Author Topic: Daily Income, Daily Expenses and Daily Burn - I'm confused.  (Read 4065 times)

Offline bytemaster

Right now it "pays" BTSX holders via the BURN.   If you were to represent your balance as % of the share supply, then you would see it go up.   Of course, that would be ordinary income, where as BURN results in a "stock buy back" or "capital gain" instead.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline pseudoscops

Thanks for the swift reply!

Okay so those stats are not linked to any of my accounts and are actually network stats? Makes sense now that I look at it as it's not on my individual account page and on the main client Dashboard.

I'm still a bit confused. Should I register the original account created that my PTS snapshot shares were paid into after I imported my PTS wallet into the BTSX client? Does it always make sense to register an account?

Also this Q & A on the the FAQ is what got me thinking in terms of personal dividends for holding. Is this slightly misleading in that I'd actually need to be a delegate as well? Or do I get an income as a non-delegate holder of BTSX?

Q. How does BitShares X earn income for owners of BTSX?
A. All fees are paid to holders of BTSX. This is what makes BitShares X a DAC: the fact that it produces income for its owners.

Offline bytemaster

Those stats are a tad confusing:

Income: total fees collected by the network
Expenses:  total paid to delegates
Burn:  total fees burned (decreasing the supply, increasing value of BTSX)

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline pseudoscops

I've tried to find the answer to this in the wiki and on the board here but I can't seem to find an answer.

Can someone explain the Daily Income, Daily Expenses and Daily Burn panels in the BitSharesX client. I think it's obvious but not working how I expect it to. To my mind the daily burn amount if positive is the 'dividends' that I should receive every day? Is this correct? If so why am I not seeing my balance increase over time for holding BTSX in my client? Is it because my original account populated with BitShares from the PTS snapshot has not been registered by me yet. If this is the case can a retrospectively claim those earned shares by simply registering?  What is the benefit of registering and do I essentially need to do it for any account that I create for it to be of any use? Or put another way is there a circumstance where one would not bother to register an account?

I might have got all of this wrong. I'm a bit confused. Can anyone help shed any light...?