Author Topic: MOVING PTS BETWEEN NEW DAC SHARE WALLETS  (Read 3864 times)

Offline URSAY

• View Profile
Re: MOVING PTS BETWEEN NEW DAC SHARE WALLETS
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2014, 04:29:56 am »
The wallet.dat file is os agnostic. Just copy it over on a usb stick.

in Mac OSX, where can one find the Wallet.dat file for the BTSX wallet (Vault)?

You need to show hidden files...

http://osxdaily.com/2009/02/25/show-hidden-files-in-os-x/

Offline James212

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2014, 03:10:58 pm »

in Mac OSX, where can one find the Wallet.dat file for the BTSX wallet (Vault)?
BTS: theangelwaveproject

Offline Riverhead

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2014, 05:07:02 am »

Offline bitcoinnoisseur

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2014, 03:36:00 am »
My PTS are in a Mac wallet on a Mac(not mine). How do I get them into my Windows wallet on my Windows  PC? I'm going to import the PTS wallet to my BTSX wallet and I want everything on my Windows PC.

Offline aftw

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2014, 03:01:51 pm »
I have yet to move my PTS to the new BTSX wallet to claim my BTSX. I have a few questions about moving my PTS around.

1 - After I move my PTS to the new BTSX wallet, do I need to move my PTS back to my PTS wallet and then move my PTS to the new VOTE and DNS wallets when they come out?
OR
Can I move my PTS from my new BTSX wallet to the new VOTE wallet and from there to the new DNS wallet?

I'm assuming I have to move my PTS back and forth between each new DAC shares wallet and my PTS wallet. If so there ought be someone working on streamlining this process.

2 - Suppose I leave all my PTS in my PTS wallet and can't access them for a year or longer. Will I always be able to transfer them to each and every new DAC shares wallet to collect my new DAC shares?

Again, I'm assuming that yes I can as long as each new DAC is "operational".

You don't need to move your PTS, simple create BTSX wallet and import your PTS wallet and you will get shares, all your PTS stay in place, see at the end:
http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/Bitshares-x-how-to

I'm trying to understand as well. I read the wiki and understand how that applied to the snapshot for btsx. Will it be the same for every new DAC launched going forward? In other words, for every DAC that launches one has to import their PTS wallet into their BTSX wallet to receive that DACs shares? For this current snapshot, does one have to import their PTS wallet once for each DAC or will once do it for both? Does one have to wait until the DACs actually release or can they do it any time after the snapshot?

Offline bitcoinnoisseur

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2014, 01:11:01 pm »
Thank you. I'm always a bit amazed and how polite, enthusiastic and quick to respond that bitshares members are. I only wish I had had more money to invest in PTS when I did the end of last year.

Offline testz

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2014, 12:49:21 pm »
I have yet to move my PTS to the new BTSX wallet to claim my BTSX. I have a few questions about moving my PTS around.

1 - After I move my PTS to the new BTSX wallet, do I need to move my PTS back to my PTS wallet and then move my PTS to the new VOTE and DNS wallets when they come out?
OR
Can I move my PTS from my new BTSX wallet to the new VOTE wallet and from there to the new DNS wallet?

I'm assuming I have to move my PTS back and forth between each new DAC shares wallet and my PTS wallet. If so there ought be someone working on streamlining this process.

2 - Suppose I leave all my PTS in my PTS wallet and can't access them for a year or longer. Will I always be able to transfer them to each and every new DAC shares wallet to collect my new DAC shares?

You don't need to move your PTS, simple create BTSX wallet and import your PTS wallet and you will get shares, all your PTS stay in place, see at the end:
http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/Bitshares-x-how-to

Offline bitcoinnoisseur

• View Profile
MOVING PTS BETWEEN NEW DAC SHARE WALLETS
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2014, 12:43:50 pm »

OR