake for my PTS holdings now.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2014, 01:47:42 pm »
Thanks for the information xeroc. Do you remember if they had any indication as to whether your PTS was honored for the last snapshot? I notice there is currently a PTS_S  commodity under "Accounts" but I am uncertain whether I my PTS amount was supposed to be "snapshotted" to that field. Currently it reads 0.

I'm curious because I had my PTS on bter about 1.5 hours before the snapshot, but I have no way of knowing whether or not they counted my PTS or took their "snapshot" according to China's timezone. I haven't heard back from their support yet about it either.
BTER honored the snapshot after it was taken on the 28.feb ... we didn't know at the time of the snapshot ..
PTS_S -> 28. february snapshot

The snapshots this week will also be honored .. and afaik a new row with PTS_S2 and PTS_S3 will appear .. not sure though

Offline robrigo

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2014, 01:00:47 pm »
If I recall correctly they did the very same thing last time too .. they even disabled trading directly after the snapshot ...
I think its a security measure ..

Thanks for the information xeroc. Do you remember if they had any indication as to whether your PTS was honored for the last snapshot? I notice there is currently a PTS_S  commodity under "Accounts" but I am uncertain whether I my PTS amount was supposed to be "snapshotted" to that field. Currently it reads 0.

I'm curious because I had my PTS on bter about 1.5 hours before the snapshot, but I have no way of knowing whether or not they counted my PTS or took their "snapshot" according to China's timezone. I haven't heard back from their support yet about it either.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2014, 08:24:02 am »
If I recall correctly they did the very same thing last time too .. they even disabled trading directly after the snapshot ...
I think its a security measure ..

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2014, 02:10:11 am »
Update:

An hour ago, I was able to log into my Bter account and withdraw my PTS that I had purchased on Bter to my personal wallet on my computer.  Everything went smoothly and I did not have an issues.  The PTS are safe and sound in my wallet.  I feel better now.  Thank you for your help.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2014, 12:01:32 pm »
They probably disabled it to make sure nothing happens with the network once the snapshots are taken .. I think that is unnecessary but their decision. Contact bter support.

• View Profile
PTS withdrawal disabled at Bter
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2014, 11:13:31 am »
Hello,

I am having trouble withdrawing PTS from Bter.  Here is what happened. I deposited some BTSX on Bter to sell it since it was going way up and wanted to buy some PTS since it was going down.  I sold some BTSX when it hit 4149 satoshi/BTSX and sold more BTSX again earlier this morning when it hit 5200+ satoshi/BTSX for a profit.  I used the proceeds to buy PTS since it dropped after the snapshot.  I wanted to withdraw the PTS that bought on Bter in order to put it in my wallet but when I tried to withdraw my PTS from Bter, I got a message saying "PTS withdrawal disabled". 

I wanted to know if anyone had any problems withdrawing PTS from Bter and if anyone knew when PTS withdrawal will be back up.  I wonder if it had anything to do with the recent snapshot.  I had not had any trouble when I withdraw some PTS that I bought on 8-20-2014 but did today.  Thank you.