Author Topic: 0.4.6 has a bug with transaction history, Users on that please upgrade to 0.4.7  (Read 6310 times)

Offline Riverhead

I was just talking with Valentine about this today.  He plans to switch to a new table library for performance reasons and to solve the very issue you just described.

+5%  You guys are on it. I feel I have finally backed the right horse for once :).

Offline bytemaster

I know you guys are working on much more serious stuff right now but for when things settle a bit: a GUI suggestion. On the Markets tab the Buy and Ask books have column headers that scroll with the list rather than staying at the top. Small thing but it's sort of annoying.

On the plus side I love how the new send-to account box drop down search filter works now. Much better!

I was just talking with Valentine about this today.  He plans to switch to a new table library for performance reasons and to solve the very issue you just described. 
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Riverhead

I know you guys are working on much more serious stuff right now but for when things settle a bit: a GUI suggestion. On the Markets tab the Buy and Ask books have column headers that scroll with the list rather than staying at the top. Small thing but it's sort of annoying.

On the plus side I love how the new send-to account box drop down search filter works now. Much better!
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 04:28:17 am by Riverhead »

Offline Riverhead

All good here, still have to end process to get setup to close, but everything else was smooth as silk

I just noticed if you don't check the Run box in the last screen of the setup wizard it exists. It must be launching the client as a child process or something. When you exit the client it exits setup if you had clicked Run.

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso
All good here, still have to end process to get setup to close, but everything else was smooth as silk

Offline bytemaster

DACSunlimited, you should do better on the management of  production version release. it is not a good practice to release the product too often.

Yes.. in the ideal world they would simply release once a week or once per month with a nice stable update.    It is quite embarrassing actually.

There is a strong desire to get bugs fixed for people that are experiencing as soon as possible.   We are working to expand our unit test coverage so that we can detect regressions prior to release.   

With crypto-systems like this I think it isn't a good idea to release too quickly, but it is also not a good idea to delay release of critical bug fixes.   
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Riverhead

Offline crazybit

DACSunlimited, you should do better on the management of  production version release. it is not a good practice to release the product too often.

Offline Riverhead

I know this has been asked before but I can't find it. What flag do I need to add so that I don't build the test cases?
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 04:06:43 am by Riverhead »

Offline DACSunlimited

• View Profile
It is a severe bug, new transactions received might cause the transaction history being cleared.

https://github.com/dacsunlimited/bitsharesx/releases/tag/0.4.7
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 03:41:17 am by HackFisher »