Author Topic: BTER and snapshot  (Read 10188 times)

Offline robrigo

Re: BTER and snapshot
« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2014, 08:01:53 pm »
I haven't even checked yet but how many Vote shares and how many DNS shares we should get per 1 PTS and based on what initial supply for each of them. Also you guys are mentioning PTS_3. which shares will be shown there? from DNS or for Vote?

I believe both VOTE and DNS DAC will be taken from the PTS_S3 value. Not sure what the conversion rate will be yet.

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2014, 07:59:43 pm »
I haven't even checked yet but how many Vote shares and how many DNS shares we should get per 1 PTS and based on what initial supply for each of them. Also you guys are mentioning PTS_3. which shares will be shown there? from DNS or for Vote?

I would also like to know that as well!
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2014, 07:52:29 pm »

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2014, 07:38:26 pm »
Hey cass,

I complained to them that taking the snapshot at a different instant in time compared to the real snapshot makes absolutely no sense, and they gave me the PTS_S3 I deserved. Re-open your ticket and be persistent. Here is the thread from my correspondence with them from the last reply I posted earlier:

BTER: Dear Sir,
          PTS_3 was snapshot on 23:30-24:00 UTC+8 Aug 21 , 8 hours before blockchain time in case of failing to receive PTS on bter account at the deadline.

robrigo: All I need to know is if I should have PTS_S3 in my bter account. I held
PTS on bter at the time of the actual snapshot (August 21 11:59:59 pm UTC).
So my question to you is whether that counts or I missed it. I moved my PTS
from my local wallet to bter before the actual snapshot and I would like
credit for it.

robrigo: It doesn't make sense that bter would take the snapshot at a time different
from the real snapshot. The blog post about it on bter was ambiguous and
never specified the time. Please make this right for those of us who chose
to use bter for the snapshot.

BTER:  Dear Sir,
We will credit you the PTS-S3 accordingly
Please kindly check it later

Afterward, I had the correct amount of PTS_S3 on my bter account. So just be persistent and explain to them that their snapshot process doesn't make sense! Good luck, I think you'll get your snapshot stake with no problems as we are in the same boat and they honored mine.

I also complained about it (I was holding PTS at actual snapshot time but didn't get PTS_S3). I'm waiting the reply.
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline robrigo

« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2014, 03:19:13 pm »
Hey cass,

I complained to them that taking the snapshot at a different instant in time compared to the real snapshot makes absolutely no sense, and they gave me the PTS_S3 I deserved. Re-open your ticket and be persistent. Here is the thread from my correspondence with them from the last reply I posted earlier:

BTER: Dear Sir,
          PTS_3 was snapshot on 23:30-24:00 UTC+8 Aug 21 , 8 hours before blockchain time in case of failing to receive PTS on bter account at the deadline.

robrigo: All I need to know is if I should have PTS_S3 in my bter account. I held
PTS on bter at the time of the actual snapshot (August 21 11:59:59 pm UTC).
So my question to you is whether that counts or I missed it. I moved my PTS
from my local wallet to bter before the actual snapshot and I would like
credit for it.

robrigo: It doesn't make sense that bter would take the snapshot at a time different
from the real snapshot. The blog post about it on bter was ambiguous and
never specified the time. Please make this right for those of us who chose
to use bter for the snapshot.

BTER:  Dear Sir,
We will credit you the PTS-S3 accordingly
Please kindly check it later

Afterward, I had the correct amount of PTS_S3 on my bter account. So just be persistent and explain to them that their snapshot process doesn't make sense! Good luck, I think you'll get your snapshot stake with no problems as we are in the same boat and they honored mine.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2014, 03:13:34 pm »
I decided to move my PTS to bter for the snapshot a couple hours before 11:59:59 PM UTC but I don't think they gave me credit for it. Was I supposed to have PTS_S on my bter account for this snapshot by now?

I guess I shouldn't have assumed they would be recognizing the snapshot at the time it was announced but I hope they will make it right for me. The post on their site never specified a time either, I guess it just said before the 21st (https://bter.com/article/2278:'(.

It looks like their exchange is based off UTC+8 timezone based on my deposit timestamp: 2014-08-22 06:32:31

So that would have been deposited at 2014-08-21 10:32:31 UTC. I really hope they make it right so my PTS investment wasn't worthless.

indeed interesting.. same issue for me also  :-\

Hey cass, were you ever able to figure out if they honored your PTS for the snapshot? I got an ambiguous reply back from their support which didn't really answer my initial question of if they snapshotted based on their timezone or UTC. Here's the reply:

"

Dear Sir,

"

So it sounds like PTS_3 was a "snapshot" taken 8 hours before the real snapshot for backup or something? I responded to try to get more clarification if they are honoring it based on UTC or UTC+8. It seems like it wouldn't make any sense if they are doing UTC+8 as that is a different instant in time from the actual snapshot.

No didn't get it clear yet! Same on my side! They replied but without answering my initial question! And yes thats how i understand it! UTC +8! But then my PTS were on BTER.com and not in my wallet! Also if snapshot time is UTC+8 then my PTS on BTER.com also doesn't count for snapshot! THIS WOULD BE REALLY ANNOYING!

It was first time i didn't claim it from local wallet. If due the UTC +8 issue i won't claim my DNS/VOTE shares now...
then i'll not longer able to recommend bter.com for snapshots etc.

Dear Sir,
If you have pts on your Bter account between 23:30-24:00 Aug 21 UTC+8(We are 8 hour ahead in case the pts deposit fail to reach Bter at the deadline), you will be granted PTS-S3.
If there is any question,please let us know
Thanks

so i guess my claim is gone ---- if i interpret this correctly ... really annoying... cause why we publish a UTC snapshot date if exchanges use there own time to snapshot :(
my 2 BTSX
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline robrigo

« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2014, 11:18:09 am »
I got a reply back saying they would honor the PTS I had on the exchange for the snapshot as PTS_S3. I wasn't trying to drag them through the mud,  just trying to find answers because I am very excited to be apart of the new DACs!

Offline mint chocolate chip

« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2014, 08:14:34 am »
BTER went through this process already, they did a commendable job handling the PTS_S to BTSX.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2014, 07:12:08 am »
The probably disabled withdrawals and deposits at that time

Offline robrigo

« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2014, 12:30:21 am »
I decided to move my PTS to bter for the snapshot a couple hours before 11:59:59 PM UTC but I don't think they gave me credit for it. Was I supposed to have PTS_S on my bter account for this snapshot by now?

I guess I shouldn't have assumed they would be recognizing the snapshot at the time it was announced but I hope they will make it right for me. The post on their site never specified a time either, I guess it just said before the 21st (https://bter.com/article/2278:'(.

It looks like their exchange is based off UTC+8 timezone based on my deposit timestamp: 2014-08-22 06:32:31

So that would have been deposited at 2014-08-21 10:32:31 UTC. I really hope they make it right so my PTS investment wasn't worthless.

Hey cass, were you ever able to figure out if they honored your PTS for the snapshot? I got an ambiguous reply back from their support which didn't really answer my initial question of if they snapshotted based on their timezone or UTC. Here's the reply:

"

Dear Sir,

"

So it sounds like PTS_3 was a "snapshot" taken 8 hours before the real snapshot for backup or something? I responded to try to get more clarification if they are honoring it based on UTC or UTC+8. It seems like it wouldn't make any sense if they are doing UTC+8 as that is a different instant in time from the actual snapshot.

Offline robrigo

« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2014, 12:44:00 am »
I was kind of afraid to sell it off as was my initial strategy because of this so it looks like I'll be holding my PTS for the long haul! That won't be such a terrible loss so long as they do indeed give us credit for the snapshot. I put in a ticket for clarification about 25 minutes ago so I'll keep you posted on their response.

Offline onceuponatime

« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2014, 12:42:24 am »

Sounds like you are OK to me. Might take bter a day or two to get the snapshot results to reflect in your balances.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2014, 12:39:58 am »

█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline robrigo

« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2014, 12:36:57 am »

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2014, 06:04:37 pm »
yes