Author Topic: Circle kicks ass!  (Read 5617 times)

merockstar

Update, it ended up working just fine again for me two weeks ago. Just took an e-mail to circle and the understand that I have to buy more than ten dollars at a time.

Offline .yoshi

• View Profile
Does it hit your CC as a purchase or a cash advance?

Nice site, sounds like a great service.  Wish I knew about this last week :). I bet I could use my Visa debt card to pull directly from my checking account same day.

Sadly cash advance :(
If you link your bank account is this cheaper than coinbase or the same cost?

it is a great service. NO fees from Circle or my bank AND up to $500 worth of instant BTC VS. 1% fee at Coinbase plus a flat 15 cent bank fee and a 2-5 day wait period

Update: Citibank, who issued my Mastercard, considered the BTC I purchased from Circle to be a Cash Advance and slapped me with a $10 fee, beware!

Offline Mysto

• View Profile

Nice site, sounds like a great service.  Wish I knew about this last week :). I bet I could use my Visa debt card to pull directly from my checking account same day.

it is a great service. NO fees from Circle or my bank AND up to $500 worth of instant BTC VS. 1% fee at Coinbase plus a flat 15 cent bank fee and a 2-5 day wait period
No fees + it's instant! Wow that is pretty great.

Offline .yoshi

• View Profile

merockstar

Circle cleared me to continue buying on their yesterday.

Now, the prepaid mastercard I use is denying it on their end, and telling me that Circle has a minimum amount (which I verified with them was not the case).

So idk... problem might just be with Citibank now. I'll find out Friday.

Offline Mysto

• View Profile

Offline .yoshi

• View Profile
Circle has been working very well for me, no problems so far. Glad to have another legitimate place to purchase bitcoin online with my bank account and -finally- a place where I can buy coins with a MasterCard

merockstar

I take it back. It kicked ass during beta.

Started having problems as soon it went live.

The fuck...
Thanks for the update, what kind of problems? details man, give us details

I'm guessing they're overwhelmed.

My transactions all started getting marked by their anti-fraud program, and cancelled. I emailed them about it and they said to send my ID and a bill, then try the transaction again. This was a couple days ago. I did as they asked, then tried a couple more transactions. They're still getting canceled. So I e-mailed them again yesterday but haven't heard back.

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso

The fuck...
Thanks for the update, what kind of problems? details man, give us details

merockstar

The fuck...

merockstar

I am also waiting for an invite.  This sounds like exactly what I have been looking for.

I was lucky. I signed up for an invite the same week they got funded and announced they were going to exist. it was like ten or so months ago.

hope it happens quick for you.

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies
I am also waiting for an invite.  This sounds like exactly what I have been looking for.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

merockstar

looks like a purchase to me. but i'm not sure.

Offline Riverhead

« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 03:39:30 am by Riverhead »

merockstar

Is there possible collaboration BTSX + Circle? Given the value of storing BitUSD, or are they providing their own solution to the same problem?

it's centralized. they basically offer usd IOUs that you can redeem.

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
I signed up for a invite, have you actually used their service?

yes. just used it for the first time today. hence the post.

Can you give a little more context?

I use bitstamp and do international wire transfer's. I am completely reconsidering this as a branch manager recently called me "for my protection" to ask questions about my income and the purpose of said transfers even though I clearly stated digital commodities on the paper work.

well, it's a piece of cake. you store a credit card number. click deposit funds, tell it how much, then click deposit.

then it instantly has your money there. you can work with your money as USD or as bitcoin, it regards each as the same thing, there's a withdrawal screen from usd where it deposits to your credit card, and a withdraw screen as bitcoin where you enter a btc address.

the only thing is if you have the cheddar to be justifying international wire transfers then this might not be for you. there's a 500 dollar a day limit.

Well its still nice to have alternatives. Thanks for sharing your experience.  I am in line waiting for a invite but if I do get one I may give it a go.

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
Is there possible collaboration BTSX + Circle? Given the value of storing BitUSD, or are they providing their own solution to the same problem?

merockstar

I use bitstamp and do international wire transfer's. I am completely reconsidering this as a branch manager recently called me "for my protection" to ask questions about my income and the purpose of said transfers even though I clearly stated digital commodities on the paper work.

well, it's a piece of cake. you store a credit card number. click deposit funds, tell it how much, then click deposit.

then it instantly has your money there. you can work with your money as USD or as bitcoin, it regards each as the same thing, there's a withdrawal screen from usd where it deposits to your credit card, and a withdraw screen as bitcoin where you enter a btc address.

the only thing is if you have the cheddar to be justifying international wire transfers then this might not be for you. there's a 500 dollar a day limit.

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile

merockstar

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile

merockstar

It's what, as an American who the banks won't touch for another seven years, I've been waiting for.

Prepaid card? no problem.
pay card? no problem.
credit card? no problem.

if you're in the same boat as me, you need to be signing up for a circle invite.
the only thing I don't like about it is it makes it hard not to blow my entire pay on crypto.