Author Topic: When will pegging start?  (Read 3781 times)

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso

Depends on the Rose I guess :)

Hopefully these roses don't have a thorn

Offline Riverhead

Depends on the Rose I guess :)

Offline bytemaster

rose:btsx trade is begin

I am guessing we do not need a rose market feed :)

These types of markets may form in the future... but right now there is little demand to hedge against changes in the value of a ROSE relative to BTSX
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Riverhead

I am guessing we do not need a rose market feed :)

Offline ebit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: ebit
telegram:ebit521
https://weibo.com/ebiter

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
Yes... it would be very bad for BTSX to drop 50% for a correction just after the first BitAssets were issued...

would it be a good suggestion to propose to traders to use more than 200% collateral the first days or weeks just in case?...

Maybe it's not so bad because it would give great motives to buy bitUSDS !!!

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
Is it possible to predict any range? days? weeks?

Monday (so that all hands are on deck after a weekend)

Ok so walk me through this.

You do a network scan and ideally we have 101 delegates using the newest version.
You then, click a button or do something on your end that enables the feeds. (what time is this part going to happen)
As long as enough delegates are running, feeds are started.
Once there are at least 51 delegates producing feeds market pegging starts automatically.
then the real ride up or down starts

The big reason for wanting the details is if you are looking to either buy more or get out before the sink or swim moment you need a time table to work with.

Offline bytemaster

Monday (so that all hands are on deck after a weekend)
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info
I suggest we start with market-peg & bitAssets when the BTSX price starts to drop...  :P

Yes... it would be very bad for BTSX to drop 50% for a correction just after the first BitAssets were issued... best to launch after a correction :)

+5%

I am worried, with this strategy, that we must begin the markets after 2 months or so...  :) :P 8)

Offline bytemaster

I suggest we start with market-peg & bitAssets when the BTSX price starts to drop...  :P

Yes... it would be very bad for BTSX to drop 50% for a correction just after the first BitAssets were issued... best to launch after a correction :)

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
We will do a network scan to see where everyone is and check with various exchanges to check their version.

Awesome, the idea of ticker price at the top of the forum is great, maybe a network adoption version/scale would also be nice so we can all be logged on to see it.

Its going to be a huge history moment for the network.

Offline bytemaster

We will do a network scan to see where everyone is and check with various exchanges to check their version.

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
Recommendations are not to publish price feeds yet.

What specifically needs to happen to start publishing the feeds?

I understand why not to start yet. I just need to know what needs to happen to start it.

We want to make sure all delegates are on 0.4.5 before we recommend publishing feeds.

Yup all ready on that thread.....

Is there anyway we can see from say the client which version the delegates are on?