Author Topic: The trolls are out at Bitcointalk  (Read 2041 times)

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
I'll go right ahead and urge Daniel to NOT read such threads from now on. Fame must be tempered by limited exposure to things like this..

Bitcoin talk forum is horrible for Bitcoin. The Bitcoin Community would be doing itself a favor ...if it could revamp the site.

..the lure is too great https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=752258.msg8494945#msg8494945 ah well, we're still at a relatively quiet stage as bitcoin itself is a calm sea

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Yhea .. i only regularily crawl through this board and reddits r/Bitcoin and r/BitShares

Offline kripeecakes

• View Profile
I'll go right ahead and urge Daniel to NOT read such threads from now on. Fame must be tempered by limited exposure to things like this.. Celebrities are not weak for shielding themselves, it is a psychological necessity ignored at peril.

Bitcoin talk forum is horrible for Bitcoin. The Bitcoin Community would be doing itself a favor ...if it could revamp the site.

Offline GaltReport

I think the "team" should be prepared for some tech/hack attacking once they pass the laughing/ridicule phase....more success=more attacks.  BE VIGILANT!

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
I'll go right ahead and urge Daniel to NOT read such threads from now on. Fame must be tempered by limited exposure to things like this.. Celebrities are not weak for shielding themselves, it is a psychological necessity ignored at peril.

Offline onceuponatime

New thread at bitcointalk.org:

Bitcoin 2.0
Today at 04:34:08 PM

Bitcoin 2.0 is quite different from 'altcoins'. Shouldn't this forum have a category 'Bitcoin 2.0' for all those projects?  It is VERY hard to find posts related to the Bitcoin 2.0 concept as they forever lost in the trash that is 'Altcoins'.  What gives?

C'mon Theymos - organize the site in a way which is most useful to the readers.  Maybe the management here has something against Bitcoin 2.0 world?  Weird.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=752221.0

p.s This is in Discussion threads - NOT altcoins threads - so it has top of forum visibility. And it will be seen by the general bitcoin public, not just the FUDDERS at Alternate Cryyptocurrencies

Don't mention btsx specifically or the thread will get kicked to Alternate cryptocurrencies!

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
Best antidote for trolls it to let them see the bitUSD peg working. Then they will see how good BTSX is as a store of value.

Offline champbronc2

• View Profile
There is one hell of a technology behind BitsharesX.

The rest of the battle will be won by marketing and positive public reception. I think that is the biggest hurdle Bitshares faces. I think Brian, the marketing director, has been doing a great job and getting Bitshares on the right track in that category.

Keep it up!

Offline Riverhead

I agree. We just need to be careful NOT to get lured into flame wars.

Bytemaster's ability to not get baited was one of the reasons I stuck around for so long. When he first announced the project he got soundly beat with a trout. It's scam, it'll never work, that's not how the real world works, etc. etc. etc. To each post was a well reasoned point by point response without being drawn into an emotional pissing contest. That, to me, was the mark of someone that could stay the course and produce a quality well thought out product.

Ggozzo

It seems the negativity is rampant over there. Get over there and let's shed some light. It's useless to change the trolls minds as they are just trying to defend their alternative investments, but we should still help the noobs, lurkers, and uninformed see the truth.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=752258.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=752450.0