Author Topic: Full node port forwarding  (Read 1957 times)

Offline bytemaster

The P2P code tries to use UPNP, but we have not yet made it robust enough to handle all port-forwarding cases.   The port number is 1776 if you want to try it.

That worked.  Forwarded port 1776 and now I have 18 network connections.

I guess BitShares-X works like Bitcoin?  If you only have 8 connections you are only downloading and not seeding?

Effectively.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline idealist

• View Profile
The P2P code tries to use UPNP, but we have not yet made it robust enough to handle all port-forwarding cases.   The port number is 1776 if you want to try it.

That worked.  Forwarded port 1776 and now I have 18 network connections.

I guess BitShares-X works like Bitcoin?  If you only have 8 connections you are only downloading and not seeding?

Offline bytemaster

use --max-connections argument if you want more peers

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
use --max-connections argument if you want more peers
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline idealist

• View Profile
I only have 8 connections to the network, I'm assuming I need to set up port forwarding.

What port does the BitShares-X client use?